- Is amisulpride an 'atypical' atypical antipsychotic agent?Y Lecrubier
INSERM Unité 302, H pital La Salpêtrière, Paris, France
Int Clin Psychopharmacol 15:S21-6. 2000..Amisulpride is therefore indeed an 'atypical atypical'--a flexible antipsychotic the use of which can be tailored to the changing needs of the patient. It is thus a suitable first-line choice for the treatment of schizophrenia...
- Auditory hallucinations in pre-pubertal children. A one-year follow-up, preliminary findingsFlorence L Askenazy
Service Universitaire de Psychiatrie de l Enfant et de l Adolescent Fondation LENVAL, 57 avenue de la Californie, 06200 Nice, France
Eur Child Adolesc Psychiatry 16:411-5. 2007..The aims of this study were to describe the phenomenology of auditory hallucinations in children, to establish links with DSM IV diagnoses and to explore development of the hallucinations over a 12-month period...
- Qualitative changes in symptomatology as an effect of treatment with escitalopram in generalized anxiety disorder and major depressive disorderYves Lecrubier
INSERM, Hopital de la Salpetriere, Paris, France
Eur Arch Psychiatry Clin Neurosci 258:171-8. 2008..Anxiety symptoms are very common in patients with MDD or GAD, and the symptomatic pattern is similar. In both disorders, the symptomatic pattern of residual symptoms is similar to the pattern of symptoms before treatment...
- Recognizing and effectively treating depressionYves Lecrubier
French National Institute of Health and Medical Research, Hopital Pitie Salpetriere, Paris, France
CNS Spectr 13:5-9. 2008....
- Widespread underrecognition and undertreatment of anxiety and mood disorders: results from 3 European studiesYves Lecrubier
Hopital La Salpetriere, INSERM, Paris, France
J Clin Psychiatry 68:36-41. 2007..The willingness to prescribe antidepressants and anxiolytic agents is influenced, in part, by diagnosis, patient age and gender, comorbidity (and severity), and the number of spontaneous psychological complaints...
- The Ham D(6) is more homogenous and as sensitive as the Ham D(17)Y Lecrubier
INSERM U 302, Bâtiment de la Force Pavillon Clérambault, Hopital de la Salpetriere, 47 Boulevard de l Hopital, 75013 Paris, France
Eur Psychiatry 22:252-5. 2007..t. comparing an hypericum extract (W55570) to placebo in depressed patients we explored whether the Ham D(6) was unidimentional and in case of a positive answer whether the total score was as sensitive as the total score of the Ham D(17)...
- Posttraumatic stress disorder in primary care: a hidden diagnosisYves Lecrubier
Hopital La Salpetriere, INSERM, Paris, France
J Clin Psychiatry 65:49-54. 2004....
- False beliefs: the current treatment of patients with depressionYves Lecrubier
, , , 75651 Paris Cedex 13, France
Curr Psychiatry Rep 5:419-22. 2003
- Physician observations and perceptions of positive and negative symptoms of schizophrenia: a multinational, cross-sectional surveyYves Lecrubier
Unité INSERM 302, Pavillon Clerambault, Hopital Pitie Salpetriere, 47 Boulevard de l Hopital, F 75013 Paris, France
Eur Psychiatry 22:371-9. 2007..To describe physicians' observations and perceptions of patients with schizophrenia and to obtain information about antipsychotic prescribing practices...
- Refinement of diagnosis and disease classification in psychiatryYves Lecrubier
INSERM U 302, Hopital de la Pitie Salpetriere, Paris, France
Eur Arch Psychiatry Clin Neurosci 258:6-11. 2008....
- Efficacy of St. John's wort extract WS 5570 in major depression: a double-blind, placebo-controlled trialY Lecrubier
Unité Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale 302, Hopital Pitie Salpetriere, Paris, France
Am J Psychiatry 159:1361-6. 2002..In a double-blind, randomized, placebo-controlled trial with 375 patients the authors investigated the antidepressant efficacy and safety of 300 mg t.i.d. of hydroalcoholic Hypericum perforatum extract WS 5570...
- The influence of comorbidity on the prevalence of suicidal behaviourY Lecrubier
Hopital de la Salpetriere, Pavillon Clerambault, 47, Boulevard de l Hopital, 75651 Paris Cedex 13, France
Eur Psychiatry 16:395-9. 2001..The number of associated disorders linearly increases the probability of attempting suicide and is the only significant predictor for lethality. A proper treatment of mental disorders could substantially lower suicidality...
- Consensus on the Practical Use of Amisulpride, an Atypical Antipsychotic, in the Treatment of SchizophreniaY Lecrubier
INSERM Unité 302, Hopital de la Salpetriere, Paris, France
Neuropsychobiology 44:41-6. 2001..The French experience emphasizes the central role of amisulpride as a first-line treatment of schizophrenia...
