- Patent foramen ovale and ischemic strokeV Larrue
Department of Neurology, University of Toulouse, Toulouse, France
Minerva Med 103:199-207. 2012..A randomized controlled trial failed to demonstrate the superiority of transcatheter PFO closure over medical therapy. Whether anticoagulation is superior to aspirin should be tested in a randomized controlled trial...
- Risk factors for severe hemorrhagic transformation in ischemic stroke patients treated with recombinant tissue plasminogen activator: a secondary analysis of the European-Australasian Acute Stroke Study (ECASS II)V Larrue
Department of Neurology, University of Toulouse, Toulouse, France
Stroke 32:438-41. 2001..We performed an analysis of risk factors for severe HT in the second European-Australasian Acute Stroke Study (ECASS II)...
- [Acute ischemic stroke: time is brain!]Vincent Larrue
Service de neurologie vasculaire EA 2049, Hopital Rangueil, CHU de Toulouse, 31059 Toulouse
Rev Prat 56:1418-23. 2006..Combined therapies, using transcranial ultrasound, intraarterial thrombolysis, or clot retrieval devices are being evaluated to improve the efficacy of thrombolysis...
- Intravenous alteplase for acute ischaemic strokeVincent Larrue
Service de Neurologie Vasculaire, Hopital Rangueil, 31059 Toulouse, France
Expert Opin Pharmacother 6:2699-709. 2005....
- [Ultrasound-assisted thrombolysis in acute ischemic stroke]V Larrue
Service de Neurologie Vasculaire, Hopital Rangueil, CHU de Toulouse EA 2049, Universite de Toulouse III
Presse Med 34:1254-6. 2005..The optimal method of ultrasound-assisted thrombolysis has not been determined yet. Experimental data suggest that it may be enhanced by coadministration of microbubbles used as contrast agents...
- Etiologic investigation of ischemic stroke in young adultsV Larrue
Service de Neurologie Vasculaire, Hopital Rangueil, CHU de Toulouse 31059, Toulouse, France
Neurology 76:1983-8. 2011..We attempted to classify causes of ischemic stroke in young adults using a progressive diagnostic algorithm and the ASCO (atherosclerosis, small-vessel disease, cardiac source, other cause) classification system...
- Cortical subarachnoid haemorrhage in the elderly: a recurrent event probably related to cerebral amyloid angiopathyN Raposo
Department of Vascular Neurology, Toulouse University Hospital, Toulouse, France
Eur J Neurol 18:597-603. 2011..We report a case series of patients without apparent cause of cSAH. We aimed to determine whether cerebral amyloid angiopathy (CAA) could be a common cause of cSAH...
- [Clinical course and outcome in French adults with Moyamoya disease]L Calviere
Service de Neurologie Vasculaire, CHU de Toulouse Rangueil, France
Rev Neurol (Paris) 165:709-17. 2009..Moyamoya disease is rare among non-Asian populations and its clinical features are ill-defined. We report 12 new cases of Moyamoya disease in French, non-Asian adults...
- Isolated acute nontraumatic cortical subarachnoid hemorrhageV Cuvinciuc
Department of Neuroradiology, University Hospital, Toulouse, France
AJNR Am J Neuroradiol 31:1355-62. 2010..In elderly patients, cSAH might be attributed to CAA if numerous hemorrhages are demonstrated by GRE T2 images. Finally, cSAH is rarely observed in nonvascular disorders, such as abscess and primitive or secondary brain tumors...
- Transcranial color-coded sonography to predict recurrent transient ischaemic attack/strokeN Nasr
Department of Vascular Neurology, UMR U1048, University of Toulouse, Toulouse, France
Eur J Neurol 20:1212-7. 2013..The predictive value of transcranial color-coded sonography (TCCS) has not been evaluated in this setting...
