- Activity of fosfomycin alone or combined with cefoxitin in vitro and in vivo in a murine model of urinary tract infection due to Escherichia coli harbouring CTX-M-15-type extended-spectrum β-lactamaseAgnes Lefort
EA3964, Faculte de Medecine Xavier Bichat, Universite Paris Diderot, Paris, France Electronic address
Int J Antimicrob Agents 43:366-9. 2014..In vivo, the combination conferred an advantage in terms of kidney sterilisation of mice infected with either strain compared with fosfomycin monotherapy. ..
- [Why should antibiotic therapy be avoided in case of acute infectious diarrhea?]Agnes Lefort
AP HP, Universite Paris Diderot, Faculté Bichat, Hopital Beaujon, Service de Medecine Interne, EA3964, 75870 Paris Cedex 18, France
Presse Med 42:82-3. 2013..Antibiotic prescriptions may thus be limited to patients with entero-invasive or severe choleriform diarrhea...
- Host factors and portal of entry outweigh bacterial determinants to predict the severity of Escherichia coli bacteremiaAgnes Lefort
AP HP, Hopital Beaujon, Service de Medecine Interne, 92110 Clichy Cedex, France
J Clin Microbiol 49:777-83. 2011..46 [95% CI, 0.30 to 0.70] and OR = 0.53 [95% CI, 0.30 to 0.91], respectively). In summary, host factors and the portal of entry outweigh bacterial determinants for predicting E. coli bacteremia severity...
- Influence of reduced susceptibility to glycopeptides on activities of vancomycin and teicoplanin against Staphylococcus aureus in experimental endocarditisJuliette Pavie
INSERM EMI U 9933, Faculte de Medecine Xavier Bichat, 75018 Paris, France
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 47:2018-21. 2003..While vancomycin was similarly active against both strains, teicoplanin was approximately 100-fold less active against the resistant strain and selected for the emergence of more resistant subpopulations...
- Influence of VanD type resistance on activities of glycopeptides in vitro and in experimental endocarditis due to Enterococcus faeciumAgnes Lefort
Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale, EMI U 9933, Hôpital Bichat Claude Bernard Unité des Agents Antibactériens, Institut Pasteur, Paris, France
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 47:3515-8. 2003..These results suggest that detection of VanD type resistance is of major importance because it abolishes in vivo glycopeptide activity and allows the emergence of mutants highly resistant to glycopeptides...
- Do case vignettes accurately reflect antibiotic prescription?Jean Christophe Lucet
Infection Control Unit, Bichat Claude Bernard Hospital, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Paris, and Université Paris Diderot, Sorbonne Paris Cité, France
Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol 32:1003-9. 2011..Antibiotic prescription is frequently inappropriate in hospitals. Our objective was to evaluate whether the quality of antibiotic prescription could be measured using case vignettes to assess physicians' knowledge...
- Complexity of Escherichia coli bacteremia pathophysiology evidenced by comparison of isolates from blood and portal of entry within single patientsOlivier Clermont
UMR S 722, INSERM and Université Paris Diderot, Sorbonne Paris Cité, Paris, France
Int J Med Microbiol 303:529-32. 2013..8%) (p=0.09). These data highlight the complexity of pathophysiology of E. coli bacteremia and should be taken into consideration when strain antibiotic susceptibility is tested, especially in bacteremia of pus origin. ..
- The in vitro contribution of autolysins to bacterial killing elicited by amoxicillin increases with inoculum size in Enterococcus faecalisVincent Dubée
EA3964, Universite Paris Diderot, Faculte de Medecine, Paris, France
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 55:910-2. 2011..We have assessed the contribution of the second mechanism by using an autolysin-deficient mutant of Enterococcus faecalis and shown that it contributes to amoxicillin-induced cell lysis only at a high bacterial density...
- Efficacies of quinupristin-dalfopristin combined with vancomycin in vitro and in experimental endocarditis due to methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus in relation to cross-resistance to macrolides, lincosamides, and streptogramin B- type antibioticJuliette Pavie
Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale EMI 9933, Faculte de Medecine Xavier Bichat, Paris
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 46:3061-4. 2002....
