- Involvement of Panton-Valentine leukocidin-producing Staphylococcus aureus in primary skin infections and pneumoniaG Lina
Centre National de Référence de Toxémies Staphylococciques, Faculte de Medecine, 69372 Lyon Cedex 08, France
Clin Infect Dis 29:1128-32. 1999..It thus appears that PVL is mainly associated with necrotic lesions involving the skin or mucosa...
- Distribution of genes encoding resistance to macrolides, lincosamides, and streptogramins among staphylococciG Lina
Faculte de Medecine, Laboratoire de Bacteriologie, Centre national de référence des toxémies à staphylocoques, EA 1655, 69372 Lyon Cedex 08, France
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 43:1062-6. 1999..A combination of vga-vgb-vat and ermA genes was found in a single strain of S. epidermidis...
- Detection of staphylococcal superantigenic toxins by a CD69-specific cytofluorimetric assay measuring T-cell activationG Lina
Centre National de Référence des Staphylocoques, Faculte de Medecine, UPRES EA1655, Lyon, France
J Clin Microbiol 36:1042-5. 1998..This CD69 assay might be used for initial detection of superantigens from S. aureus strains isolated in the context of staphylococcal toxemia or related chronic human diseases such as atopic dermatitis or Kawasaki syndrome...
- Exfoliatin-producing strains define a fourth agr specificity group in Staphylococcus aureusS Jarraud
Faculte de Medecine Laennec, 69372 Lyon Cedex 08, France
J Bacteriol 182:6517-22. 2000..This finding raises the question of the biological significance of the agr autoinduction threshold...
- Acute postoperative endophthalmitis caused by Staphylococcus lugdunensisC Chiquet
Department of Ophthalmology, CHU de Grenoble, Faculte de Medecine, Universite Joseph Fourier, Grenoble, France
J Clin Microbiol 45:1673-8. 2007..The microbiological diagnosis was reached by using conventional cultures with specific biochemical tests and eubacterial PCR amplification followed by direct sequencing...
- One in five mortality in non-menstrual toxic shock syndrome versus no mortality in menstrual cases in a balanced French series of 55 casesE Descloux
INSERM, U851, Lyon, 69008, France
Eur J Clin Microbiol Infect Dis 27:37-43. 2008..NMTSS would require more aggressive therapy, comprising systematic rapid wound debridement, antistaphylococcal agents, including an antitoxin antibiotics, and intravenous immunoglobulin...
- Role of superantigenic strains in the prognosis of community-acquired methicillin-susceptible Staphylococcus aureus bacteraemiaA Desachy
Dupuytren Teaching Hospital, Medical Surgical Intensive Care Unit, Limoges, France
Clin Microbiol Infect 13:1131-3. 2007..Fourteen patients had septic shock, and the mortality rate in this subgroup was 56%. Twenty-seven (73%) isolates produced at least one superantigenic toxin, but this did not influence the rate of occurrence of septic shock or death...
- [Menstrual staphylococcal toxic shock is still a reality]T Galperine
Hopital Pellegrin, 33076 Bordeaux
Presse Med 32:1121-2. 2003..Today, the nonmenstrual form of shock is the most frequent. The incidence of menstrual shock is low but their potential severity must be recalled...
- High prevalence of superantigens associated with the egc locus in Staphylococcus aureus isolates from patients with atopic eczemaM Mempel
Klinik und Poliklinik für Dermatologie und Allergologie am Biederstein der Technischen Universität München, Biedersteiner Strasse 29, 80802, Munich, Germany
Eur J Clin Microbiol Infect Dis 22:306-9. 2003..However, patients colonized with Staphylococcus aureus had a significantly higher SCORAD score than those not colonized...
- Analysis of superantigenic toxin Vbeta T-cell signatures produced during cases of staphylococcal toxic shock syndrome and septic shockT Ferry
INSERM U851, Universite Lyon 1, Centre National de Référence des Staphylocoques, Faculte de Medecine Laennec, Lyon, France
Clin Microbiol Infect 14:546-54. 2008..In this latter condition, a superantigenic toxin may not be produced by S. aureus, or its production may occur without expansion of targeted T-cells because of T-cell apoptosis and/or anergy...
