Genomes and Genes
- Seropositivity to herpes simplex virus antibodies and risk of Alzheimer's disease: a population-based cohort studyLuc Letenneur
INSERM, U897, Bordeaux, France
PLoS ONE 3:e3637. 2008....
- The 9 year cognitive decline before dementia of the Alzheimer type: a prospective population-based studyHelene Amieva
INSERM Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale Unit 593, Bordeaux, France
Brain 128:1093-101. 2005....
- Low plasma eicosapentaenoic acid and depressive symptomatology are independent predictors of dementia riskCecilia Samieri
INSERM, U897, Equipe Epidémiologie de Nutrition et des Comportements Alimentaires, Bordeaux, France
Am J Clin Nutr 88:714-21. 2008..Plasma n-3 PUFAs have been shown to be inversely related to the risk of dementia and to depression, which is frequently associated with dementia...
- Dementia in subjects aged 75 years or over within the PAQUID cohort: prevalence and burden by severityCatherine Helmer
INSERM U 593 Université de Bordeaux 2, Bordeaux, France
Dement Geriatr Cogn Disord 22:87-94. 2006..To analyze the prevalence of dementia by severity and to describe the sociodemographic characteristics of people with dementia in the community, as well as the consequences of this disease in terms of disability and institutionalization...
- Dietary patterns derived by hybrid clustering method in older people: association with cognition, mood, and self-rated healthCecilia Samieri
INSERM, U897, University Victor Segalen Bordeaux 2, Case 11, 146 rue Leo Saignat, F 33076 Bordeaux cedex, France
J Am Diet Assoc 108:1461-71. 2008..Dietary patterns that represent a combination of foods may better predict disease risk than single foods or nutrients...
- Cube drawing performances in normal ageing and Alzheimer's disease: data from the PAQUID elderly population-based cohortYann Gaestel
INSERM U 593, University Victor Segalen Bordeaux 2, Bordeaux, France
Dement Geriatr Cogn Disord 21:22-32. 2006..7% did not benefit from the presentation of the model. Analysis showed that persistent failure in the copy condition was the best level of differentiation between normal and AD subjects...
- Plasma eicosapentaenoic acid is inversely associated with severity of depressive symptomatology in the elderly: data from the Bordeaux sample of the Three-City StudyCatherine Feart
INSERM U593, Equipe Epidémiologie de la Nutrition et des Comportements Alimentaires, Bordeaux, France
Am J Clin Nutr 87:1156-62. 2008..Depressive symptoms are commonly observed in elderly people, and nutritional factors such as polyunsaturated fatty acids (PUFAs) have been proposed as potential protective determinants of depressive disorders...
- Clustering and switching processes in semantic verbal fluency in the course of Alzheimer's disease subjects: results from the PAQUID longitudinal studyNadine Raoux
INSERM, U897, Bordeaux Cedex, France University Victor Segalen Bordeaux 2, Bordeaux Cedex, France
Cortex 44:1188-96. 2008..Therefore the results support the hypothesis that impaired shifting abilities - rather than semantic memory storage degradation - could explain the early decline in semantic fluency performance occurring in the predementia phase of AD...
- Influence of education on the pattern of cognitive deterioration in AD patients: the cognitive reserve hypothesisNicolas Le Carret
INSERM U 593, Universite Victor Segalen, Bordeaux, France
Brain Cogn 57:120-6. 2005..In this latter case, high-educated patients may still benefit from cognitive reserve after the diagnosis of the dementia...
- Annual rate and predictors of conversion to dementia in subjects presenting mild cognitive impairment criteria defined according to a population-based studyHelene Amieva
INSERM Unit 593, Universite Victor Segalen, Bordeaux, France
Dement Geriatr Cogn Disord 18:87-93. 2004..Among the variables considered, the Letter Cancellation Test proved to be a major predictor of short-term conversion to dementia...
- Does Helicobacter pylori infection increase incidence of dementia? The Personnes Agées QUID StudyClaire Roubaud Baudron
INSERM, U853, F 33000, Bordeaux, France
J Am Geriatr Soc 61:74-8. 2013..To determine whether Helicobacter pylori infection was associated with dementia and risk of developing dementia in a longitudinal population-based cohort of elderly adults living in the community...
