- Sustained virological response after 14-day treatment with danoprevir and 48-week treatment with pegylated interferon-α2a (40 KD) plus ribavirinDominique Larrey
Liver Unit and CIC IRB1040, Saint Eloi Hospital, Montpellier, France
Antivir Ther 17:927-32. 2012..After the protocol-defined phase, patients were free to continue with PEG-IFN/RBV. Sustained virological response (SVR) was evaluated in patients who continued treatment with PEG-IFN/RBV...
- Rapid and strong antiviral activity of the non-nucleosidic NS5B polymerase inhibitor BI 207127 in combination with peginterferon alfa 2a and ribavirinDominique Larrey
Servise d Hépato Gastro Entérologie et Transplantation, Hopital Saint Eloi, 80 avenue Augustin Fliche, 34295 Montepellier, France
J Hepatol 57:39-46. 2012..BI 207127 is a potent non-nucleoside hepatitis C virus (HCV) NS5B polymerase inhibitor in vitro...
- Education by a nurse increases response of patients with chronic hepatitis C to therapy with peginterferon-α2a and ribavirinDominique Larrey
Hepato Gastroenterology, Saint Eloi Hospital, Montpellier, France
Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol 9:781-5. 2011..We performed a prospective study to determine the effects of systematic consultation by a nurse on patient adherence and the efficacy of therapy...
- Is chronic hepatitis C virus infection a risk factor for breast cancer?Dominique Larrey
Liver Unit and INSERM Unit 632, Saint Eloi Hospital, Montpellier University, 80 rue Augustin Fliche, Montpellier Cedex 5, France
World J Gastroenterol 16:3687-91. 2010..To evaluate the prevalence of breast tumors in adult females with chronic hepatitis C virus (HCV) infection...
- [Hepatotoxicity of immunosuppressants. Diagnostic approach]D Larrey
service d hépato gastroentérologie et transplantation, Hopital Saint Eloi, 80, rue Augustin Fliche, 34295 Montpellier Cedex 5, France
Gastroenterol Clin Biol 32:S194-204. 2008
- [Chronic hepatitis C: management of side effects of treatment]Dominique Larrey
service d hépato gastroentérologie et transplantation, Hopital Saint Eloi, CHU Montpellier et INSERM U632, 80 rue Augustin Fliche, Montpellier Cedex 5
Gastroenterol Clin Biol 31:4S20-8. 2007..It is also essential to provide a well adapted therapeutic education to get an optimal compliance to the treatment and thereby a better chance of success...
- [Is there a risk to prescribe paracetamol at therapeutic doses in patients with acute or chronic liver disease?]Dominique Larrey
Service d Hépatogastro entérologie et Transplantation hépatique, Hopital Saint Eloi, Montpellier
Gastroenterol Clin Biol 30:753-5. 2006
- Variable phenotypic presentation of iron overload in H63D homozygotes: are genetic modifiers the cause?P Aguilar-Martinez
Laboratory of Haematology, CHU of Montpellier, 34295 Montpellier, France
Gut 48:836-42. 2001..But few H63D homozygotes with clinical manifestations of hereditary haemochromatosis (HH) have been reported. Concurrently, an increasing number of genes have been shown to interact with HFE in iron metabolism...
- Cross hepatotoxicity between tricyclic antidepressants and phenothiazinesA J Remy
Department of Hepato Gastroenterology, Saint Eloi Hospital, Montpellier, France
Eur J Gastroenterol Hepatol 7:373-6. 1995..To describe a case of cross hepatotoxicity between tricyclic antidepressants and phenothiazines...
- Diffuse inflammatory lesions in patients treated with interferon alfa and ribavirin for hepatitis C: a series of 20 patientsO Dereure
Department of Dermatology Phlebology, CHRU Montpellier, Hopital Saint Eloi, 80 avenue Augustin Fliche, 34265 Montpellier cedex 5, France
Br J Dermatol 147:1142-6. 2002..By contrast, very few data are available with regard to distant skin reactions, particularly inflammatory lesions on other parts of the body...
- Drug-induced liver diseasesD Larrey
Service d Hépatogastro entérologie et Transplantation hépatique, Hopital Saint Eloi, Montpellier, France
J Hepatol 32:77-88. 2000..The prediction of the hepatotoxicity of new drugs must be improved. Investigations would be particularly useful for drugs having critical chemical structures and belonging to families with an established history of hepatotoxicity...
- Transferrin receptor-2 gene and non-C282Y homozygous patients with hemochromatosisP Aguilar-Martinez
Laboratory of Hematology, CHU de Montpellier, Montpellier, France
Blood Cells Mol Dis 27:290-3. 2001..Concurrently, none of the 18 hereditary hemochromatosis patients who had their TFR2 gene sequenced had any deleterious mutation. Thus, TFR2 mutations are not responsible for hemochromatosis in non-C282Y homozygous patients of our area...
- Nocardiosis revealed by thyroid abscess in a liver--kidney transplant recipientA Vandĵme
Fédération Médicochirurgicale, Hopital Saint Eloi, Montpellier, France
Transpl Int 14:202-4. 2001..Clinicians should be aware of this entity, as Nocardia Asteroides may need more than 5 days of culture to be isolated...
