Genomes and Genes
- [A brief history of treatments for childhood acute lymphoblastic leukaemia]Guy Leverger
Hématologie oncologie pédiatrique, Hopital Armand Trousseau, 26, avenue du Docteur Arnold Netter, 75012 Paris, UPMC, Paris 6, UMR 5938, France
Bull Acad Natl Med 193:1495-9; discussion 1499-500. 2009..As a result, the chance of cure increased gradually over the last three decades. In rich countries, the overall survival rate among children with acute lymphoblastic leukaemia now reaches 85 to 90%...
- Impact of age, leukocyte count and day 21-bone marrow response to chemotherapy on the long-term outcome of children with philadelphia chromosome-positive acute lymphoblastic leukemia in the pre-imatinib era: results of the FRALLE 93 studyVirginie Gandemer
Department of Pediatric Hematology, University Hospital of Rennes, Rennes, France
BMC Cancer 9:14. 2009..Here we report the long-term results of the FRALLE 93 study conducted in the era before the use of tyrosine kinase inhibitors...
- Efficacy and tolerability of gemtuzumab ozogamicin (anti-CD33 monoclonal antibody, CMA-676, Mylotarg) in children with relapsed/refractory myeloid leukemiaBenoit Brethon
Unité de Pédiatrie à Orientation Hématologique, Hopital Saint Louis, Paris, France
BMC Cancer 6:172. 2006..CD33 expression exceeded 20% in all cases...
- [Needs' assessment and resources for pediatric palliative care]G Leverger
Service d hématologie oncologie pédiatrique, Hopital d Enfants Armand Trousseau, 75012 Paris, France
Arch Pediatr 13:621-3. 2006
- [Echinocandins in children]G Leverger
Service d hématologie oncologie pédiatrique, Hopital Armand Trousseau, 26, avenue du Docteur Arnold Netter, 75012 Paris, France
Arch Pediatr 18:S33-41. 2011..Efficacy, safety, rare drugs interactions and specificity of action are advantages for therapy of invasive fungal infections. In France, micafungin and caspofungin are approved for a pediatric use...
- [Inherited thrombocytopenias]G Leverger
Service d hématologie et d oncologie pédiatrique, centre de référence des pathologies plaquettaires CRPP, Hopital Armand Trousseau, UMR S938, Universite Pierre et Marie Curie Paris 6, 75012 Paris, France
Arch Pediatr 17:1185-91. 2010..This paper describes the clinical and biological data, and current knowledge of the molecular findings of inherited thrombocytopenia, allowing a diagnostic approach to these diseases...
- Impact of genotype on survival of children with T-cell acute lymphoblastic leukemia treated according to the French protocol FRALLE-93: the effect of TLX3/HOX11L2 gene expression on outcomePaola Ballerini
Laboratoire d Hematologie, Hopital A Trousseau, INSERM E0210
Haematologica 93:1658-65. 2008..Likewise, the frequency and the prognostic significance in pediatric T-cell acute lymphoblastic leukemia of the newly characterized NUP214-ABL1 fusion transcript is not yet clear...
- [New insights into acute lymphoblastic leukemia]Judith Landman-Parker
Hématologie et Oncologie Pédiatrique, Hopital Armand Trousseau, 26 avenue du Dr A Netter, 75571 Paris Cedex 12
Bull Acad Natl Med 193:1501-7. 2009..These advances point to new ways of targeting leukemic cells...
- [Towards cure for all children with acute lymphoblastic leukemia?]Andre Baruchel
Hématologie Pédiatrique, Hopital Robert Debre, 48 Bld Serurier, 75019 Paris
Bull Acad Natl Med 193:1509-17. 2009..The current aims are to de-escalate treatment for better-defined low-risk groups, and to develop the use of new drugs and targeted therapies for high-risk groups, based on genome-wide analysis of the patient and the leukemic cell...
- [Paediatric specificity of antifungals use]Marie Dominique Tabone
Service d hémato oncologie pédiatrique, Hopital Trousseau, Paris, France
Therapie 61:243-8. 2006..Relative interest and cost of available forms in the paediatric population in not always taken into account. For each different situation, an optimal strategy of antifungals use in children should be determined...
- Pearson syndrome in the neonatal period: two case reports and review of the literatureElena Maria Manea
AP HP, Hopital Armand Trousseau, Department of Pediatric Hematology Oncology and Université Pierre et Marie Curie, Paris, France
J Pediatr Hematol Oncol 31:947-51. 2009..This article describes 2 cases with a severe neonatal onset of the disease. A review of the literature reveals the atypical presentation of the disease in the neonatal period, which is often overlooked and underdiagnosed...
- Rituximab therapy for childhood Evans syndromeBrigitte Bader-Meunier
Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Service d hématologie oncologie pédiatrique, Hopital Robert Debre, Paris, France
Haematologica 92:1691-4. 2007..4 years (range 0.5-7 years). Steroid therapy was stopped or tapered at 50-100% of the baseline dosage in all long-term responders. Moderate side effects and infection occurred only in 4 and 1 children respectively...
- [Outcome of children cured of acute lymphoblastic leukemia]Marie Dominique Tabone
Hémato Oncologie Pédiatrique, Hopital Armand Trousseau, 26 avenue du Dr A Netter, 75012 Paris
Bull Acad Natl Med 193:1519-28. 2009..Secondary neoplasms are rare, but some are related to previous treatments. Currently, post-cure quality of life is a major concern when choosing the treatment strategy...
- Cohort Profile: The French Childhood Cancer Survivor Study For Leukaemia (LEA Cohort)Julie Berbis
EA3279, Self perceived Health Assessment Research Unit, School of Medicine, Aix Marseilles University, Marseilles 13385, France, Department of Paediatric Onco haematology, APHM, La Timone Hospital, Marseilles, France, Department of Paediatric Onco haematology, APHP, Saint Louis Hospital, Paris, France, Department of Paediatric Onco haematology, APHP, Robert Debre Hospital, Paris, France, Department of Paediatric Onco haematology, HCL, Lyon, France, Department of Paediatric Onco haematology, University Hospital of Nancy, Nancy, France, CHU Clermont Ferrand, Department of Paediatric Onco haematology, CIC Inserm 501, Clermont Ferrand, France, Department of Paediatric Onco haematology, APHP, GHUEP, Armand Trousseau Hospital, Paris 75012, France, Department of Paediatric Onco haematology, University Hospital of Grenoble, Grenoble, France, Department of Paediatric Onco haematology
Int J Epidemiol 44:49-57. 2015..The cohort has already included 2385 survivors, with rate of exhaustiveness of almost 80%. Data access can be requested from principal coordinators and must be approved by the steering committee. ..