- GAL4-GFP enhancer trap lines for genetic manipulation of lateral root development in Arabidopsis thalianaLaurent Laplaze
UMR 1098, Institut de Recherche pour le Developpement, 911 Avenue Agropolis, F 34394 Montpellier Cedex 5, France
J Exp Bot 56:2433-42. 2005..These results suggest that the lateral-root-specific GAL4 expression pattern in J0192 is due to a strong enhancer in the promoter of the LOB-domain protein gene LBD16...
- Cytokinins act directly on lateral root founder cells to inhibit root initiationLaurent Laplaze
Institut de Recherche pour le Developpement, Unité Mixte de Recherche Diversité et Adaptation des Plantes Cultivées, AGRO M, Universite Montpellier 2, Equipe Rhizogenèse, France
Plant Cell 19:3889-900. 2007..We observed that cytokinins perturb the expression of PIN genes in lateral root founder cells and prevent the formation of an auxin gradient that is required to pattern lateral root primordia...
- SymRK defines a common genetic basis for plant root endosymbioses with arbuscular mycorrhiza fungi, rhizobia, and FrankiabacteriaHassen Gherbi
Equipe Rhizogenèse, Unité Mixte de Recherche Diversité et Adaptation des Plantes Cultivées DIAPC, Institut de recherche pour le developpement IRD, 911 Avenue Agropolis, 34394 Montpellier Cedex 5, France
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 105:4928-32. 2008..Taken together, our results demonstrate that SymRK functions as a vital component of the genetic basis for both plant-fungal and plant-bacterial endosymbioses and is conserved between legumes and actinorhiza-forming Fagales...
- Auxin influx activity is associated with Frankia infection during actinorhizal nodule formation in Casuarina glaucaBenjamin Peret
Unité Mixte de Recherche Diversité et Adaptation des Plantes Cultivées, Equipe Rhizogenèse, 34394 Montpellier Cedex 5, France
Plant Physiol 144:1852-62. 2007..We observed that CgAUX1 was expressed in plant cells infected by Frankia throughout the course of actinorhizal nodule formation. Our data suggest that auxin plays an important role during plant cell infection in actinorhizal symbioses...
- Functional analysis of the metallothionein gene cgMT1 isolated from the actinorhizal tree Casuarina glaucaMariana Obertello
Groupe Rhizogénèse Symbiotique, UMR 1098, IRD Institut de Recherche pour le D6veloppement, 911 Avenue Agropolis, BP 5045, 34394 Montpellier Cedex 5, France
Mol Plant Microbe Interact 20:1231-40. 2007..campestris. These results suggest that cgMT1 could play a role during the oxidative response linked to biotic and abiotic stresses...
- Infection-related activation of the cg12 promoter is conserved between actinorhizal and legume-rhizobia root nodule symbiosisSergio Svistoonoff
Unité Mixte de Recherche 1098, Institut de Recherche pour le Developpement, BP 64501, 34394 Montpellier Cedex 5, France
Plant Physiol 136:3191-7. 2004..These results are discussed in view of recent data concerning molecular phylogeny that suggest a common evolutionary origin of all plants entering nitrogen-fixing root nodule symbioses...
- Auxin carriers localization drives auxin accumulation in plant cells infected by Frankia in Casuarina glauca actinorhizal nodulesFrancine Perrine-Walker
UMR DIAPC, Institut de Recherche pour le Developpement, Montpellier Cedex 5, France
Plant Physiol 154:1372-80. 2010..Our results indicate that the plant actively restricts auxin accumulation to Frankia-infected cells during the symbiotic interaction...
- Lateral root development in Arabidopsis: fifty shades of auxinJulien Lavenus
Institut de recherche pour le developpement IRD, UMR DIADE IRD UM2, 911 Avenue Agropolis, 34394 Montpellier Cedex 5, France
Trends Plant Sci 18:450-8. 2013..Here, we review what has been learnt about the myriad roles of auxin during lateral root formation in Arabidopsis. ..
