- Epidemiology and individual susceptibility to adverse drug reactions affecting the liverDominique Larrey
service d hépato gastroentérologie et transplantation, Hopital Saint Eloi, Montpellier, France
Semin Liver Dis 22:145-55. 2002....
- [Bacterial hepatitis]Dominique Larrey
service d hépato gastroentérologie et transplantation, Hopital Saint Eloi, CHU Montpellier, 80, rue Augustin Fliche, 34295 Montpellier Cedex 5
Gastroenterol Clin Biol 27:B27-31. 2003
- Drug-induced liver diseasesD Larrey
Service d Hépatogastro entérologie et Transplantation hépatique, Hopital Saint Eloi, Montpellier, France
J Hepatol 32:77-88. 2000..The prediction of the hepatotoxicity of new drugs must be improved. Investigations would be particularly useful for drugs having critical chemical structures and belonging to families with an established history of hepatotoxicity...
- [From hepatic steatosis due to obesity to cirrhosis, in the absence of alcoholic intoxication]Dominique Larrey
Service d hépatogastroentérologie et transplantation Hôpital Saint Eloi, 80 rue Augustin Fliche 34295 Montpellier
Presse Med 32:512-8. 2003..Other treatments are currently proposed (anti-oxidants, insulin-resistance modulators), but none of them have presently been completely validated...
- [Non-alcoholic steatohepatitis: natural history and diagnosis]Dominique Larrey
service d hépato gastroentérologie et transplantation, Hopital Saint Eloi, CHU Montpellier
Gastroenterol Clin Biol 27:793-8. 2003
- Drug-induced acute liver failureDominique Larrey
Department of Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Liver Transplantation, Hopital Saint Eloi, Montpellier School of Medicine and INSERM Unit 632, Montpellier, France
Eur J Gastroenterol Hepatol 17:141-3. 2005..At the stage of liver failure, treatment is mostly supportive. Since irreversible damage is unpredictable, early transfer to a transplantation centre should be considered...
- [Chronic hepatitis C: apart from antiviral treatment what other measures should be recommended?]Dominique Larrey
service d hépato gastroentérologie et transplantation, Hopital Saint Eloi, CHU Montpellier
Gastroenterol Clin Biol 26:B283-90. 2002
- Diffuse inflammatory lesions in patients treated with interferon alfa and ribavirin for hepatitis C: a series of 20 patientsO Dereure
Department of Dermatology Phlebology, CHRU Montpellier, Hopital Saint Eloi, 80 avenue Augustin Fliche, 34265 Montpellier cedex 5, France
Br J Dermatol 147:1142-6. 2002..By contrast, very few data are available with regard to distant skin reactions, particularly inflammatory lesions on other parts of the body...
- [Hepatotoxicity of immunosuppressants. Diagnostic approach]D Larrey
service d hépato gastroentérologie et transplantation, Hopital Saint Eloi, 80, rue Augustin Fliche, 34295 Montpellier Cedex 5, France
Gastroenterol Clin Biol 32:S194-204. 2008
- Variable phenotypic presentation of iron overload in H63D homozygotes: are genetic modifiers the cause?P Aguilar-Martinez
Laboratory of Haematology, CHU of Montpellier, 34295 Montpellier, France
Gut 48:836-42. 2001..But few H63D homozygotes with clinical manifestations of hereditary haemochromatosis (HH) have been reported. Concurrently, an increasing number of genes have been shown to interact with HFE in iron metabolism...
- Hepatitis after intravenous injection of sublingual buprenorphine in acute hepatitis C carriers: report of two cases of disappearance of viral replication after acute hepatitisHelene Peyriere
Department of Medical Pharmacology and Toxicology, Lapeyronie Hospital, Montpellier, France
Ann Pharmacother 43:973-7. 2009..To report 2 cases of acute hepatitis related to intravenous administration of buprenorphine in hepatitis C-infected patients...
