Genomes and Genes
- Role of metal oxide nanoparticles in histopathological changes observed in the lung of weldersPascal Andujar
Centre Hospitalier Intercommunal de Creteil, Service de Pneumologie et de Pathologie Professionnelle, 94000 Creteil, France
Part Fibre Toxicol 11:23. 2014..The aim of this study was to evaluate if welding fume-issued NP could be responsible, at least partially, in the lung alterations observed in welders...
- Critical role of surface chemical modifications induced by length shortening on multi-walled carbon nanotubes-induced toxicityCyrill Bussy
INSERM U955, Équipe 04, Créteil F 94000, France
Part Fibre Toxicol 9:46. 2012....
- Comparative toxicity of 24 manufactured nanoparticles in human alveolar epithelial and macrophage cell linesSophie Lanone
INSERM, unité 700, Paris, France Université Paris 7, Faculte de Medecine, site X, Bichat, Paris, France, and INSERM, Unite U955, Creteil, F 94010, France Université Paris 12, Faculte de Medecine, Creteil, F 94010, France
Part Fibre Toxicol 6:14. 2009..abstract:..
- Titanium dioxide nanoparticles induce matrix metalloprotease 1 in human pulmonary fibroblasts partly via an interleukin-1β-dependent mechanismLucie Armand
Unité Inserm 955, Equipe 4, Faculté de Médecine de Créteil, 8, rue du Général Sarrail, 94000 Creteil, France
Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol 48:354-63. 2013..Taken together, our results show that TiO2 NPs are potent inducers and regulators of MMP-1 expression and activity, partly via an IL-1β-dependent mechanism. This may explain TiO2 lung remodeling effects...
- Intratracheally administered titanium dioxide or carbon black nanoparticles do not aggravate elastase-induced pulmonary emphysema in ratsAgnès Roulet
INSERM U955, Equipe 4, Creteil 94000, France
BMC Pulm Med 12:38. 2012..The aim of this study was to evaluate whether pulmonary administration of TiO₂ or CB NPs in rats could induce and/or aggravate elastase-induced emphysema, and to investigate the underlying molecular mechanisms...
- Biological effects of particles from the paris subway systemRafik Bachoual
INSERM, U700 Université Paris 7 Denis Diderot, site Bichat, and Biochimie B, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Hopital Bichat, Paris, France
Chem Res Toxicol 20:1426-33. 2007..PM from the Paris subway system has transient biological effects. Further studies are needed to better understand the pathophysiological implications of these findings...
- Bilirubin decreases nos2 expression via inhibition of NAD(P)H oxidase: implications for protection against endotoxic shock in ratsSophie Lanone
INSERM U 700 and U 683, Faculte de Medecine Xavier Bichat, Universite Paris VII, Paris, France
FASEB J 19:1890-2. 2005..These findings indicate that bilirubin can act as an effective agent to reduce mortality and counteract hypotension elicited by endotoxin through mechanisms involving a decreased NOS2 induction secondary to inhibition of NAD(P)H oxidase...
- Heme oxygenase-1 prevents airway mucus hypersecretion induced by cigarette smoke in rodents and humansAbdelhamid Almolki
INSERM U700, Universite Paris 7, Paris, France
Am J Pathol 173:981-92. 2008..7% versus 8.6%, P = 0.047). No such results were observed in those who had never smoked (n = 297). We conclude that HO-1 has a significant protective effect against airway mucus hypersecretion in animals and humans exposed to CS...
- Coating carbon nanotubes with a polystyrene-based polymer protects against pulmonary toxicityLyes Tabet
INSERM U, Creteil, France
Part Fibre Toxicol 8:3. 2011....
- A comparative transmission electron microscopy study of titanium dioxide and carbon black nanoparticles uptake in human lung epithelial and fibroblast cell linesEsther Belade
INSERM, U955, Créteil F 94000, France
Toxicol In Vitro 26:57-66. 2012..However, TiO(2) aggregates had a higher size than CB aggregates. Intracellular MNP accumulation was dissociated from cytotoxicity. These results suggest that cellular uptake of MNPs is a common phenomenon occurring in various cell types...
- Diesel exhaust particles induce matrix metalloprotease-1 in human lung epithelial cells via a NADP(H) oxidase/NOX4 redox-dependent mechanismNadia Amara
Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale U700, Paris, France
Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol 293:L170-81. 2007..We conclude that alveolar alterations secondary to MMP-1 induction could explain lung function impairment associated with exposure to particulate pollution...
- Diaphragmatic fatigue during sepsis and septic shockSophie Lanone
INSERM U 700 and IFR 02, Faculte Xavier Bichat, 16 rue Henri Huchard, 75018, Paris, France
Intensive Care Med 31:1611-7. 2005
- Activation of the ubiquitin proteolytic pathway in human septic heart and diaphragmChristophe Rabuel
Department of Anesthesiology and Critical Care Medicine, Lariboisiere Hospital, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Paris, France
Cardiovasc Pathol 19:158-64. 2010....
- Determinants of carbon nanotube toxicitySophie Lanone
INSERM U955, Equipe 4, Creteil 94000, France Université Paris Est, Faculte de Medecine, Creteil 94000, France Centre Hospitalier Intercommunal, Service de pneumologie et pathologie professionnelle, Creteil 94000, France
Adv Drug Deliv Rev 65:2063-9. 2013....
- Intracellular fate of carbon nanotubes inside murine macrophages: pH-dependent detachment of iron catalyst nanoparticlesCyrill Bussy
Inserm U955 Équipe 4, Faculte de Medecine, 8 rue du General Sarrail, 94010 Creteil, France
Part Fibre Toxicol 10:24. 2013..Therefore, the overall aim of our study was to investigate the fate of pristine single walled CNT (SWCNT) after their internalization by macrophages...
- Respiratory toxicities of nanomaterials -- a focus on carbon nanotubesJorge Boczkowski
INSERM U955, Equipe 4, Creteil, 94000, France
Adv Drug Deliv Rev 64:1694-9. 2012....
- Role of nitric oxide synthases in elastase-induced emphysemaLaurent Boyer
INSERM, Unite U955, Creteil, France
Lab Invest 91:353-62. 2011..In conclusion, in the elastase-injured lung, iNOS mediates protein nitration in alveolar type 2 cells and alleviates oxidative injury. Neither eNOS nor iNOS are required for the development of elastase-induced emphysema...
- Induction of heme oxygenase-1 inhibits NAD(P)H oxidase activity by down-regulating cytochrome b558 expression via the reduction of heme availabilityCamille Taillé
INSERM, Unité 408, Institut Federatif de Recherche 02, Faculte de Medecine Xavier Bichat, 75018 Paris, France
J Biol Chem 279:28681-8. 2004..This study provides a new mechanism to explain HO-1 anti-oxidant properties...
- Adverse effects of industrial multiwalled carbon nanotubes on human pulmonary cellsLyes Tabet
INSERM, Unite 700 and Universite Paris 7, Faculte de Medecine, Paris, France
J Toxicol Environ Health A 72:60-73. 2009..In conclusion, this study demonstrates that MWCNT produced for industrial purposes exert adverse effects without being internalized by human epithelial and mesothelial pulmonary cell lines...
- Biomedical applications and potential health risks of nanomaterials: molecular mechanismsSophie Lanone
INSERM U700, Universite Paris 7, Faculte de Medecine, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Hopital Bichat, Cedex 18, France
Curr Mol Med 6:651-63. 2006..It is clear that, in regard to the almost empty field of what is known on the subject, there's an urge to better understand biological effects of nanomaterials, which will allow their safe use, in particular in the nanomedicine field...