Genomes and Genes
- Expression of E-cadherin and alpha-, beta-, gamma-catenins in patients with bladder cancer: identification of gamma-catenin as a new prognostic marker of neoplastic progression in T1 superficial urothelial tumorsAnne Clairotte
Department of Pathologic Cytology and Anatomy, Jean Minjoz University Hospital, Besancon, France
Am J Clin Pathol 125:119-26. 2006..The characterization of T1 tumors that will progress could lead to the identification of patients who might benefit from surgery to avoid vesical muscle invasion and, consequently, metastasis...
- N-cadherin as a novel prognostic marker of progression in superficial urothelial tumorsIsabelle Lascombe
Tissue and Cell Biology Engineering, Besancon, France
Clin Cancer Res 12:2780-7. 2006..The purpose of this study was to investigate whether N-cadherin expression was associated with the bladder tumor progression...
- The antidiabetic drug ciglitazone induces high grade bladder cancer cells apoptosis through the up-regulation of TRAILMarie Laure Plissonnier
Laboratoire de Biologie Cellulaire et Moleculaire, Faculté des Sciences Médicales et Pharmaceutiques, Equipe d Accueil 3181 Institut Fédératif de Recherche N 133, Universite de Franche Comte, Besancon, France
PLoS ONE 6:e28354. 2011..Apart from its antidiabetic activity, this molecule shows antineoplastic effectiveness in numerous cancer cell lines...
- The human papillomavirus type 18 E6 oncoprotein induces Vascular Endothelial Growth Factor 121 (VEGF121) transcription from the promoter through a p53-independent mechanismNicolas Clere
EA 3181 IFR N 133, Universite de Franche Comte, and Laboratoire de Biochimie Médicale, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire, Besancon, France
Exp Cell Res 313:3239-50. 2007..Collectively, these results suggest that HPV18 E6 oncoprotein contributes to tumor angiogenesis by inducing VEGF transcription from the promoter in a p53-independent manner...
- Insights on distinct pathways of thiazolidinediones (PPARgamma ligand)-promoted apoptosis in TRAIL-sensitive or -resistant malignant urothelial cellsMarie Laure Plissonnier
Laboratoire de Biologie Cellulaire et Moleculaire, EA3181 IFR N133, Universite de Franche Comte, UFR des Sciences Médicales et Pharmaceutiques, Besancon, France
Int J Cancer 127:1769-84. 2010..Therefore, the combination of rosiglitazone and TRAIL could be clinically relevant as chemopreventive or therapeutic agents for the treatment of TRAIL-resistant high-grade urothelial cancers...
- Differential regulation of vascular endothelial growth factor expression by peroxisome proliferator-activated receptors in bladder cancer cellsSylvie Fauconnet
Institut d Etudes et de Transfert de Gènes Bâtiment INSERM, 240 route de Dole, Besancon, France
J Biol Chem 277:23534-43. 2002..They may lead to a new therapeutic approach to human bladder cancer in which excessive angiogenesis is a negative prognostic factor...