- Postoperative intracranial thrombolysis and angioplastyO Levrier
Service de Neuroradiologie, Hopital Timone, Marseille France
Interv Neuroradiol 7:325-30. 2001..We report the case of a patient who underwent thrombolysis and angioplasty in the postoperative period to treat this complication of vasospasm...
- Efficacy and low vascular toxicity of embolization with radical versus anionic polymerization of n-butyl-2-cyanoacrylate (NBCA). An experimental study in the swineO Levrier
Laboratoire d Hémodynamique et de Mécanique Cardiovasculaire, Faculté de Médecine Marseille, Hopital de la Timone, France
J Neuroradiol 30:95-102. 2003..To compare the efficacy and vascular toxicity of embolization with radical (NBCA+metacryloxysulpholane=CS) versus conventional anionic (NBCA alone=CA) polymerization of NBCA...
- Normal galenic drainage of the deep cerebral venous system in two cases of vein of Galen aneurysmal malformationO Levrier
Service de Neuroradiologie, CHU Timone, Boulevard Jean Moulin, 13385 Marseille Cedex 5, France
Childs Nerv Syst 20:91-7; discussion 98-9. 2004..It has also been assumed that the internal cerebral veins were absent in patients presenting with VGAM. There is no clear evidence indicating, however, that the deep venous structures cannot develop normally...
- Three-dimensional rotational angiography in the assessment of the angioarchitecture of brain arteriovenous malformationsX Combaz
Universite de la Mediterranee, Hopital de la Timone, Service de Neuroradiologie Diagnostique et Interventionnelle, 264, rue Saint Pierre, 13385 Marseille Cedex 5, France
J Neuroradiol 38:167-74. 2011..For this reason, the present study aimed to assess whether or not 3D rotational angiography (3DXA) might improve the assessment of BAVM...
- Depressed skull fracture overlying the superior sagittal sinus causing benign intracranial hypertension. Description of two cases and review of the literatureS Fuentes
Service de Neurochirurgie, CHRU La Timone, 13005 Marseille, France
Br J Neurosurg 19:438-42. 2005..Based on the two cases reported, we now propose MRI venography in all patients presenting with symptoms of BIH and arteriography with retrograde venous catheterization when venous sinus stenosis exists...
- [Endoscopic treatment of a voluminous benign symptomatic cyst of the pineal region responsible for an obstructive hydrocephalus]Ph Metellus
Departement de Neurochirurgie, Hopital de la Timone, 264, rue Saint Pierre, 13385 Marseille Cedex 05
Neurochirurgie 51:173-8. 2005..Endoscopic treatment of symptomatic pineal cysts constitutes an interesting therapeutic alternative in the management of this pathology...
- Retrospective study of 77 patients harbouring lumbar synovial cysts: functional and neurological outcomeP Metellus
Neurosurgery Department, Timone Hospital, Marseille, France
Acta Neurochir (Wien) 148:47-54; discussion 54. 2006..The authors report a retrospective analysis of the clinical presentation, radiological studies and operative findings in 77 patients surgically treated for symptomatic lumbar synovial cysts at their institution...
- [Endovascular treatment of benign intracranial hypertension by stent placement in the transverse sinus. Therapeutic and pathophysiological considerations illustrated by a case report]Ph Metellus
Departement de Neurochirurgie, Hopital de la Timone, 264, rue Saint Pierre, 13385 Marseille
Neurochirurgie 51:113-20. 2005..CSF pressure on lumbar puncture was 11 mmHg. The pathophysiological aspects and therapeutic management of this pathology illustrated by this are discussed along with a careful and exhaustive review of the literature...
- [Stereotactic mapping for radiosurgical treatment of vestibular schwannomas]J Regis
Service de Neurochirurgie Fonctionnelle et Stereotaxique, Hopital d Adulte de la Timone, Marseille
Neurochirurgie 50:270-81. 2004..As an exclusively image-guided surgery method, radiosurgery requires special attention in the choice of imaging modalities and acquisition parameters must be set with extreme care...
- Schizencephaly: correlation between the lobar topography of the cleft(s) and absence of the septum pellucidumC Raybaud
Universite de la Mediterranee, Marseille, France
Childs Nerv Syst 17:217-22. 2001..Therefore, the facts confirm a segmental organization of the mantle and septal defects, suggesting a developmental rather than a destructive mechanism, which could at least be related to a segmental pattern of selective vulnerability...
- Resection of a giant intracranial dural arteriovenous fistula with the use of low-flow deep hypothermic cardiopulmonary bypass after partial embolization: technical case reportH Dufour
Department of Neurosurgery, University of Marseille, France
Neurosurgery 48:1381-5. 2001..To describe the surgical resection of a giant intracerebral arteriovenous fistula with involvement of dura mater and surrounding bone. Intraoperative bleeding was controlled by hypothermic circulatory arrest...
- Endovascular treatment of idiopathic intracranial hypertension: clinical and radiologic outcome of 10 consecutive patientsA Donnet
Neurosurgical Department, Timone Hospital, rue St Pierre, 13005 Marseille, France
Neurology 70:641-7. 2008..To explore the relation between venous disease and idiopathic intracranial hypertension...
- [Craniopharyngioma in children: MRI study of 43 cases]H Brunel
Service de Neuroradiologie, Hopital d Adultes de la Timone, 264, rue Saint Pierre, 13385 Marseille Cedex 05, France
Neurochirurgie 48:309-18. 2002..MRI improves tumor description and topographic and structural analysis of the lesion. The aim of this study is to analyze the MRI aspect of craniopharyngiomas in a pediatric population and to correlate findings with surgical data...
- [Imaging of brain tumors in children]X Combaz
Service de Neuroradiologie Diagnostique et Interventionnelle, Hopital Timone, 264, rue Saint Pierre, 13385 Marseille Cedex, France
J Neuroradiol 35:261-7. 2008..However, hemispheric cerebral tumors are not as common as in the adult population...
- [Endovascular treatment of idiopathic intracranial hypertension. Analysis of eight consecutive patients]P Metellus
Departement de Neurochirurgie, Hopital de la Timone, 264, rue Saint Pierre, 13385 Marseille Cedex 05, France
Neurochirurgie 53:10-7. 2007..Idiopathic intracranial hypertension is caused by venous sinus obstruction in an unknown percentage of cases. Recently, endoluminal venous sinus stenting was proposed as an alternative treatment...
- Developmental dyslexia: atypical cortical asymmetries and functional significanceF Robichon
LEAD CNRS ESA 5022, Universite de Bourgogne, Dijon Département de Neurologie, CHU Timone, Marseille, France
Eur J Neurol 7:35-46. 2000..Considering these results it is suggested that phonological segmentation skills may relate to frontal lobe morphology, while phonological memory-based impairment in people with dyslexia may rather relate to parietal lobe morphology...
- Embolization-driven occlusion of the abdominal aortic aneurysmal sac as the basis of prevention of endoleaks in a new swine modelP H Rolland
Laboratory of Hemodynamics and Cardiovascular Mechanics, School of Medicine, La Timone Hospital for Adults, Mediterranean See University and Department of Radiology, Marseilles, France
Eur J Vasc Endovasc Surg 31:28-35. 2006..To assess the effect of a new polymer in embolization of endoleaks using an animal model...
- Performance of long J-shaped coils in large and giant intracranial aneurysms: an in vitro studyK Tokunaga
Neuroradiology, University Hospital of Geneva, Switzerland
Neuroradiology 44:261-7. 2002..Their principle of action may promote more favourable occlusion of irregular and large aneurysms by improved conformability and stability...