- Differences in the volatile compositions of French labeled brandies (Armagnac, Calvados, Cognac, and Mirabelle) using GC-MS and PLS-DAJerome Ledauphin
Equipe de Recherche en Physico Chimie et Biotechnologies ERPCB EA3914, IUT UFR Sciences, Universite de Caen Basse Normandie, 14032 Caen Cedex, France
J Agric Food Chem 58:7782-93. 2010..These two brandies presented rather high distributions of isobutanol and isopentanols, whereas Mirabelle and Calvados compositions offer more concentrated aliphatic linear alcohols...
- Chemical and sensorial aroma characterization of freshly distilled Calvados. 2. Identification of volatile compounds and key odorantsJerome Ledauphin
Equipe de Recherche en Physico Chimie et Biotechnologies, IUT UFR Sciences, 6, Boulevard du Marechal Juin, F 14032 Caen Cedex, France, and Adria Normandie, Boulevard du 13 Juin 1944, BP2, F 14310 Villers Bocage, France
J Agric Food Chem 51:433-42. 2003..However, the overall aroma of Calvados seems likely to be a subtle balance of various functionalized compounds...
- Identification of trace volatile compounds in freshly distilled Calvados and Cognac using preparative separations coupled with gas chromatography-mass spectrometryJerome Ledauphin
ERPCB, IUT UFR Sciences, 6 boulevard du Marechal Juin, F 14032 Caen, France
J Agric Food Chem 52:5124-34. 2004....
- Gas chromatographic quantification of aliphatic aldehydes in freshly distilled Calvados and Cognac using 3-methylbenzothiazolin-2-one hydrazone as derivative agentJerome Ledauphin
ERPCB, EA 3914, IUT UFR Sciences, Universite de Caen, Basse Normandie, 6, Bd du Maréchal Juin, F 14032 Caen Cedex, France
J Chromatogr A 1115:225-32. 2006..3-Methylbutanal and hexanal, due to their low detection thresholds, could be important olfactive markers of these two products. Less than 1h30 is required to quantify the nine studied aliphatic aldehydes in freshly distilled spirits...
- Implications of Lactobacillus collinoides and Brettanomyces/Dekkera anomala in phenolic off-flavour defects of cidersNicolas Buron
Adria Normandie, Boulevard du 13 Juin 1944, 14310 Villers Bocage, France
Int J Food Microbiol 153:159-65. 2012..Finally, detection thresholds of the main ethylphenols were determined in ciders by orthonasal and retronasal sampling. The 4-EC and 4-EP detection thresholds (close to 20-25mg/l and 1.5-2.0mg/l, respectively) were matrix dependant...