- The treatment of negative symptoms and deficit states of chronic schizophrenia: olanzapine compared to amisulpride and placebo in a 6-month double-blind controlled clinical trialY Lecrubier
Pitié Salpétrière U 302 Hospital, Paris Cedex, France
Acta Psychiatr Scand 114:319-27. 2006..The aim of the study was to evaluate the efficacy of olanzapine (5 and 20 mg/day) over a 6-month period in chronic schizophrenic patients experiencing predominantly negative symptoms...
- The relevance of recurrent brief depression in primary care. A report from the WHO project on Psychological Problems in General Health Care conducted in 14 countriesE Weiller
INSERM U302, , Paris, France
Eur Arch Psychiatry Clin Neurosci 244:182-9. 1994..Our results confirm the relevance of the concept of RBD in primary care, and the need to further explore the pertinence of the restrictive recurrence criterion proposed by Angst...
- Prescribing patterns for depression and anxiety worldwideY Lecrubier
, INSERM, , Paris, France
J Clin Psychiatry 62:31-6; discussion 37-8. 2001..Patterns observed in Western societies are compared with those seen in the rest of the world and are discussed with a view to educational needs for primary care physicians...
- The burden of depression and anxiety in general medicineY Lecrubier
INSERM, , , Paris, France
J Clin Psychiatry 62:4-9; discussion 10-1. 2001..Recognition and treatment, however, relieve the burden imposed by untreated depression on the individual, society, and health services...
- Prevalence of recurrent brief depression in primary careE Weiller
INSERM U302, , Paris, France
Eur Arch Psychiatry Clin Neurosci 244:174-81. 1994..Our results are in favor of the existence of RBD as a separate and original nosological entity...
- Physical components of depression and psychomotor retardationYves Lecrubier
, INSERM, Paris, France
J Clin Psychiatry 67:23-6. 2006..In addition, data have indicated significantly improved psychomotor retardation in patients with depression after 3 months of treatment...
- Quality of life in patients with bipolar I depression: data from 920 patientsLakshmi N Yatham
The University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC, Canada
Bipolar Disord 6:379-85. 2004..To determine the impact of acute depression on quality of life (QOL) in patients with bipolar I disorder and to compare these results with published data on QOL in patients with unipolar depression...
- Amisulpride vs. risperidone in chronic schizophrenia: results of a 6-month double-blind studyDaniel Sechter
Department of Psychiatry, Saint Jacques Hospital, 2 Place Saint Jacques, 25030 Besancon Cedex, France
Neuropsychopharmacology 27:1071-81. 2002..Both treatments were well tolerated and had a similar low incidence of extrapyramidal symptoms; however, amisulpride was associated with less weight gain and endocrine/sexual symptoms...
- Awareness of metabolic concerns in patients with bipolar disorder: a survey of European psychiatristsMichael Bauer
Department of Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, University Hospital Carl Gustav Carus, Technische Universitat Dresden, Fetscherstrasse 74, D 01307 Dresden, Germany
Eur Psychiatry 23:169-77. 2008..An online survey of European psychiatrists assessed awareness of the metabolic syndrome and its influence on the management of bipolar disorder...
- Clinical factors associated with treatment resistance in major depressive disorder: results from a European multicenter studyDaniel Souery
Department of Psychiatry, Erasme Hospital, Universite Libre de Bruxelles, Brussels, Belgium
J Clin Psychiatry 68:1062-70. 2007....
- Prevalence and comorbidity of affective disorders in persons making suicide attempts in Hungary: importance of the first depressive episodes and of bipolar II diagnosesJudit Balazs
Department of Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, Semmelweis University, Balassa str 6, 1083 Budapest, Hungary
J Affect Disord 76:113-9. 2003..The purpose of this study was to investigate the prevalence and comorbidity of affective disorders, especially current major depressive episode and bipolar disorder among suicide attempters in Hungary...
- Consensus statement on the benefit to the community of ESEMeD (European Study of the Epidemiology of Mental Disorders) survey data on depression and anxietyDavid J Nutt
University of Bristol, Bristol, United Kingdom
J Clin Psychiatry 68:42-8. 2007..In addition, how this large and unique dataset may be utilized for maximum benefit to patients is outlined...
- Anxiety and impulsivity levels identify relevant subtypes in adolescents with at-risk behaviorFlorence L Askenazy
Service universitaire de psychiatrie de l enfant et de l adolescent, Fondation Lenval, 57, avenue de la Californie, 06200 Nice, France
J Affect Disord 74:219-27. 2003..We therefore classified them into sub-groups according to these two major dimensions. The study examined the relevance of these groups by describing their major diagnoses and behavioral characteristics...
- Consensus statement update on posttraumatic stress disorder from the international consensus group on depression and anxietyJames C Ballenger
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina, USA
J Clin Psychiatry 65:55-62. 2004....
- Consensus statement and research needs: the role of dopamine and norepinephrine in depression and antidepressant treatmentDavid J Nutt
Psychopharmacology Unit, School of Medical Sciences, University of Bristol, Bristol, UK
J Clin Psychiatry 67:46-9. 2006..In addition, the faculty discussed the importance of patient psychoeducation and self-management as well as the ways in which disease models of depression affect treatment...