- Adherence to a Mediterranean diet and onset of disability in older personsCatherine Feart
Equipe Epidémiologie de la Nutrition et des Comportements Alimentaires, INSERM, U897, Université Bordeaux Segalen, ISPED Case 11, 146 rue Leo Saignat, 33076, Bordeaux Cedex, France
Eur J Epidemiol 26:747-56. 2011..In addition to its well-documented beneficial effects on health, adherence to a Mediterranean-type diet could contribute to slow down the disablement process in women...
- Pattern mixture models and latent class models for the analysis of multivariate longitudinal data with informative dropoutsEtienne Dantan
INSERM, U897, Center of Epidemiology and Biostatistics of Bordeaux
Int J Biostat 4:Article 14. 2008..We suggest several complementary analyses to investigate the characteristics of latent classes in order to understand the meaning of the parameters when using LCM to deal with informative dropout...
- High concentrations of plasma n3 fatty acids are associated with decreased risk for late age-related macular degenerationBénédicte M J Merle
INSERM, ISPED, Centre INSERM U897 Epidemiologie Biostatistique, Bordeaux, France
J Nutr 143:505-11. 2013....
- Cognitive slowing and learning of target detection skills in pre-demented subjectsHelene Amieva
INSERM U593, Universite de Bordeaux II, Bordeaux, France
Brain Cogn 54:212-4. 2004..Additionally, the two groups significantly improved their time performances all along the test suggesting that both groups including the pre-demented group were able to progressively acquire a target detection skill...
- Association between IgM anti-herpes simplex virus and plasma amyloid-beta levelsCatherine Feart
INSERM, U897, Bordeaux, France
PLoS ONE 6:e29480. 2011..The aim of our study was to investigate the association between anti-HSV antibodies and plasma Aβ levels...
- Effects of exposure of the ear to GSM microwaves: in vivo and in vitro experimental studiesJean Marie Aran
Inserm 99 27 Cellular and Molecular Biology of Hearing, Pellegrin Hospital and University, Victor Segalen Bordeaux 2, Bordeaux, France
Int J Audiol 43:545-54. 2004..These results provided no evidence that microwave radiation, at the levels produced by mobile phones, caused damage to the inner ear or the auditory pathways in our experimental animals...
- Alcohol and tobacco consumption as risk factors of dementia: a review of epidemiological studiesLuc Letenneur
INSERM U 593, Case 11, Universite Victor Segalen Bordeaux 2, 146, rue Leo Saignat, 33076 Bordeaux Cedex, France
Biomed Pharmacother 58:95-9. 2004..These results suggest that tobacco consumption is not associated with a lower risk of dementia and that moderate alcohol intake does not increase the risk of developing dementia...
- Single polymorphism nucleotide rs1333049 on chromosome 9p21 is associated with carotid plaques but not with common carotid intima-media thickness in older adults. A combined analysis of the Three-City and the EVA studiesMatthieu Plichart
INSERM, U970, Paris Cardiovascular Research Centre, PARCC, University Paris Descartes, Sorbonne Paris Cité, UMR S970, Paris, France
Atherosclerosis 222:187-90. 2012....
- Benzodiazepines and injurious falls in community dwelling eldersAntoine Pariente
Institut National de la Santé et la Recherche Médicale INSERM, U657, Bordeaux, France
Drugs Aging 25:61-70. 2008..Benzodiazepines are frequently used medications in the elderly, in whom they are associated with an increased risk of falling, with sometimes dire consequences...
- A genome-wide search for common SNP x SNP interactions on the risk of venous thrombosisNicolas Greliche
INSERM, UMR_S 937 Institute of Cardiometabolism And Nutrition ICAN, Universite Pierre et Marie Curie Paris 6, Paris F 75013, France
BMC Med Genet 14:36. 2013..This study was aimed to investigate whether pair-wise interactions between common single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) could exist and modulate the risk of VT...
- Neurodegenerative diseases and exposure to pesticides in the elderlyIsabelle Baldi
Laboratoire Santé Travail Environnement, Institut de Santé Publique d Epidémiologie et de Développement, Universite Victor Segalen Bordeaux 2, Bordeaux, France
Am J Epidemiol 157:409-14. 2003..These results suggest the presence of neurologic impairments in elderly persons who were exposed occupationally to pesticides...
- Influence of education on the benton visual retention test performance as mediated by a strategic search componentNicolas Le Carret
INSERM U 330, Universite Victor Segalen, Bordeaux, France
Brain Cogn 53:408-11. 2003..The ability of high educational level subjects to use more efficient strategies may participate to the 'cognitive reserve' capacity...