- Expressed sequence-tag analysis in Casuarina glauca actinorhizal nodule and rootValerie Hocher
UMR 1098, Institut de recherche pour le developpement IRD, BP 64501, 911 Avenue Agropolis, 34394 Montpellier Cedex 5, France
New Phytol 169:681-8. 2006..We consider our database to be a flexible tool that can be used for the management of EST data from other actinorhizal symbioses...
- cg12 expression is specifically linked to infection of root hairs and cortical cells during Casuarina glauca and Allocasuarina verticillata actinorhizal nodule developmentSergio Svistoonoff
Equipe Rhizogenèse, UMR 1098, Institut de Recherche pour le Developpement, BP 64501, 34394 Montpellier Cedex 5, France
Mol Plant Microbe Interact 16:600-7. 2003..None of these treatments was able to induce its expression, therefore suggesting that cg12 expression is linked to plant cell infection by Frankia strains. Possible roles of cg12 in actinorhizal symbiosis are discussed...
- Comparison of four constitutive promoters for the expression of transgenes in the tropical nitrogen-fixing tree Allocasuarina verticillataMariana Obertello
Groupe Rhizogénèse Symbiotique, UMR 1098, IRD Institut de Recherche pour le Developpement, 911 Avenue Agropolis, BP 5045, 34394 Montpellier Cedex 5, France
Plant Cell Rep 24:540-8. 2005..In contrast, the UBQ1 promoter was very poorly expressed and appeared unsuitable for A. verticillata. We also showed that none of the promoters studied were active in the nodule infected cells, whatever the developmental stage studied...
- Lead tolerance and accumulation in Hirschfeldia incana, a Mediterranean Brassicaceae from metalliferous mine spoilsFlorence Auguy
Institut de Recherche pour le Developpement, Unité Mixte de Recherche Diversité Adaptation et Développement des Plantes, Montpellier, France
PLoS ONE 8:e61932. 2013..H. incana could be considered as a good experimental model to identify genes involved in lead tolerance and accumulation in plants...
- The dicot root as a model system for studying organogenesisJulien Lavenus
Universite Montpellier 2, UMR DIADE, IRD, Montpellier, France
Methods Mol Biol 959:45-67. 2013..In this chapter we describe the conceptual and technical advantages that support lateral root development as a good model system for studying organogenesis in plants...
- An auxin transport-based model of root branching in Arabidopsis thalianaMikael Lucas
IRD, UMR DIAPC INRA IRD Montpellier SupAgro UM2, Equipe Rhizogenèse, Montpellier, France
PLoS ONE 3:e3673. 2008..This suggests that root branching is controlled by mechanisms of lateral inhibition due to a competition between initiation and development/emergence for auxin...
- Rhizobial root hair infection requires auxin signalingLaurent Laplaze
Institut de Recherche pour le Developpement, UMR Diversité Adaptation et Développement des plantes DIADE, 911 Avenue Agropolis, 34394 Montpellier Cedex 5, France Laboratoire mixte international Adaptation des Plantes et microorganismes associés aux Stress Environnementaux LAPSE, Centre de Recherche de Bel Air, Dakar, BP 1386, Senegal Laboratoire Commun de Microbiologie IRD ISRA UCAD, Centre de Recherche de Bel Air, Dakar, BP 1386, Sénégal Electronic address
Trends Plant Sci 20:332-4. 2015..A recent study by A. Breakspear et al. sheds new light on the mechanisms involved in rhizobial infection of their host root hair during symbiosis establishment and reveals a new role for auxin signaling in this process. ..
- Inhibition of auxin signaling in Frankia species-infected cells in Casuarina glauca nodules leads to increased nodulationAntony Champion
Institut de Recherche pour le Developpement, Unité Mixte de Recherche Diversité Adaptation et Développement des Plantes, Universite Montpellier 2, F 34394 Montpellier Cedex 5, France A C, M L, A T, V V, A C, I D, H P, D M, E P, J B, H G, C F, V H, S S, L L andLaboratoire Mixte International Adaptation des Plantes et Microorganismes Associés aux Stress Environnementaux A C, M L, A T, A C, I D, H P, D M, E P, M C, J B, H G, C F, V H, S S, Tokyo
Plant Physiol 167:1149-57. 2015..Our results suggest that auxin signaling in Frankia spp.-infected cells is involved in the long-distance regulation of nodulation in actinorhizal symbioses. ..
