- [Type 2 diabetes and cardiovascular risk: lessons from therapeutic trials]M Lievre
Service de pharmacologie clinique Faculté de médecine Laennec 69376 Lyon
Rev Prat 51:1793-9. 2001..The absolute benefit conferred by efficient therapies is higher in diabetic patients because they are at an increased risk of events compared with their non-diabetic counterparts...
- Detection of silent myocardial ischemia in asymptomatic patients with diabetes: results of a randomized trial and meta-analysis assessing the effectiveness of systematic screeningMichel M Lièvre
Lyon 1 University, F 69003, UMR 5558, Louis Pradel Hospital, Bron F 69677 France
Trials 12:23. 2011..We sought to determine whether referring asymptomatic diabetic patients for screening of silent ischemia decreases the risk of cardiovascular events compared with usual care...
- Aspirin in the secondary prevention of cardiovascular disease: an update of the APTC meta-analysisMichel Lievre
Universite Claude Bernard Lyon 1, UMR5558, Service de Pharmacologie Clinique, Faculte de Medecine, Rue Guillaume Paradin, F 69008 Lyon, France
Fundam Clin Pharmacol 24:385-91. 2010..87, 95% CI 1.51-2.32 for all clinical conditions). This meta-analysis confirms that aspirin decreases the risk of thrombotic events in patients with confirmed disease of the coronary, cerebrovascular, or peripheral artery beds...
- Meta-analysis of 200 or 600 mg mifepristone in association with two prostaglandins for termination of early pregnancyMichel Lievre
Department of Pharmacology, Universite Lyon 1, UMR5558, Hospices Civils de Lyon, F 69003 France
Contraception 80:95-100. 2009..There is unsettled controversy about the respective efficacy and safety of 200 and 600 mg mifepristone in combination with two prostaglandins for the termination of pregnancy up to 63 days' gestation...
- Evaluation of adverse treatment effects in controlled trialsMichel Lievre
Service de Pharmacologie Clinique, Faculte de Medecine Laennec, Rue Guillaume Paradin, 69008 Lyon, France
Joint Bone Spine 73:624-6. 2006
- [Biases in clinical research]Michel Lievre
Service de Pharmacologie Clinique, Hôpitaux de Lyon, EA643, Faculte Laennec, 69376 Lyon Cedex 08
Rev Prat 53:2096-8. 2003
- The non-insulin-dependent diabetes, hypertension, microalbuminuria or proteinuria, cardiovascular events, and ramipril (DIABHYCAR) study: design, organization, and patient recruitment. DIABHYCAR Study GroupM Lievre
Department of Clinical Pharmacology, Lyon, France
Control Clin Trials 21:383-96. 2000..Follow-up is planned to end on March 31, 2001...
- Efficacy of diuretics and beta-blockers in diabetic hypertensive patients. Results from a meta-analysis. The INDANA Steering CommitteeM Lievre
Clinical Pharmacology Department, Claude Bernard University Equipe d Accueil 643, Lyon Hospitals, France
Diabetes Care 23:B65-71. 2000..To review the effectiveness of diuretic or beta-blocker-based treatment of hypertension in diabetic patients...
- Cross-sectional study of care, socio-economic status and complications in young French patients with type 1 diabetes mellitusM Lievre
Clinical Pharmacology Unit, Lyon Hospitals, Lyon, France
Diabetes Metab 31:41-6. 2005..To describe the present status of type 1 diabetes care in France and study the relations between clinical and socio-economic variables on one hand and disease management and prevalence of complications on the other hand...
- [Clinical benefits of cholesterol lowering treatments. Meta-analysis of randomized therapeutic trials]M Cucherat
Service de Pharmacologie Clinique EA 643, Hôpitaux de Lyon, Universite Lyon 1
Presse Med 29:965-76. 2000..For total mortality, the statin trials were not comparable with other treatments where there was a trend to overmortality. With the 2 statin trials, there was a nonsignificant 13% reduction in total mortality...
- In vivo measurement of myocardial oxidative metabolism and blood flow does not show changes in cancer patients undergoing doxorubicin therapyP Nony
Department of Clinical Pharmacology, Cardiovascular Hospital, Lyon, France
Cancer Chemother Pharmacol 45:375-80. 2000....