- Long-term treatment of venous thromboembolism with tinzaparin compared to vitamin K antagonists: a meta-analysis of 5 randomized trials in non-cancer and cancer patientsSilvy Laporte
Dept of Clinical Pharmacology Hospital of Saint Etienne, France
Thromb Res 130:853-8. 2012....
- Clinical predictors for fatal pulmonary embolism in 15,520 patients with venous thromboembolism: findings from the Registro Informatizado de la Enfermedad TromboEmbolica venosa (RIETE) RegistrySilvy Laporte
Clinical Pharmacology Department, Thrombosis Research Group, EA 3065, University Hospital of Saint Etienne Bellevue, 42055 Saint Etienne Cedex 02, France
Circulation 117:1711-6. 2008..Clinical predictors for fatal pulmonary embolism (PE) in patients with venous thromboembolism have never been studied...
- Epidemiology of thrombotic risk factors: the difficulty in using clinical trials to develop a risk assessment modelSilvy Laporte
University Jean Monnet Saint Etienne, EA3065, Saint Etienne, France
Crit Care Med 38:S10-7. 2010..This article reviews evidence on the risk of venous thromboembolism associated with different medical conditions and risk factors, and presents a tentative risk-assessment model for risk stratification in hospitalized medical patients...
- Compliance and stability of INR of two oral anticoagulants with different half-lives: a randomised trialSilvy Laporte
Thrombosis Research Group, Clinical Pharmacological Department, University Hospital, Pavillon 5, F 42055 Saint Etienne Cedex 2, France
Thromb Haemost 89:458-67. 2003..No difference was found between the education groups. In patients starting oral anticoagulant therapy, dose determination may be the most important factor contributing to instability...
- Individual patient data meta-analysis of enoxaparin vs. unfractionated heparin for venous thromboembolism prevention in medical patientsS Laporte
Universite de Lyon, Université Jean Monnet, Saint Etienne, France
J Thromb Haemost 9:464-72. 2011..Unfractionated heparin (UFH) and low-molecular-weight heparin (LMWH) are both recommended for venous thromboembolism (VTE) prophylaxis in hospitalized medical patients...
- Venous thromboembolism prevention with fondaparinux 1.5 mg in renally impaired patients undergoing major orthopaedic surgery. A real-world, prospective, multicentre, cohort studyPatrick Mismetti
EA3065 Université Jean Monnet, Saint Etienne, Service de Médecine et Thérapeutique, Unite de Pharmacologie Clinique, CHU Saint Etienne, France
Thromb Haemost 107:1151-60. 2012..5 mg after major orthopaedic surgery in renally impaired patients. It shows that these patients constitute a very elderly and fragile population...
- Population pharmacokinetics of fondaparinux administered at prophylactic doses after major orthopaedic surgery in everyday practiceXavier Delavenne
Thrombosis Research Group EA 3065, University Jean Monnet, Saint Etienne, France
Thromb Haemost 104:252-60. 2010..A body weight less than 50 kg and moderate renal failure increased drug exposure. Although the population pharmacokinetic model of fondaparinux was described, this one requires to be validated in everyday practice...
- Fondaparinux for the treatment of superficial-vein thrombosis in the legsHerve Decousus
INSERM CIE3, F 42055, EA3065 Université Jean Monnet, and Service de Médecine et Thérapeutique, Centre Hôpitalier Universitaire Saint Etienne, Hopital Nord, Saint Etienne, France
N Engl J Med 363:1222-32. 2010....
- A randomized double-blind trial of upward progressive versus degressive compressive stockings in patients with moderate to severe chronic venous insufficiencySerge Couzan
Clinique Mutualiste, Saint Etienne, France
J Vasc Surg 56:1344-1350.e1. 2012....
- Feasibility of an easy-to-use risk score in the prevention of venous thromboembolism and placental vascular complications in pregnant women: a prospective cohort of 2736 womenCeline Chauleur
Gynaecology Obstetrics Department, EA3065 Thrombosis Research Group, University Hospital, 42055 Saint Etienne Cedex 2, France
Thromb Res 122:478-84. 2008..Our objective was to assess whether treatment based on risk score is feasible in these women...