- [Chronic hepatitis C: management of side effects of treatment]Dominique Larrey
service d hépato gastroentérologie et transplantation, Hopital Saint Eloi, CHU Montpellier et INSERM U632, 80 rue Augustin Fliche, Montpellier Cedex 5
Gastroenterol Clin Biol 31:4S20-8. 2007..It is also essential to provide a well adapted therapeutic education to get an optimal compliance to the treatment and thereby a better chance of success...
- Mycophenolate mofetil in combination with reduction of calcineurin inhibitors for chronic renal dysfunction after liver transplantationGeorges Philippe Pageaux
Liver Transplant Unit, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire CHU Saint Eloi, Montpellier, France
Liver Transpl 12:1755-60. 2006..In this prospective, multicenter, randomized study, chronic CNI-related renal dysfunction was defined by an increase in serum creatinine with values >140 micromol/L and <300 micromol/L. Patients were randomized in 2 groups...
- [Is there a risk to prescribe paracetamol at therapeutic doses in patients with acute or chronic liver disease?]Dominique Larrey
Service d Hépatogastro entérologie et Transplantation hépatique, Hopital Saint Eloi, Montpellier
Gastroenterol Clin Biol 30:753-5. 2006
- Alcohol relapse after liver transplantation for alcoholic liver disease: does it matter?Georges Philippe Pageaux
Fédération médico chirurgicale d Hépato gastroentérologie et Transplantation, Hopital Saint Eloi, 80 rue Augustin Fliche, 34295 CHU Montpellier Cedex 5, France
J Hepatol 38:629-34. 2003..The aim of this study was to distinguish the types of alcohol consumption after liver transplantation (LT) for alcoholic cirrhosis and to assess the consequences of heavy drinking...
- The Southern French registry of genetic hemochromatosis: a tool for determining clinical prevalence of the disorder and genotype penetrancePatricia Aguilar-Martinez
CHU of Montpellier Laboratory of Hematology, Hopital Saint Eloi, avenue Augustin Fliche, 34295 Montpellier Cedex 5, France
Haematologica 95:551-6. 2010..Despite great progress in understanding the mechanisms underlying genetic hemochromatosis, data on the prevalence and the penetrance of the disorder are conflicting...
- Is chronic hepatitis C virus infection a risk factor for breast cancer?Dominique Larrey
Liver Unit and INSERM Unit 632, Saint Eloi Hospital, Montpellier University, 80 rue Augustin Fliche, Montpellier Cedex 5, France
World J Gastroenterol 16:3687-91. 2010..To evaluate the prevalence of breast tumors in adult females with chronic hepatitis C virus (HCV) infection...
- Alpha interferon inhibits hepatitis C virus replication in primary human hepatocytes infected in vitroValerie Castet
INSERM U128, Montpellier, France
J Virol 76:8189-99. 2002..These results show that IFN-alpha acts primarily through its nonspecific antiviral effects and suggest that primary cultures of human hepatocytes may provide a good model to study intrinsic HCV resistance to IFN-alpha...
- Are preoperative patterns of alcohol consumption predictive of relapse after liver transplantation for alcoholic liver disease?Pascal Perney
Service de Médecine Interne E, Hopital Saint Eloi, Montpellier Cedex, France
Transpl Int 18:1292-7. 2005..05). Information on previous alcohol consumption (dependence, number of withdrawals, family history) helps to predict severe relapse after LT in patients with ALD, allowing early awareness and specific postoperative care...
- Transferrin receptor-2 gene and non-C282Y homozygous patients with hemochromatosisP Aguilar-Martinez
Laboratory of Hematology, CHU de Montpellier, Montpellier, France
Blood Cells Mol Dis 27:290-3. 2001..Concurrently, none of the 18 hereditary hemochromatosis patients who had their TFR2 gene sequenced had any deleterious mutation. Thus, TFR2 mutations are not responsible for hemochromatosis in non-C282Y homozygous patients of our area...
- Cross hepatotoxicity between tricyclic antidepressants and phenothiazinesA J Remy
Department of Hepato Gastroenterology, Saint Eloi Hospital, Montpellier, France
Eur J Gastroenterol Hepatol 7:373-6. 1995..To describe a case of cross hepatotoxicity between tricyclic antidepressants and phenothiazines...
