- Survey of Babesia divergens antibody kinetics in cattle in western FranceM L'hostis
Laboratoire de Parasitologie, Ecole Nationale Veterinaire de Nantes, Atlanpole La Chantrerie, France
Vet Res 28:481-8. 1997..Only three dairy cows had expressed a clinical babesiosis, these cows were already seropositive. Clinical incidence is low in the four farms, nevertheless serological prevalence and incidence are high...
- Tick-borne parasitic diseases in cattle: current knowledge and prospective risk analysis related to the ongoing evolution in French cattle farming systemsMonique L'hostis
UMR ENVN INRA 1034 Interactions Hĵte Parasite Milieu, Ecole Nationale Veterinaire de Nantes, France
Vet Res 33:599-611. 2002..This results in likely modifications of the endemic situation, with a higher risk of clinical babesiosis in the medium term...
- Babesia divergens in France: descriptive and analytical epidemiologyM L'hostis
Unité Associée, Ecole Nationale Vétérinaire de Nantes lNRA, France
Parassitologia 41:59-62. 1999....
- Isolation of Babesia divergens from carrier cattle blood using in vitro cultureLaurence Malandrin
UMR ENVN INRA 1034, Host Parasite Environment Interactions, Ecole Nationale Veterinaire de Nantes, Atlanpole La Chantrerie, BP 40706, 44307 Nantes Cedex 03, France
Vet Res 35:131-9. 2004..The in vitro isolation of B. divergens from asymptomatic carrier cattle was achieved and will allow the analysis of parasite diversity within cattle herds...
- Antibody prevalence and molecular identification of Babesia spp. In roe deer in FranceSuzanne Bastian
LUNAM Université, ONIRIS, UMR Biologie, Epidémiologie et Analyse de Risque en santé animale, Atlanpole La Chantrerie, BP 40706, Nantes F 44307, France
J Wildl Dis 48:416-24. 2012..capreoli isolates showed very variable restriction profiles, distinct from those known for Bd37 in B. divergens. Two isolates showed conflicting results, suggestive of mixed infection...
- Responses of Fasciola hepatica infected sheep to various infection levelsA Chauvin
Interactions H te Parasite Milieu UMR ENVN INRA 1034, Ecole Nationale Veterinaire, Nantes, France
Vet Res 32:87-92. 2001..hepatica infection, even when infection pressure is very low. Peripheral eosinophilia was dependent of the infection level. The immune response was similar in sheep infected with various numbers of flukes...
- IFN gamma and IL-10 production by hepatic lymph node and peripheral blood lymphocytes in Fasciola hepatica infected sheepE Moreau
Unité associée INRA ENVN Interactions Hôte Parasite Milieu, Ecole Nationale Veterinaire de Nantes
Parasite 5:307-15. 1998..During sheep fasciolosis, IFN gamma production increased only until the first two weeks post infection. IL-10 could be secreted throughout the first six weeks of infection and could inhibit monocytes from DPI 35...
- Lack of humoral and cellular responses against glutathione S-transferases in Fasciola hepatica experimentally infected sheepE Moreau
Ecole Nationale Veterinaire de Nantes, France
Vet Res 29:585-91. 1998..The anti-FhESP cellular response increased precociously and fell after the second week of infection but no cellular response against GST was observed...
- Transstadial and transovarial persistence of Babesia divergens DNA in Ixodes ricinus ticks fed on infected blood in a new skin-feeding techniqueS Bonnet
UMR ENVN INRA 1034, Ecole Nationale Veterinaire de Nantes, Interactions Hôte Parasite Milieu, Atlanpole La Chantrerie, B P 40706, 44307 Nantes Cedex 03, France
Parasitology 134:197-207. 2007..ricinus via membrane as well as in vitro transmission of B. divergens to its vector. The opportunities offered by the use of such a transmission model of a pathogen by I. ricinus are discussed...
- Sheep as a new experimental host for Babesia divergensAlain Chauvin
UMR ENVN INRA 1034, Interactions Hĵte Parasite Milieu, Ecole Nationale Veterinaire de Nantes, Atlanpole La Chantrerie, France
Vet Res 33:429-33. 2002..In vitro primary cultures were performed on two of these sheep, demonstrating the parasite persistence at very low parasitaemia in the infected animals. Splenectomized sheep can be used as a new model for B. divergens chronic infection...