- A prospective long-term study of 220 patients with a retrievable vena cava filter for secondary prevention of venous thromboembolismPatrick Mismetti
Thrombosis Research Group, CIC EC, Clinical Pharmacology Department, University Hospital, Saint Etienne, France
Chest 131:223-9. 2007..The immediate and long-term clinical events associated with the placement and removal of a retrievable filter (ALN filter; ALN Implants Chirurgicaux; Ghisonaccia, France) remain largely unknown...
- Enoxaparin in the treatment of deep vein thrombosis with or without pulmonary embolism: an individual patient data meta-analysisPatrick Mismetti
Thrombosis Research Group, Clinical Pharmacology Department, University Hospital Bellevue, F-42055 Saint-Etienne, France
Chest 128:2203-10. 2005..76). A trend in favor of enoxaparin was observed for reduced mortality and major bleeding. CONCLUSIONS: The efficacy and safety of enoxaparin vs UFH for DVT treatment is not modified by the presence of symptomatic PE...
- Pharmacokinetics of fondaparinux 1.5 mg once daily in a real-world cohort of patients with renal impairment undergoing major orthopaedic surgeryXavier Delavenne
Thrombosis Research Group EA 3065, University Jean Monnet, 42023, Saint Etienne, France
Eur J Clin Pharmacol 68:1403-10. 2012..5 mg. As the drug is mainly eliminated by the kidneys, a reduced dosage (1.5 mg once daily) was developed for patients with renal impairment...
- Thrombophilia and risk of venous thrombosis in patients with cancerHerve Decousus
University Hospital, Saint Etienne, France
Thromb Res 120:S51-61. 2007..Studies designed to assess the value of thromboprophylaxis in high-risk patients, including thrombophilic patients, with long-term central venous catheters may be valuable...
- Factors predictive of venous thrombotic complications in patients with isolated superficial vein thrombosisSara Quenet
Clinical Pharmacology Department, University Hospital Bellevue, Saint Etienne, France
J Vasc Surg 38:944-9. 2003..Superficial vein thrombosis may be complicated with venous thromboembolism. We examined factors predictive of venous thromboembolism in superficial vein thrombosis, which, to our knowledge, had not been prospectively studied before...
- Prevalence of poor biological response to clopidogrel: a systematic reviewNora Mallouk
Universite de Lyon, EA3065, Université Jean Monnet, Saint Etienne, France
Thromb Haemost 107:494-506. 2012..This meta-analysis shows that the prevalence of poor biological response depends on the assay employed, the cut-off value and on various unidentified additional factors...
- UPLC MS/MS assay for routine quantification of dabigatran - a direct thrombin inhibitor - in human plasmaXavier Delavenne
Laboratory of Pharmacology and Toxicology, University Hospital, F 42055 Saint Etienne, France
J Pharm Biomed Anal 58:152-6. 2012..3% and accuracy was within 93.8% and 108.8% for all QC levels (5, 75 and 400 μg/L). The lower limit of quantification was 2 μg/L. Total analysis time was to 10 min including sample preparation...
- [Booster study: comparative evaluation of a new concept of elastic stockings in mild venous insufficiency]Serge Couzan
Clinique Mutualiste, Saint Etienne, France
Presse Med 38:355-61. 2009....
- Low-molecular-weight heparin (nadroparin) and very low doses of warfarin in the prevention of upper extremity thrombosis in cancer patients with indwelling long-term central venous catheters: a pilot randomized trialPatrick Mismetti
Thrombosis Research Group Clinical Pharmacology Department, University Hospital Saint Etienne, Clinique Mutualiste La Digonnière, France
Haematologica 88:67-73. 2003..Vitamin K antagonists and low-molecular-weight heparins have been recommended in this setting, but their relative benefit-to-risk ratios have never been compared...
- Optimal low-molecular-weight heparin regimen in major orthopaedic surgery. A meta-analysis of randomised trialsPaul Zufferey
Anesthesiology and Intensive Care Department, University Hospital of Saint Etienne, France
Thromb Haemost 90:654-61. 2003..03). These findings are tentative because the comparisons are across trials, but nevertheless suggest that the different LMWH regimens currently recommended are effective and safe...