- Alcohol relapse after liver transplantation for alcoholic liver disease: does it matter?Georges Philippe Pageaux
Fédération médico chirurgicale d Hépato gastroentérologie et Transplantation, Hopital Saint Eloi, 80 rue Augustin Fliche, 34295 CHU Montpellier Cedex 5, France
J Hepatol 38:629-34. 2003..The aim of this study was to distinguish the types of alcohol consumption after liver transplantation (LT) for alcoholic cirrhosis and to assess the consequences of heavy drinking...
- Epidemiology and individual susceptibility to adverse drug reactions affecting the liverDominique Larrey
service d hépato gastroentérologie et transplantation, Hopital Saint Eloi, Montpellier, France
Semin Liver Dis 22:145-55. 2002....
- Mycophenolate mofetil in combination with reduction of calcineurin inhibitors for chronic renal dysfunction after liver transplantationGeorges Philippe Pageaux
Liver Transplant Unit, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire CHU Saint Eloi, Montpellier, France
Liver Transpl 12:1755-60. 2006....
- [Chronic hepatitis C: apart from antiviral treatment what other measures should be recommended?]Dominique Larrey
service d hépato gastroentérologie et transplantation, Hopital Saint Eloi, CHU Montpellier
Gastroenterol Clin Biol 26:B283-90. 2002
- Are preoperative patterns of alcohol consumption predictive of relapse after liver transplantation for alcoholic liver disease?Pascal Perney
Service de Médecine Interne E, Hopital Saint Eloi, Montpellier Cedex, France
Transpl Int 18:1292-7. 2005..05). Information on previous alcohol consumption (dependence, number of withdrawals, family history) helps to predict severe relapse after LT in patients with ALD, allowing early awareness and specific postoperative care...
- Drug-induced acute liver failureDominique Larrey
Department of Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Liver Transplantation, Hopital Saint Eloi, Montpellier School of Medicine and INSERM Unit 632, Montpellier, France
Eur J Gastroenterol Hepatol 17:141-3. 2005..At the stage of liver failure, treatment is mostly supportive. Since irreversible damage is unpredictable, early transfer to a transplantation centre should be considered...
- [From hepatic steatosis due to obesity to cirrhosis, in the absence of alcoholic intoxication]Dominique Larrey
Service d hépatogastroentérologie et transplantation Hôpital Saint Eloi, 80 rue Augustin Fliche 34295 Montpellier
Presse Med 32:512-8. 2003..Other treatments are currently proposed (anti-oxidants, insulin-resistance modulators), but none of them have presently been completely validated...
- Risk factors for hepatic decompensation in patients with HIV/HCV coinfection and liver cirrhosis during interferon-based therapyStefan Mauss
Center for HIV and Hepatogastroenterology, Dusseldorf, Germany
AIDS 18:F21-5. 2004..This paper identifies risk factors associated with hepatic decompensation in APRICOT...
- [Bacterial hepatitis]Dominique Larrey
service d hépato gastroentérologie et transplantation, Hopital Saint Eloi, CHU Montpellier, 80, rue Augustin Fliche, 34295 Montpellier Cedex 5
Gastroenterol Clin Biol 27:B27-31. 2003
- [Non-alcoholic steatohepatitis: natural history and diagnosis]Dominique Larrey
service d hépato gastroentérologie et transplantation, Hopital Saint Eloi, CHU Montpellier
Gastroenterol Clin Biol 27:793-8. 2003
- Risk factors for lymphoproliferative disorders after liver transplantation in adults: an analysis of 480 patientsChristophe Duvoux
Liver Transplant Unit, AP HP Hopital Henri Mondor, 51 Avenue du Marechal de Lattre de Tassigny, 94010 Creteil, France
Transplantation 74:1103-9. 2002..The aim of this work was to identify specific risk factors for lymphoproliferative disorders after liver transplantation in adults...
- Hepatic findings in long-term clinical trials of ximelagatranWilliam M Lee
University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas, Dallas, Texas 75390 9151, USA
Drug Saf 28:351-70. 2005..In these studies, raised aminotransferase levels were observed during long-term use (>35 days). The aim of this analysis is to review the data regarding these hepatic findings in the long-term trials of ximelagatran...
- Alpha interferon inhibits hepatitis C virus replication in primary human hepatocytes infected in vitroValerie Castet
INSERM U128, Montpellier, France
J Virol 76:8189-99. 2002..These results show that IFN-alpha acts primarily through its nonspecific antiviral effects and suggest that primary cultures of human hepatocytes may provide a good model to study intrinsic HCV resistance to IFN-alpha...
- SCH 503034, a novel hepatitis C virus protease inhibitor, plus pegylated interferon alpha-2b for genotype 1 nonrespondersChristoph Sarrazin
Department of Internal Medicine II, Saarland University Hospital, Homburg, Germany
Gastroenterology 132:1270-8. 2007....
- Interleukin 1beta inhibits CAR-induced expression of hepatic genes involved in drug and bilirubin clearanceEric Assenat
Service de Chirurgie Digestive, Hopital Saint Eloi, Montpellier, France
Hepatology 40:951-60. 2004....
- Treatment of cirrhotic tense ascites with Dextran-40 versus albumin associated with large volume paracentesis: a randomized controlled trialDiego Garcia-Compean
Service d Hepato Gastroenterologie, Hopital Saint Eloi, Montpellier, France
Ann Hepatol 1:29-35. 2002..05). Ascites recurrence rates and survival were similar in the two groups. In conclusion, Dextran-40 was thus not as efficacious as albumin for preventing PCD...