- Unruptured intracranial aneurysm as a cause of cerebral ischemiaL Calviere
Department of Neurology, Toulouse University, Toulouse, France
Clin Neurol Neurosurg 113:28-33. 2011..Unruptured intracranial artery aneurysms (IAs) can be revealed by cerebral ischemia. Little is known on the clinical course and outcome of patients with this condition. We report our findings in a consecutive series of 15 such patients...
- Asymptomatic cerebral embolic signals in patients with acute cerebral ischaemia and severe aortic arch atherosclerosisA Viguier
Department of Neurology, Hopital Rangueil, Toulouse, France
J Neurol 248:768-71. 2001..ES were detected in 14.3% (2/14) of patients with AAA > or = 4 mm and in no patients with AAA < 4 mm or no AAA (p=0.14). The findings suggest that ES may be associated with severe AAA but their prevalence is low in this setting...
- Autonomic neuropathy is associated with impairment of dynamic cerebral autoregulation in type 1 diabetesN Nasr
Service de Neurologie Vasculaire, Hopital Rangueil, Toulouse, INSERM U, France
Auton Neurosci 160:59-63. 2011..In this study, we assessed the association between CAN and impairment of dynamic cerebral autoregulation in patients with type 1 diabetes...
- Association of neutrophil count with microembolization in patients with symptomatic carotid artery stenosisNathalie Nasr
Service de Neurologie Vasculaire, Hopital Rangueil, Toulouse, France
Atherosclerosis 207:519-23. 2009..In the present study, we sought to determine whether spontaneous microembolization was associated with neutrophil count in patients with recently symptomatic carotid stenosis...
- Continuous monitoring of middle cerebral artery recanalization with transcranial color-coded sonography and LevovistAlain Viguier
Department of Neurology, University of Toulouse, Hopital de Rangueil, 1 avenue Jean Poulhes, EA 2049 Toulouse Cedex 9, France
J Thromb Thrombolysis 19:55-9. 2005..The purpose of this study was to evaluate the feasibility of continuous monitoring of middle cerebral artery (MCA) recanalization using transcranial color-coded sonography (TCCS) and intravenously administered microbubbles...
- Migraine with aura and silent brain infarcts lack of mediation of patent foramen ovaleL Calviere
Department of Vascular Neurology, University Hospital, Toulouse, France
Eur J Neurol 20:1560-5. 2013..We sought to determine whether this association could be confirmed in young patients with cryptogenic ischemic stroke, and explored the role of patent foramen ovale (PFO) as a potential underlying mechanism...
- Prevalence of atrial septal abnormalities in older patients with cryptogenic ischemic stroke or transient ischemic attackM Force
Department of Neurology, Hopital Rangueil, University of Toulouse, Toulouse 31059, France
Clin Neurol Neurosurg 110:779-83. 2008..To evaluate the association of atrial septal abnormalities--patent foramen ovale (PFO), atrial septal aneurysm (ASA), or the combination of both (PFO+ASA)--with cryptogenic stroke or transient ischemic attack (TIA) in older patients...
- Cerebral autoregulation in patients with obstructive sleep apnea syndrome during wakefulnessN Nasr
Service de Neurologie Vasculaire, Hopital Rangueil, INSERM U858 Team 09, Toulouse, France
Eur J Neurol 16:386-91. 2009..In this study, we aimed to assess dynamic cerebral autoregulation (DCA) during wakefulness in OSAS patients and a group of matched controls...
- Neurological pictures. Stroke with calcium emboli related to a calcified stenosis of internal carotid arteryJ Tardy
Department of Vascular Neurology, Rangueil University Hospital, Toulouse, France
J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry 79:1273-4. 2008
- Executive dysfunction in adults with moyamoya disease is associated with increased diffusion in frontal white matterLionel Calviere
Department of Vascular Neurology, University of Toulouse, Toulouse, France
J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry 83:591-3. 2012..In the present study, the authors examined the relation of ADC with CVR and cognitive dysfunction in adults with MMD...