- Diarch symmetry of the vascular bundle in Arabidopsis root encompasses the pericycle and is reflected in distich lateral root initiationBoris Parizot
Department of Plant Biology and Environmental Microbiology, The Institute of Environmental Biology and Biotechnology, Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique, Universite Aix Marseille, Saint Paul lez Durance, France
Plant Physiol 146:140-8. 2008..Taken together, our data show that the pericycle is a heterogeneous cell layer with two groups of cells set up in the root meristem by the same genetic pathway controlling the diarch organization of the vasculature...
- The promoter of a metallothionein-like gene from the tropical tree Casuarina glauca is active in both annual dicotyledonous and monocotyledonous plantsNour Ahmadi
Calim and Biotrop Programmes, CIRAD, Avenue Agropolis, 34398 Montpellier Cedex 5, France
Transgenic Res 12:271-81. 2003..These results suggest that PcgMT1 is potentially useful in molecular breeding to express genes of interest whose products are preferentially needed in roots...
- Marking cell lineages in living tissuesSmita Kurup
Department of Plant Sciences, University of Cambridge, Cambridge, CB2 3EA, UK
Plant J 42:444-53. 2005..The system shows great promise for the detailed study of cell division during morphogenesis...
- Armadillo-related proteins promote lateral root development in ArabidopsisJuliet C Coates
School of Biosciences, University of Birmingham, Edgbaston, Birmingham B15 2TT, United Kingdom
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 103:1621-6. 2006..We suggest that ARABIDILLO proteins may target an inhibitor of lateral root development for degradation and propose that Arabidopsis beta-catenin-related proteins define a previously uncharacterized pathway that promotes root branching...
- Auxin-dependent regulation of lateral root positioning in the basal meristem of ArabidopsisIve De Smet
Department of Plant Systems Biology, Flanders Interuniversity Institute for Biotechnology VIB, Ghent University, Technologiepark 927, B 9052 Gent, Belgium
Development 134:681-90. 2007..Third, auxin signaling in the basal meristem triggers pericycle cells for lateral root initiation prior to the action of INDOLE-3-ACETIC ACID14 (SOLITARY ROOT)...
- Time of day modulates low-temperature Ca signals in ArabidopsisAntony N Dodd
Department of Plant Sciences, University of Cambridge, Downing Street, Cambridge CB2 3EA, UK
Plant J 48:962-73. 2006....
- The auxin influx carrier LAX3 promotes lateral root emergenceKamal Swarup
School of Biosciences and Centre for Plant Integrative Biology, University of Nottingham, LE12 5RD, UK
Nat Cell Biol 10:946-54. 2008..Increased LAX3 activity reinforces the auxin-dependent induction of a selection of cell-wall-remodelling enzymes, which are likely to promote cell separation in advance of developing lateral root primordia...
- Root growth in Arabidopsis requires gibberellin/DELLA signalling in the endodermisSusana Ubeda-Tomas
Centre for Plant Integrative Biology, University of Nottingham, Loughborough, LE12 5RD, UK
Nat Cell Biol 10:625-8. 2008..Our results demonstrate that the endodermis represents the primary GA-responsive tissue regulating organ growth and that endodermal cell expansion is rate-limiting for elongation of other tissues and therefore of the root as a whole...
- Symbiotic and non-symbiotic expression of cgMT1, a metallothionein-like gene from the actinorhizal tree Casuarina glaucaLaurent Laplaze
Department of Plant Sciences, University of Cambridge, UK
Plant Mol Biol 49:81-92. 2002..In situ hybridization indicated that in nodules cgMT1 transcript is present in mature Frankia-infected cells and in the pericycle. Possible roles for cgMT1 in symbiotic and nonsymbiotic tissues are discussed...