- Effect of antibiotics, alone and in combination, on Panton-Valentine leukocidin production by a Staphylococcus aureus reference strainO Dumitrescu
INSERM U851 and Université Lyon 1, Centre National de Référence des Staphylocoques, Faculte Laennec, Lyon, France
Clin Microbiol Infect 14:384-8. 2008..These data support the use of oxacillin in combination with clindamycin, rifampicin or linezolid for the treatment of PVL-positive S. aureus infections...
- [Osteoarticular infections with staphylococcus aureus secreting Panton-Valentine leucocidin]Y Gillet
Service d urgences et réanimation pédiatrique, Hopital Edouard Herriot, Lyon, France
Arch Pediatr 14:S102-7. 2007..Surgical procedure should be considered whenever focal abscesses of bones or adjacent tissue is detected and should be repeated in most cases...
- The serine-aspartate repeat (Sdr) protein family in Staphylococcus epidermidisK W McCrea
Institute of Biosciences and Technology, Texas Medical Center, 2121 West Holcombe Boulevard, Houston, TX 77030 3303, USA
Microbiology 146:1535-46. 2000..Antisera from 16 patients who had recovered from S. epidermidis infections contained antibodies that reacted with recombinant A regions of SdrG and SdrH, suggesting that these proteins can be expressed during infection...
- egc, a highly prevalent operon of enterotoxin gene, forms a putative nursery of superantigens in Staphylococcus aureusS Jarraud
Centre Nationale des Toxémies à Staphylococques, Faculte de Medecine Laennec, Lyon, France
J Immunol 166:669-77. 2001..Phylogenetic analysis of enterotoxin genes indicated that they all potentially derived from this cluster, identifying egc as a putative nursery of enterotoxin genes...
- Incidence of Staphylococcus aureus with reduced susceptibility to glycopeptides in two French hospitalsM E Reverdy
Laboratoire de Microbiologie, , Lyon, France
Clin Microbiol Infect 7:267-72. 2001..e. regardless of predisposing factors and glycopeptide therapeutics, remains low in the two French hospitals involved in the study, representing 0.6% of isolates...
- Staphylococcal chromosome cassette evolution in Staphylococcus aureus inferred from ccr gene complex sequence typing analysisG Lina
INSERM E0230, Universite Lyon 1, Centre National de Référence des Staphylocoques, Faculte Laennec, Lyon, France
Clin Microbiol Infect 12:1175-84. 2006..The acquisition of this SCCmec element was five- to ten-fold more common than that of others. Models of MRSA clone evolution suggest that this SCCmec was first found in the paediatric clone...
- Multiple neonatal staphylococcal cold abscesses of the large foldsF Huber
Paediatric Dermatology Unit, Children s Hospital of Bordeaux, Bordeaux, France
J Eur Acad Dermatol Venereol 20:1197-200. 2006..We describe three neonates who presented around the tenth day of life with multiple bilateral fluctuating cold abscesses situated in the lymph node areas, with secondary fistulation but without associated fever or general symptoms...
- Distribution of the exfoliative toxin D gene in clinical Staphylococcus aureus isolates in FranceO Yamasaki
Centre National de Référence des Staphylocoques, INSERM E0230, IFR62 Faculté de Médecine Laennec, Lyon, France
Clin Microbiol Infect 12:585-8. 2006..Most etd- and Panton-Valentine leukocidin-positive strains belonged to the clone of community-acquired methicillin-resistant S. aureus spreading currently throughout France...
- Emergence of two populations of methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus with distinct epidemiological, clinical and biological features, isolated from patients with community-acquired skin infectionsP Del Giudice
Unité d Infectiologie Dermatalogie, Hôpital Bonnet, Frejus, France
Br J Dermatol 154:118-24. 2006..Community-acquired skin and soft-tissue infections due to methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) are an emerging clinical and epidemiological problem...
- [The epidemiology of toxemic infections caused by Staphylococcus aureus in an intensive care setting]S Jarraud
Centre national de référence des toxémies à staphylocoques, Laboratoire Central de Microbiologie, Hopital Edouard Herriot, 5, Place d Arsonval, 69437 Lyon, France
Ann Fr Anesth Reanim 21:370-4. 2002....
- Prevalence of agr specificity groups among Staphylococcus aureus strains colonizing children and their guardiansB Shopsin
Department of Medicine, New York University School of Medicine, New York, New York 10016, USA
J Clin Microbiol 41:456-9. 2003..aureus within families. Among healthy carriers, agr groups I to III appear to be equally fit, which may reflect selection for the coexistence of S. aureus strains in a population...