- Enhancement of enzymatic fibrinolysis with 2-MHz ultrasound and microbubblesP Cintas
Departments of Neurology and Hematology, EA2049, University of Toulouse, Toulouse, France
J Thromb Haemost 2:1163-6. 2004..It is not known whether microbubbles are also effective in enhancing high-frequency US-driven enzymatic fibrinolysis...
- Carotidynia: a new case for an old controversyJ Tardy
Department of Vascular Neurology, CHU Toulouse, Toulouse, France
Eur J Neurol 14:704-5. 2007..We report the case of a 30-year-old woman who developed a pain located at the left carotid bulb, associated with typical findings on ultrasonography and MRI. We discuss new criteria and denomination of this clinical entity...
- High rate of recanalization of middle cerebral artery occlusion during 2-MHz transcranial color-coded Doppler continuous monitoring without thrombolytic drugPascal Cintas
Department of Neurology, University of Toulouse, France
Stroke 33:626-8. 2002..We report our findings on early recanalization during transcranial color-coded Doppler (TCCD) continuous monitoring in acute stroke patients with middle cerebral artery (MCA) main stem occlusion...
- Baroreflex sensitivity is impaired in bilateral carotid atherosclerosisNathalie Nasr
Service de Neurologie Vasculaire, Universite de Toulouse III, France
Stroke 36:1891-5. 2005..The purpose of our study was to determine whether baroreflex sensitivity (BRS) and heart rate (HR) variability are altered in patients with carotid atherosclerosis (CA) and to assess the impact of characteristics of CA on BRS...
- Thrombolysis with alteplase 3 to 4.5 hours after acute ischemic strokeWerner Hacke
Department of Neurology, Universitat Heidelberg, Heidelberg, Germany
N Engl J Med 359:1317-29. 2008..We tested the efficacy and safety of alteplase administered between 3 and 4.5 hours after the onset of a stroke...
- Thrombolysis with alteplase 3-4.5 h after acute ischaemic stroke (SITS-ISTR): an observational studyNils Wahlgren
Department of Clinical Neurosciences, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
Lancet 372:1303-9. 2008..5 h versus those treated within 3 h, who were recorded in the in the Safe Implementation of Treatments in Stroke (SITS), a prospective internet-based audit of the International Stroke Thrombolysis Registry (ISTR)...
- Thrombolysis with alteplase for acute ischaemic stroke in the Safe Implementation of Thrombolysis in Stroke-Monitoring Study (SITS-MOST): an observational studyNils Wahlgren
Department of Neurology, Karolinska University Hospital, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
Lancet 369:275-82. 2007..Under European Union regulations, SITS-MOST was required to assess the safety profile of alteplase in clinical practice by comparison with results in randomised controlled trials...
- Isolated Horner's syndrome may herald strokeJean Michel De Bray
Department of Neurology, University Hospital Angers, France
Cerebrovasc Dis 19:274-5. 2005
- Dual antiplatelet therapy with clopidogrel and aspirin in symptomatic carotid stenosis evaluated using doppler embolic signal detection: the Clopidogrel and Aspirin for Reduction of Emboli in Symptomatic Carotid Stenosis (CARESS) trialHugh S Markus
Department of Clinical Neuroscience, St George s Hospital Medical School, London, UK
Circulation 111:2233-40. 2005..They offer a surrogate marker to evaluate antiplatelet therapy, but no multicenter study has evaluated the feasibility of this approach...
- Endarterectomy versus stenting in patients with symptomatic severe carotid stenosisJean Louis Mas
Hôpitaux Sainte Anne, Universite Rene Descartes, Paris, France
N Engl J Med 355:1660-71. 2006..Carotid stenting is less invasive than endarterectomy, but it is unclear whether it is as safe in patients with symptomatic carotid-artery stenosis...
- Ischemic cerebral attacks due to a pseudo-aneurysm of the internal carotid artery with Listeria monocytogenesNicolas Boulloche
J Neurol 254:122-3. 2007
- Cervical artery stenoses in sickle cell diseaseLionel Calviere
Eur Neurol 58:120-1. 2007