- Superficial venous thrombosis and venous thromboembolism: a large, prospective epidemiologic studyHerve Decousus
University Hospital, Saint Etienne, France
Ann Intern Med 152:218-24. 2010..Superficial venous thrombosis (SVT) is perceived to have a benign prognosis...
- Tranexamic acid in hip fracture surgery: a randomized controlled trialP J Zufferey
Department of Anaesthesiology and Intensive Care, University Hospital of Saint Etienne, 42055 Saint Etienne Cedex 02, France
Br J Anaesth 104:23-30. 2010..Hip fracture surgery may be associated with substantial blood loss. This study was designed to assess the efficacy and safety of the use of tranexamic acid in hip fracture surgery for the reduction of erythrocyte transfusion...
- [Dabigatran: clinical pharmacology]P Mismetti
Groupe de Recherche sur la Thrombose, EA 3065, CIE3, CHU de Saint Etienne, Université Jean Monnet, 42 055 Saint Etienne, France
Ann Fr Anesth Reanim 28:S8-14. 2009..From this study in AF patients, a dose regimen of 150 mg bid has been chosen to be evaluated for the treatment of VTE. No strong signal for a potential liver toxicity was shown during these studies...
- Poor anticoagulant response to tissue factor pathway inhibitor in patients with venous thrombosisB Tardy-Poncet
Laboratoire d Hematologie, Hopital Nord, France
J Thromb Haemost 1:507-10. 2003..7% of controls and in 11.0% of patients. TFPI resistance was associated with an almost threefold increase in the risk of thrombosis and could therefore represent a novel hemostatic risk factor for venous thrombosis...
- Investigation of PK-PD drug-drug interaction between acenocoumarol and amoxicillin plus clavulanic acidX Delavenne
Faculte de Medecine, Université Jean Monnet, EA3065, Saint Etienne, France
Fundam Clin Pharmacol 23:127-35. 2009..No covariate, including antibiotic treatment effect, significantly affected PT. Drug-drug interaction was demonstrated at the PK level, without any PD corollary...
- [Is very old age a prognostic factor for outcome after a first stroke?]P Calmels
Service de Medecine Physique et de Readaptation, Hopital Bellevue, CHU de Saint Etienne, 42055 Saint Etienne Cedex 02, France
Ann Readapt Med Phys 48:675-81. 2005..To determine whether very old age, older than 80 years, after a stroke is a significant predictor of mortality, orientation to a specific care pathway after the acute phase and functional status at 6 months after the stroke...
- Lipoprotein (a), birth weight and neonatal strokeCyrille Renaud
Groupe de Recherche sur la Thrombose, EA 3065, Université Saint Etienne, Saint Etienne, France
Neonatology 98:225-8. 2010..Elevated lipoprotein (Lp) (a) is the most common genetically determined risk factor found in babies with perinatal ischemic stroke. The influence of maternal Lp(a) has not been studied extensively to date...
- Do antifibrinolytics reduce allogeneic blood transfusion in orthopedic surgery?Paul Zufferey
Department of Anesthesiology and Intensive Care and EA3065, Thrombosis Research Group, University Hospital of Saint Etienne, Saint Etienne, France
Anesthesiology 105:1034-46. 2006..Although the results suggest that aprotinin and tranexamic acid significantly reduce allogeneic erythrocyte transfusion, further evaluation of safety is required before recommending the use of antifibrinolytics in orthopedic surgery...
- Ultra-performance LC MS/MS method for quantification of clopidogrel active metaboliteXavier Delavenne
Laboratory of Pharmacology and Toxicology, University Hospital, Saint Etienne, France
J Sep Sci 33:1968-72. 2010..The present method was successfully applied to a clopidogrel active metabolite pharmacokinetic study following oral administration to healthy volunteers...
