Francois Xavier Lescure
- community-acquired infection with healthcare-associated methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus: the role of home nursing careFrancois Xavier Lescure
Department of Tropical and Infectious Diseases, Hospital and University Centre, Paris, France
Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol 27:1213-8. 2006..To better understand the role of indirect transmission in community-acquired infection with methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA)...
- Chagas disease, FranceFrancois Xavier Lescure
Hopital Tenon AP HP, Paris, France
Emerg Infect Dis 14:644-6. 2008..CD is sometimes seen in the United States and Canada among migrants from Latin America, whereas it is rare in Europe. We report 9 cases of imported CD in France from 2004 to 2006...
- Chagas disease: changes in knowledge and managementFrancois Xavier Lescure
APHP Hôpital Tenon, Universite Pierre et Marie Curie, Paris, France
Lancet Infect Dis 10:556-70. 2010..Mobilisation of financial resources to fund research on diagnosis and randomised controlled trials of treatment are international health priorities...
- Factors predictive of virological failure on atazanavir in 310 HIV-infected patientsFrancois Xavier Lescure
Service de Maladies Infectieuses et Tropicales, APHP Hôpital Tenon and Université Pierre et Marie Curie, France Paris, France
AIDS 24:1593-5. 2010....
- [Experience of targeted screening of Chagas disease in Ile-de-France]F X Lescure
Service de Maladies Infectieuses et Tropicales, AP HP, Hopital Tenon, 4, rue de la Chine, F 75020 Paris, France
Bull Soc Pathol Exot 102:295-9. 2009..These results also demonstrate continuing difficulties in the interpretation of serological results and the usefulness of PCR, which might increase sensitivity substantially...
- Tubulointerstitial nephropathies in HIV-infected patients over the past 15 years: a clinico-pathological studyMohamad Zaidan
Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Department of Nephrology and Dialysis, Tenon Hospital, Paris, France
Clin J Am Soc Nephrol 8:930-8. 2013..This study analyzed the characteristics of HIV-infected patients and biopsy-proven tubulointerstitial nephropathies to define disease patterns and therapeutic implications...
- Encephalitis with infiltration by CD8+ lymphocytes in HIV patients receiving combination antiretroviral treatmentFranÃ§oise Gray
Service Central d Anatomie et de Cytologie Pathologiques, AP HP, HÃ´pital LariboisiÃ¨re UniversitÃ© Paris 7, Paris, France
Brain Pathol 23:525-33. 2013..CD8 cytotoxicity produces an acutization of a smoldering infection and/or an immunopathological reaction similar to ADEM. ..
- CD8 encephalitis in HIV-infected patients receiving cART: a treatable entityFrancois Xavier Lescure
Service des Maladies Infectieuses et Tropicales, AP HP, Hopital Tenon, Paris, France
Clin Infect Dis 57:101-8. 2013..New acute and chronic neurological complications continue to be reported...
- Discordance between cerebral spinal fluid and plasma HIV replication in patients with neurological symptoms who are receiving suppressive antiretroviral therapyAna Canestri
Hopital Pitie Salpetriere, Paris, France
Clin Infect Dis 50:773-8. 2010..We report data on 11 patients with neurological symptoms and human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) cerebrospinal fluid (CSF) viremia contrasting with suppressed plasma HIV RNA during receipt of combined antiretroviral therapy...
- Update in treatment of Chagas diseaseGuillaume Le Loup
Service des Maladies Infectieuse et Tropicales, Hôpitaux Universitaires Paris Est Tenon, AP HP, Universite Pierre et Marie Curie, Paris, France
Curr Opin Infect Dis 24:428-34. 2011..This review discusses the recent data about the pathogenesis of Chagas disease, tolerance of drugs, and follow-up of patients impacting the treatment of Chagas disease in immunocompetent and immunocompromised patients...
- [Chagas disease: clinical aspects and treatment in non-endemic countries]Guillaume Le Loup
Clinique du voyage et des maladies d importation, Service des Maladies Infectieuses et Tropicales, Hopital Tenon, AP HP, F 75020 Paris, France
Presse Med 38:1654-66. 2009..Treatment must be considered on an individual basis in patients older than 50 years. The frequency and seriousness of potential adverse events due to treatment require careful monitoring of the patient throughout treatment...
- Comparison of elastography, serum marker scores, and histology for the assessment of liver fibrosis in hepatitis B virus (HBV)-infected patients in Burkina FasoPhilippe Bonnard
Maladies Infectieuses, Hopital Tenon, UPMC Univ Paris 06, UPMC Paris Liver Center, Paris, France
Am J Trop Med Hyg 82:454-8. 2010..This study shows that the results of alternative methods concord with those of histology in HBV-infected patients in Burkina Faso. These alternative techniques could help physicians to identify patients requiring treatment...
- HIV-associated kidney glomerular diseases: changes with time and HAARTFrancois Xavier Lescure
Department of Infectious and Tropical Diseases, Tenon Hospital, AP HP, Paris, France
Nephrol Dial Transplant 27:2349-55. 2012..Our objective was to assess the change in distribution of the glomerular diseases in HIV patients...
- Serologic response to hepatitis B vaccination in HIV-Infected patients with isolated positivity for antibodies to hepatitis B core antigenCatherine Chakvetadze
Service des Maladies Infectieuses et Tropicales, Hopital Tenon, 75 970 Paris, France
Clin Infect Dis 50:1184-6. 2010..No baseline factors were found to be predictive of an anamnestic response, which occurred in 32.5% of the patients. The overall response rate among patients without an anamnestic response was 74.0% after 3-6 vaccine doses...
- Voriconazole for invasive bone aspergillosis: a worldwide experience of 20 casesHouria Mouas
Service des Maladies Infectieuses et Tropicales, Hopital Necker, Paris, France
Clin Infect Dis 40:1141-7. 2005..BACKGROUND; Bone aspergillosis remains a rare but potentially devastating fungal disease. Although voriconazole is effective for invasive pulmonary aspergillosis, evidence of its efficacy for aspergillosis located in bone is limited...