- Functions of the left superior frontal gyrus in humans: a lesion studyFoucaud du Boisgueheneuc
Federation de Neurologie, Paris, France
Brain 129:3315-28. 2006..From a clinical perspective, this study provides new information on the impact of left SFG lesions on cognition that will be of use to neurologists and neurosurgeons...
- [Cognitive disorders in Parkinson's disease without dementia]Richard Levy
INSERM U 610 et Fédération de Neurologie, Hopital de la Salpetriere, Paris
Psychol Neuropsychiatr Vieil 4:S25-34. 2006..The impact of direct cortical lesions can also be discussed but it seems that these lesions mostly contribute to the cognitive deficits in the late stages of Parkinson's disease...
- Apathy and the functional anatomy of the prefrontal cortex-basal ganglia circuitsRichard Levy
Fédération de Neurologie and INSERM U610, Hopital de la Salpetriere, Paris, France
Cereb Cortex 16:916-28. 2006..In both situations (direct basal ganglia lesions and nigro-striatal dopaminergic loss), the capacity of the frontal cortex to select, initiate, maintain and shift programs of actions is impaired...
- The functional architecture of the left posterior and lateral prefrontal cortex in humansEmmanuelle Volle
Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale, U610, Paris, France
Cereb Cortex 18:2460-9. 2008....
- A novel approach to clinical-radiological correlations: Anatomo-Clinical Overlapping Maps (AnaCOM): method and validationSerge Kinkingnehun
INSERM U610, Paris, France
Neuroimage 37:1237-49. 2007..The method complements the functional imaging techniques, as it tells which regions are necessary for a given function and it explores cortical regions as well as the white matter...
- Visualization of disconnection syndromes in humansMichel Thiebaut de Schotten
Hopital de la Salpetriere, Paris, France
Cortex 44:1097-103. 2008..This method will help researchers and clinicians to identify the neural bases of cognitive abilities and the behavioral consequences of brain lesions...
- Working memory in Parkinson's disease patients: clinical features and response to levodopaRogério Beato
INSERM U610, Groupe Hospitalier de la Pitié Salpêtrière, Paris, France
Arq Neuropsiquiatr 66:147-51. 2008..To evaluate the clinical features of the working memory (WM) in Parkinson's disease (PD) patients and to test the effect of levodopa on WM...
- Can we still dream when the mind is blank? Sleep and dream mentations in auto-activation deficitSmaranda Leu-Semenescu
1 Sleep Disorders Unit, Pitie Salpetriere Hospital, AP HP, Paris 6 University, Paris, France
Brain 136:3076-84. 2013..The absence of sleep spindles in localized lesions in the basal ganglia highlights the role of the pallidum and striatum in spindling activity during non-REM sleep. ..
- Direct evidence for a parietal-frontal pathway subserving spatial awareness in humansMichel Thiebaut de Schotten
INSERM Unit 610, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Hopital de la Salpetriere, 75013 Paris, France
Science 309:2226-8. 2005..These findings suggest that parietal-frontal communication is necessary for the symmetrical processing of the visual scene...
- Similar or different? The role of the ventrolateral prefrontal cortex in similarity detectionBeatrice Garcin
CR ICM UPMC, Inserm UMR_S 975 CNRS UMR 7225, Groupe Hospitalier Pitie Salpetriere, Paris, France
PLoS ONE 7:e34164. 2012....
- Cognitive control and brain resources in major depression: an fMRI study using the n-back taskPhilippe Olivier Harvey
INSERM U610, Pitie Salpetriere Hospital, Paris, France Service de Psychiatrie d Adultes, Pitie Salpetriere Hospital, Paris, France
Neuroimage 26:860-9. 2005..Our findings suggest that depression may impair the cognitive capacity of depressed patients by recruiting more brain resources than controls during cognitive control...
- How cognitive performance-induced stress can influence right VLPFC activation: an fMRI study in healthy subjects and in patients with social phobiaLejla Koric
INSERM U610, Paris, France
Hum Brain Mapp 33:1973-86. 2012..In patients, the differential modulation between these dorsal and ventral PFC regions disappears. This absence of modulation may limit anxious patients' ability to adapt to demanding cognitive control tasks...
- Specific and evolving resting-state network alterations in post-concussion syndrome following mild traumatic brain injuryArnaud Messé
INSERM, UPMC Univ Paris 06, UMRS 678, Laboratoire d Imagerie Fonctionnelle, Paris, France
PLoS ONE 8:e65470. 2013..Our results suggest that the post-concussion syndrome is associated with specific abnormalities in functional brain network that may contribute to explain deficits typically observed in PCS patients...
- Poor creativity in frontotemporal dementia: a window into the neural bases of the creative mindLeonardo Cruz de Souza
Universite Pierre et Marie Curie Paris 6, Centre de Recherche de l Institut du Cerveau et de la Moelle Epiniere, UMR S975, Paris, France
Neuropsychologia 48:3733-42. 2010..Damage to the PFC is expected to impair creativity. Yet, previous works suggested the emergence of artistic talent in patients with frontotemporal lobar degeneration (FTLD), which was interpreted as increased creativity...