- [Meta-analyses or megatrials: same level of proof?]Patrick Mismetti
Unite de Pharmacologie Clinique, Service de Médecine Interne et Thérapeutique, EA3065, CIE3, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire, Saint Etienne
Presse Med 36:524-30. 2007..Prospective meta-analyses or those planned before clinical trials can help to limit data heterogeneity by making study protocols less varied (treatment, follow-up, evaluation, etc.)...
- Cystatin C-based equations in renal transplantation: moving toward a better glomerular filtration rate prediction?Nicolas Maillard
Service de Nephrologie, Dialyse, Transplantation Renale, Laboratoires d Explorations Fonctionnelles Rénales, Saint Etienne, France
Transplantation 85:1855-8. 2008..95, 95% CI 0.91-1) than for the MDRD equation (0.76, 95% CI 0.67-0.85). These data confirm that cystatin C as a GFR marker offers significant advantages over creatinine in renal transplantation...
- Anti-factor Xa activity of enoxaparin administered at prophylactic dosage to patients over 75 years oldA Berges
Clinical Pharmacology Department, Thrombosis Research Group EA3065, University Hospital of Saint Etienne, Saint Etienne, France
Br J Clin Pharmacol 64:428-38. 2007..The PROPHRE.75 study was conducted to estimate the distribution parameters of anti-Xa activity in the elderly...
- [Rivaroxaban: clinical pharmacology]P Mismetti
Groupe de Recherche sur la Thrombose, EA 3065 CIE3, Unite de recherche clinique, de l innovation et de Pharmacologie, CHU de Saint Etienne, Université Jean Monnet, 42055 Saint Etienne, France
Ann Fr Anesth Reanim 27:S16-21. 2008..No strong signal for a potential liver toxicity was shown during these 6 phases II...
- Meta-analysis of low molecular weight heparin in the prevention of venous thromboembolism in general surgeryP Mismetti
Thrombosis Research Group, Clinical Pharmacology Unit, University Hospital, Saint-Etienne and Medibridge Clinical Research, Velizy, France
Br J Surg 88:913-30. 2001..LMWH seems to be as effective and safe as UFH. Determination of the optimal dose regimen of LMWH for this indication requires further investigation...
- Population pharmacokinetic of nadroparin calcium (Fraxiparine) in children hospitalised for open heart surgeryS Laporte
Clinical Pharmacology Unit, Thrombosis Research Group, University Hospital Saint Etienne Bellevue, F 42055 Saint Etienne cedex 02, France
Eur J Pharm Sci 8:119-25. 1999..The inter-individual variability (expressed in coefficient of variation) of these parameters are high, especially with regard to the apparent volume (92%), but no other available covariate was found to explain this variability...
- Thrombosis prophylaxis in cancer patients with a central venous catheterSilvy Laporte
Arch Intern Med 164:459; author reply 459-60. 2004
- The location of deep-vein thrombosis as a predictive factor for recurrence and cancer discovery after proximal deep-vein thrombosisSilvy Laporte
Haematologica 88:ELT08. 2003
- Thromboprophylaxis in acute medical patients: need for an implementation strategyPatrick Mismetti
Haematologica 87:673-5. 2002
- Prognostic factors in acute respiratory distress syndrome: a retrospective multivariate analysis including prone positioning in management strategyChristophe Venet
Polyvalent Intensive Care Unit, Bellevue University Hospital, 42055, Saint Etienne Cedex 2, France
Intensive Care Med 29:1435-41. 2003..To investigate the prognostic factors in acute respiratory distress syndrome (ARDS) patients focusing on the use of prone positioning (PP)...
- Pharmacology of cytotoxic agents: a helpful tool for building dose adjustment guidelines in the elderlyBrigitte Tranchand
Centre Léon Bérard EA Therapeutic Targeting in Oncology, Lyon, France
Crit Rev Oncol Hematol 48:199-214. 2003..The so-called "population modeling" approach renders such studies feasible by allowing the analysis of PK-PD relationships from sparse observational data...
- Intravenous thrombolytic therapy in patients with phlegmasia caerulea dolensBernard Tardy
Haematologica 91:281-2. 2006..Intravenous thrombolysis should be seriously considered in patients with PCD...