- Expression of estrogen receptors alpha and beta in early steps of human breast carcinogenesisPascal Roger
Lab D Anatomie et Cytologie Pathol Hospital Lapeyronie, Montpellier, France
Adv Exp Med Biol 617:139-48. 2008
- [Mesenchymal stem cells: weapons or dangers for cancer treatment?]Gwendal Lazennec
INSERM U844, Site Saint Eloi, bâtiment INM, 80, rue Augustin Fliche, Montpellier, F 34091, France
Med Sci (Paris) 27:285-8. 2011..However, all these strategies raise a series of questions about the safety of MSC, as MSC could enhance tumor growth and metastasis. This review summarizes recent findngs about MSC in carcinogenesis...
- Concise review: adult multipotent stromal cells and cancer: risk or benefit?Gwendal Lazennec
Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale, Montpellier, France
Stem Cells 26:1387-94. 2008..Disclosure of potential conflicts of interest is found at the end of this article...
- Chemokines and chemokine receptors: new insights into cancer-related inflammationGwendal Lazennec
INSERM, U844, Site Saint Eloi Bâtiment INM 80 rue Augustin Fliche, University of Montpellier I, Montpellier, F 34090, France
Trends Mol Med 16:133-44. 2010....
- Coxsackie and adenovirus receptor is a target and a mediator of estrogen action in breast cancerDavid Vindrieux
INSERM, U844, Hopital Saint Eloi, Montpellier F 34091, France
Endocr Relat Cancer 18:311-21. 2011..Altogether, our data suggest that CAR is a novel estrogen-responsive gene, which is involved in the E(2)-dependent proliferation of breast cancer cells...
- The nuclear receptor liver receptor homolog-1 is an estrogen receptor target geneJean Sebastien Annicotte
INSERM Equipe Avenir, U540, 60 rue de Navacelles, Montpellier, France
Oncogene 24:8167-75. 2005..Altogether, these data demonstrate that LRH-1 is transcriptionally regulated by the ER alpha and reinforce the hypothesis that LRH-1 could exert potential oncogenic effects during breast cancer formation...
- Emerging roles of chemokines in prostate cancerDavid Vindrieux
INSERM, U844, Site Saint Eloi, bâtiment INM, 80 rue Augustin Fliche, Montpellier F 34091, France
Endocr Relat Cancer 16:663-73. 2009..This review will focus on the roles and the mechanisms of action and regulation of chemokines in the different steps of PCa development and will discuss the novel strategies that are currently envisioned to target chemokines in PCa...
- Potential role of estrogen receptor beta as a tumor suppressor of epithelial ovarian cancerCarine Bossard
Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale, U844, University of Montpellier I, Montpellier F 34091, France
PLoS ONE 7:e44787. 2012..Altogether, these findings unveil a potential tumor-suppressor role of ERβ in ovarian carcinogenesis, which could be of potential clinical relevance for the selection of the most appropriate treatment for patients...
- [Multipotent stromal cells: controversial impact on tumor development and metastasis]Florence Apparailly
INSERM, U844, INM, Hopital Saint Eloi, 80 rue Augustin Fliche, 34295 Montpellier Cedex 5, France
Med Sci (Paris) 24:359-60. 2008
- Estrogen receptor beta, a possible tumor suppressor involved in ovarian carcinogenesisGwendal Lazennec
INSERM U540, Molecular and Cellular Endocrinology of Cancers, 60, rue de Navacelles, 34090 Montpellier, France
Cancer Lett 231:151-7. 2006..In this manuscript, recent data suggesting a possible tumor-suppressor role for ERbeta in ovarian carcinogenesis are discussed...
- Interleukin-8 expression is regulated by histone deacetylases through the nuclear factor-kappaB pathway in breast cancerCarine Chavey
Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Mé dicale, U844, University of Montpellier I, 34091 Montpellier Cedex 5, France
Mol Pharmacol 74:1359-66. 2008..TSA increased binding of acetylated histone 3 to the IL-8 gene promoter. In summary, our results demonstrate that NF-kappaB pathway repression by HDAC is responsible for the low expression of IL-8 in ERalpha-positive breast cancer cells...
- CXC chemokines located in the 4q21 region are up-regulated in breast cancerIvan Bieche
INSERM, U844, Site Saint Eloi Bat INM, 80, rue Augustin Fliche, Montpellier F 34091, France
Endocr Relat Cancer 14:1039-52. 2007..In summary, we present evidences that multiple CXC chemokines are co-expressed in CXCL8-positive breast tumors. In addition, these chemokines could account for the higher aggressiveness of these types of tumors...
- Oestrogen receptor negative breast cancers exhibit high cytokine contentCarine Chavey
INSERM, U844, Site Saint Eloi, bâtiment INM, University of Montpellier I, rue Augustin Fliche, Montpellier, F 34091, France
Breast Cancer Res 9:R15. 2007..An emerging hypothesis suggests that cytokines could play an important role in cancer as potential modulators of angiogenesis and leucocyte infiltration...
- Involvement of estrogen receptor beta in ovarian carcinogenesisAurélie Bardin
Unité INSERM 540, Montpellier, France
Cancer Res 64:5861-9. 2004..The loss of ERbeta expression may thus be an important event leading to the development of ovarian cancer...
- Phosphorylation of activation function-1 regulates proteasome-dependent nuclear mobility and E6-associated protein ubiquitin ligase recruitment to the estrogen receptor betaNathalie Picard
Research Center, Ste Justine Hospital, 3175 Cote Ste Catherine, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Mol Endocrinol 22:317-30. 2008....
- Chemokines: novel targets for breast cancer metastasisSimi Ali
School of Surgical and Reproductive Sciences, Medical School, University of Newcastle upon Tyne, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE2 4HH, UK
Cancer Metastasis Rev 26:401-20. 2007..Thus there is significant interest in developing strategies to antagonize the chemokine function, and an opportunity to interfere with metastasis, the leading cause of death in most patients...
- Tid1 negatively regulates the migratory potential of cancer cells by inhibiting the production of interleukin-8Sung Woo Kim
Department of Immunology, The Scripps Research Institute, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
Cancer Res 65:8784-91. 2005..Together, these results indicate that Tid1 negatively regulates the motility and metastasis of breast cancer cells, most likely through attenuation of nuclear factor kappaB activity on the promoter of the IL8 gene...
- Expression of estrogen receptor beta in prostate carcinoma cells inhibits invasion and proliferation and triggers apoptosisJennifer Cheng
Center for Endocrinology and Molecular Medicine, Northwestern University, 303 East Chicago Avenue, Tarry Building 15 703, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
FEBS Lett 566:169-72. 2004..Our data suggest that ERbeta acts as a tumor-suppressor by its anti-proliferative, anti-invasive and pro-apoptotic properties...
- Estrogen induction and overexpression of fibulin-1C mRNA in ovarian cancer cellsFrederic Moll
Unité INSERM 540, 60 rue de Navacelles, 34095 Montpellier, France
Oncogene 21:1097-107. 2002..This finding suggests that the C variant may be involved in ovarian carcinogenesis. Fibulin-1C overexpression may thus be a clue for the understanding of a putative role of estrogens in ERalpha promoted ovarian tumor progression...