- Activity and diffusion of tigecycline (GAR-936) in experimental enterococcal endocarditisAgnes Lefort
Hopital Bichat, Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale, EMI U 9933, Paris, France
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 47:216-22. 2003..d. regimen in rabbits...
- Expression of glycopeptide-resistance gene in response to vancomycin and teicoplanin in the cardiac vegetations of rabbits infected with VanB-type Enterococcus faecalisAgnes Lefort
Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale, Equipe Mixté INSERM Université 9933, Paris, France
J Infect Dis 189:90-7. 2004..Teicoplanin-resistant mutants were detected as fluorescent bacteria in rabbits treated with teicoplanin. Thus, the reporter system monitored expression of a glycopeptide-resistance gene in vivo at a single-cell level...
- Cefoxitin as an alternative to carbapenems in a murine model of urinary tract infection due to Escherichia coli harboring CTX-M-15-type extended-spectrum β-lactamaseRaphaël Lepeule
Universite Paris Diderot, Paris, France
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 56:1376-81. 2012..In conclusion, FOX appears to be an effective therapeutic alternative to carbapenems for the treatment of UTIs due to CTX-M-producing E. coli...
- Escherichia coli bacteremia in children: age and portal of entry are the main predictors of severityCharles Burdet
From the AP HP, Hopital Bichat, Service de Biostatistiques IAME, UMR 1137, INSERM, Univ Paris Diderot, Sorbonne Paris Cité EA 3105, Univ Paris Diderot, Sorbonne Paris Cité AP HP, Hopital Robert Debre, Laboratoire de Microbiologie AP HP, Hopital Robert Debre, Service de Neonatologie, Paris and AP HP, Hopital Beaujon, Service de Medecine Interne, Clichy, France
Pediatr Infect Dis J 33:872-9. 2014..Escherichia coli bacteremia is a major cause of severe sepsis in children. Little is known about predictors of severity...
- Flow cytometry as a tool to determine the effects of cell wall-active antibiotics on vancomycin-susceptible and -resistant Enterococcus faecalis strainsFrançoise Chau
EA3964, Faculte de Medecine Xavier Bichat, Universite Paris 7, Paris, France
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 55:395-8. 2011..Daptomycin exerted the most pronounced effects on bacterial size and bacterial permeability against susceptible and resistant strains...
- Safety and immunogenicity of 4 intramuscular double doses and 4 intradermal low doses vs standard hepatitis B vaccine regimen in adults with HIV-1: a randomized controlled trialOdile Launay
Paris Descartes University, France
JAMA 305:1432-40. 2011..Alternative schedules more immunogenic than the standard hepatitis B vaccine regimen are needed in patients with human immunodeficiency virus 1 (HIV-1) infection...
- Technetium 99m-labeled annexin V scintigraphy of platelet activation in vegetations of experimental endocarditisFrancois Rouzet
AP HP, Groupe Hospitalier Bichat Claude Bernard, Service de mÃ©decine nuclÃ©aire, Paris, France
Circulation 117:781-9. 2008..This ability was assessed in rabbits and rats because of the different interest of these 2 species in preclinical analysis...
- Bacteraemia caused by third-generation cephalosporin-resistant Escherichia coli in France: prevalence, molecular epidemiology and clinical featuresA Courpon-Claudinon
AP HP, Hopital Louis Mourier, Service de Microbiologie Hygiène, Colombes, France
Clin Microbiol Infect 17:557-65. 2011..The fact that the molecular support of 3GC resistance is mainly plasmid-mediated represents a potentially epidemic threat...
- Contribution of the autolysin AtlA to the bactericidal activity of amoxicillin against Enterococcus faecalis JH2-2Anne Lise Bravetti
Faculte de Medecine Xavier Bichat, Universite Paris 7, Paris, France
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 53:1667-9. 2009..Comparison of the two strains indicated that this autolysin contributes to killing by amoxicillin both in vitro and in a rabbit model of experimental endocarditis...
- Antibiotic use: knowledge and perceptions in two university hospitalsJean Christophe Lucet
Infection Control Unit, Bichat Claude Bernard Hospital, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, and Denis Diderot University, Paris, France
J Antimicrob Chemother 66:936-40. 2011..To investigate knowledge and perceptions about antibiotic prescription in two university hospitals...