- Diagnostic procedures for Parkinson's disease dementia: recommendations from the movement disorder society task forceBruno Dubois
INSERM UPMC UMRS 610, Federation of Neurology, AP HP, Salpêtrière Hospital Université Paris6, Paris, France
Mov Disord 22:2314-24. 2007..We accept, however, that further validation of certain tests and modifications in the recommended cut off values will be required through future studies...
- Apathy following subthalamic stimulation in Parkinson disease: a dopamine responsive symptomVirginie Czernecki
Center d Investigation Clinique, Federation de Neurologie, INSERM Unit 679, Paris, France
Mov Disord 23:964-9. 2008....
- [Progressive supranuclear palsy: what's new?]Richard Levy
Service de Neurologie, Hopital Saint Antoine, AP HP Medu 975, Paris
Geriatr Psychol Neuropsychiatr Vieil 9:191-201. 2011..Moreover, several of the clinical forms of PSP partially or fully overlap with the other tauopathies. As a whole, the emergence of new clinical forms of PSP challenges the nosology of tauopathies and our understanding of these diseases...
- A randomised trial of three counselling strategies for lifestyle changes in patients with hypercholesterolemia treated with ezetimibe on top of statin therapy (TWICE)Philippe Gabriel Steg
INSERM U 698, université Paris VII Denis Diderot, Hopital Bichat Claude Bernard, AP HP, 46, rue Henri Huchard 75018 Paris, France
Arch Cardiovasc Dis 101:723-35. 2008..To compare the impact of three patient counselling strategies for lifestyle changes and to assess the safety and efficacy of ezetimibe on top of statin therapy in hypercholesterolemic high risk patients...
- Characteristics and management of outpatients with history of or current atrial fibrillation: the observational French EPHA studyAriel Cohen
Cardiology Department, Assistance publique Hôpitaux de Paris and université Pierre et Marie Curie, Saint Antoine University and Medical School, 75571 Paris Cedex 12, France
Arch Cardiovasc Dis 103:376-87. 2010..Limited French data are available for the different clinical types (paroxysmal, persistent and permanent) of atrial fibrillation and their comorbidities (AF)...
- Apathy and the basal gangliaRichard Levy
Department of Neurology and INSERM U 0 610, Hopital de la Salpetriere, Paris, France
J Neurol 253:VII54-61. 2006....
- Are Frontal Cognitive and Atrophy Patterns Different in PSP and bvFTD? A Comparative Neuropsychological and VBM StudyJulien Lagarde
Department of Neurology, AP HP, Groupe Hospitalier Pitie Salpetriere, Paris, France INSERM, UMR 975, CNRS, UMR 7225, Paris, France
PLoS ONE 8:e80353. 2013..However, executive dysfunction in these diseases may stem from partially divergent cortical and subcortical neural circuits. ..
- [The neuroanatomy of motivation in man]Richard Levy
Fédération de neurologie et Inserm U 610, Hopital de la Salpetriere, Paris
Psychol Neuropsychiatr Vieil 2:241-55. 2004....
- Distinct striatal regions support movement selection, preparation and executionEmmanuel Gerardin
Inserm U610 2Inserm U289, Hopital de la Salpetriere, Paris, France
Neuroreport 15:2327-31. 2004..These results suggest that these three aspects of movement are represented within distinct basal ganglia regions...
- TARDBP mutations in motoneuron disease with frontotemporal lobar degenerationLina Benajiba
Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale UMRS975 CRicm formerly INSERM UMR_S679, F 75013, Paris, France
Ann Neurol 65:470-3. 2009..We now describe TARDBP mutations in two patients with FTLD-MND, presenting with a behavioral variant of FTLD and semantic dementia, suggesting that TDP-43 may also have a direct pathogenic role in FTLD disorders...
- Adult-onset chorea and mitochondrial cytopathyMorgane Caer
Federation de Neurologie, Groupe Hospitalier de la Pitié Salpêtrière, Paris, France
Mov Disord 20:490-2. 2005..Although striatal vulnerability is commonly reported in patients with mitochondrial disorders, the mechanism by which the mitochondrial dysfunction leads to chorea is not known...
- Cognition, behavior and the frontal lobesBruno Dubois
Int Psychogeriatr 16:379-87. 2004
- Clinical diagnostic criteria for dementia associated with Parkinson's diseaseMurat Emre
Department of Neurology, Behavioral Neurology and Movement Disorders Unit, Istanbul Faculty of Medicine, Istanbul University, Istanbul, Turkey
Mov Disord 22:1689-707; quiz 1837. 2007..Based on the characteristic features associated with this condition, clinical diagnostic criteria for probable and possible PD-D are proposed...
- Heterotopic ossification in Guillain-Barré syndrome: incidence and effects on functional outcome with long-term follow-upGabi Zeilig
Department of Neurological Rehabilitation, Chaim Sheba Medical Center, Tel Hashomer and Sackler School of Medicine, Tel Aviv University, Ramat Aviv, Tel Aviv, Israel
Arch Phys Med Rehabil 87:92-5. 2006..To define the incidence, effects on functional abilities, and possible causation of heterotopic ossification (HO) in Guillain-Barré syndrome (GBS) patients admitted for inpatient rehabilitation...