- Tacrolimus and the risk of solid cancers after liver transplant: a dose effect relationshipC Carenco
Liver Transplantation Unit, Digestive Department, Saint Eloi University Hospital, University of Montpellier I, Montpellier, France
Am J Transplant 15:678-86. 2015..It appears therefore that CNI should be used with caution after LT, and that new immunosuppressive therapies could deliver significant clinical benefits in this regard. ..
- Nocardiosis revealed by thyroid abscess in a liver--kidney transplant recipientA Vandĵme
Fédération Médicochirurgicale, Hopital Saint Eloi, Montpellier, France
Transpl Int 14:202-4. 2001..Clinicians should be aware of this entity, as Nocardia Asteroides may need more than 5 days of culture to be isolated...
- [Value of MRCP for diagnosis of biliary complications after liver transplantation]S Aufort
Service d Imagerie Medicale, CHU Montpellier, Hopital Saint Eloi, 80, rue Augustin Fliche, 34295 Montpellier Cedex 5
J Radiol 89:221-7. 2008..To assess the value of MRCP in the detection of biliary complications after orthotopic liver transplantation...
- Use of human hepatocytes to investigate HCV infectionLydiane Pichard-Garcia
INSERM U632, Hepatic Physiopathology, Montpellier, France
Methods Mol Biol 640:447-62. 2010..Adult primary human hepatocytes infected with natural serum-derived HCV virions represent the model that most closely mimics the physiological situation. This chapter describes our experience with this culture model...
- Treatment of cirrhotic tense ascites with Dextran-40 versus albumin associated with large volume paracentesis: a randomized controlled trialDiego Garcia-Compean
Service d Hepato Gastroenterologie, Hopital Saint Eloi, Montpellier, France
Ann Hepatol 1:29-35. 2002..05). Ascites recurrence rates and survival were similar in the two groups. In conclusion, Dextran-40 was thus not as efficacious as albumin for preventing PCD...
- Interleukin 1beta inhibits CAR-induced expression of hepatic genes involved in drug and bilirubin clearanceEric Assenat
Service de Chirurgie Digestive, Hopital Saint Eloi, Montpellier, France
Hepatology 40:951-60. 2004....
- Global sequencing approach for characterizing the molecular background of hereditary iron disordersSeverine Cunat
Laboratory of Haematology, CHU of Montpellier, Montpellier, France
Clin Chem 53:2060-9. 2007..This study aimed to develop a rapid automated method for sequencing the main genes involved...
- Risk factors for lymphoproliferative disorders after liver transplantation in adults: an analysis of 480 patientsChristophe Duvoux
Liver Transplant Unit, AP HP Hopital Henri Mondor, 51 Avenue du Marechal de Lattre de Tassigny, 94010 Creteil, France
Transplantation 74:1103-9. 2002..The aim of this work was to identify specific risk factors for lymphoproliferative disorders after liver transplantation in adults...
- Risk factors for hepatic decompensation in patients with HIV/HCV coinfection and liver cirrhosis during interferon-based therapyStefan Mauss
Center for HIV and Hepatogastroenterology, Dusseldorf, Germany
AIDS 18:F21-5. 2004..This paper identifies risk factors associated with hepatic decompensation in APRICOT...
- SCH 503034, a novel hepatitis C virus protease inhibitor, plus pegylated interferon alpha-2b for genotype 1 nonrespondersChristoph Sarrazin
Department of Internal Medicine II, Saarland University Hospital, Homburg, Germany
Gastroenterology 132:1270-8. 2007....
- Hepatic findings in long-term clinical trials of ximelagatranWilliam M Lee
University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas, Dallas, Texas 75390 9151, USA
Drug Saf 28:351-70. 2005..In these studies, raised aminotransferase levels were observed during long-term use (>35 days). The aim of this analysis is to review the data regarding these hepatic findings in the long-term trials of ximelagatran...