Ariel B Lindner
- Protein aggregation as a paradigm of agingAriel B Lindner
INSERM U571, Paris Descartes University, Paris, F 75015, France
Biochim Biophys Acta 1790:980-96. 2009....
- Localization of protein aggregation in Escherichia coli is governed by diffusion and nucleoid macromolecular crowding effectAnne Sophie Coquel
Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale, Unité 1001, Paris, France
PLoS Comput Biol 9:e1003038. 2013..They further support the importance of "soft" intracellular structuring (based on macromolecular crowding) in diffusion-based protein localization in E. coli...
- Pre-disposition and epigenetics govern variation in bacterial survival upon stressMing Ni
Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale, Paris, France
PLoS Genet 8:e1003148. 2012..Unlike in a bet-hedging strategy, we observe that cells with a higher investment in maintenance, measured as the basal RpoH transcriptional activity prior to antibiotic treatment, are more likely to give rise to stressed, frail progeny...
- Asymmetric segregation of protein aggregates is associated with cellular aging and rejuvenationAriel B Lindner
Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale, Unité 571, F 75015 Paris, France
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 105:3076-81. 2008..This suggests an asymmetric strategy whereby dividing cells segregate damage at the expense of aging individuals, resulting in the perpetuation of the population...
- Direct visualization of horizontal gene transferAna Babic
INSERM U571, Paris F 75015, France
Science 319:1533-6. 2008..The incidence of DNA splitting corresponds to about one crossover per cell generation...
- Recombination and replication in DNA repair of heavily irradiated Deinococcus radioduransDea Slade
Universite Paris Descartes, Faculte de Medecine, INSERM U571, Paris, France
Cell 136:1044-55. 2009..The present in vivo characterization of key recombination and replication processes dissects the mechanism of DNA repair in heavily irradiated D. radiodurans...
- Pre-dispositions and epigenetic inheritance in the Escherichia coli lactose operon bistable switchLydia Robert
INSERM, and Faculty of Medicine, Paris Descartes University, 24 Rue de Faubourg St Jacques, Paris, France
Mol Syst Biol 6:357. 2010..Thus, stochasticity at the local level of the network and global physiology are synergistically involved in cell response determination...
- Emergence of variability in isogenic Escherichia coli populations infected by a filamentous virusMarianne De Paepe
INSERM, Unité 1001, Génétique Moléculaire Evolutive et Médicale, Paris, France Université Paris Descartes, Paris, France
PLoS ONE 5:e11823. 2010..Moreover, it naturally reproduces the shift towards higher virulence when the host is experimenting poor conditions, as observed commonly in host-parasite systems...
- Mutations in two global regulators lower individual mortality in Escherichia coliFanette Fontaine
INSERM, U571, Paris, F 75015, France
Mol Microbiol 67:2-14. 2008..The identification of these two mutants implies that reducing mortality is not impossible; rather, due to its cost, it is subject to trade-offs with other traits that contribute to the competitive success of the organism...
- Dissecting the genetic components of adaptation of Escherichia coli to the mouse gutAntoine Giraud
INSERM, U571, Paris, France
PLoS Genet 4:e2. 2008....