- Prevalence of pre-existing resistance-associated mutations to rilpivirine, emtricitabine and tenofovir in antiretroviral-naive patients infected with B and non-B subtype HIV-1 virusesS Lambert-Niclot
APHP, Hopital Pitie Salpetriere, Laboratoire de Virologie, UPMC Univ Paris 06, INSERM U 943, Paris, France
J Antimicrob Chemother 68:1237-42. 2013..The prevalence of rilpivirine, emtricitabine and tenofovir resistance-associated mutations (RAMs), described in vitro and in vivo, was determined in antiretroviral-naive patients...
- Impact of lopinavir/ritonavir use on antiretroviral resistance in recent clinical practiceSidonie Lambert-Niclot
AP HP, Pitie Salpetriere Hospital, INSERM U943 and Pierre et Marie Curie University, Paris, France
J Antimicrob Chemother 67:2487-93. 2012..Virological failures of lopinavir/ritonavir and their effects on the resistance to protease inhibitors and reverse transcriptase inhibitors were evaluated in protease inhibitor-experienced patients...
- Similar evolution of cellular HIV-1 DNA level in darunavir/ritonavir monotherapy versus triple therapy in MONOI-ANRS136 trial over 96 weeksSidonie Lambert-Niclot
AP HP, Pitie Salpetriere Hospital, INSERM U 943 and Pierre et Marie Curie University Paris, Paris, France
PLoS ONE 7:e41390. 2012..Our objectives were to study the impact of 96 weeks of Darunavir/ritonavir monotherapy versus a triple standard combination on the HIV-1 blood reservoir and factors associated with HIV-1 plasma DNA at baseline in MONOI trial sub-study...
- Resistant minority species are rarely observed in patients on darunavir/ritonavir monotherapySidonie Lambert-Niclot
AP HP, Pitie Salpetriere Hospital, INSERM U 943 and Pierre et Marie Curie University, Paris, France
J Antimicrob Chemother 67:1470-4. 2012....
- Detection of HIV-1 RNA in seminal plasma samples from treated patients with undetectable HIV-1 RNA in blood plasma on a 2002-2011 surveySidonie Lambert-Niclot
Laboratoire de Virologie, APHP, Hopital Pitie Salpetriere, Paris, France
AIDS 26:971-5. 2012..We also searched for an association between HIV-1 RNA seminal viral load, HIV-1 RNA plasma viral load measured by ultrasensitive assay, and blood HIV-1 DNA in a subgroup of 98 patients...
- Factors associated with the selection of mutations conferring resistance to protease inhibitors (PIs) in PI-experienced patients displaying treatment failure on darunavirSidonie Lambert-Niclot
Department of Virology, Pitie Salpetriere Hospital, 83 Boulevard de l hopital, Paris 75013, France
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 52:491-6. 2008..TPV susceptibility does not seem to be affected by the selection of a DRV resistance mutation...
- Factors associated with virological failure in HIV-1-infected patients receiving darunavir/ritonavir monotherapySidonie Lambert-Niclot
Department of Virology and Infectious Diseases, AP HP, Pitie Salpetriere Hospital, INSERM U 943 and Pierre et Marie Curie University, Paris, France
J Infect Dis 204:1211-6. 2011..Our objective was to determine virological and clinical characteristics associated with virological failure in human immunodeficiency virus (HIV)-infected patients switching to darunavir/ritonavir (DRV/r) monotherapy...
- Effect of antiretroviral drugs on the quality of semenSidonie Lambert-Niclot
UPMC Pierre et Marie Curie University, Paris, France
J Med Virol 83:1391-4. 2011..NRTIs and PIs were not associated with any semen changes. Nevirapine was associated with a better quality of semen versus efavirenz. It would be of interest to validate, improve and test our penetration score in a prospective study...
- Pharmacokinetics, protein-binding-adjusted inhibitory quotients for atazanavir/ritonavir 300/100 mg in treatment-naïve HIV-infected patientsS Lambert-Niclot
INSERM U943, AP HP, Hopital Pitie Salpetriere, Universite Pierre et Marie Curie, Paris, France
HIV Med 11:666-9. 2010..The objective of this study was to explore the virological response when combination atazanavir/ritonavir was administered to treatment-naı¨ve patients...
- Impact of gag mutations on selection of darunavir resistance mutations in HIV-1 proteaseSidonie Lambert-Niclot
UPMC Univ Paris 06, EA 2387, F 75005, Paris, France
J Antimicrob Chemother 62:905-8. 2008..To search for genetic factors in the protease and gag regions (NC-p1/TFP-p6/p6pol) involved in selection of darunavir resistance mutations...
- Mutations associated with virological response to darunavir/ritonavir in HIV-1-infected protease inhibitor-experienced patientsDiane Descamps
AP HP, Groupe Hospitalier Bichat Claude Bernard and Université Denis Diderot Paris 7, Laboratoire de Virologie, Paris, France
J Antimicrob Chemother 63:585-92. 2009..The aim of the study was to identify a pattern of protease gene mutations associated with the virological response to darunavir/ritonavir-based regimens...
- Evolution of the K65R, K103N and M184V/I reverse transcriptase mutations in HIV-1-infected patients experiencing virological failure between 2005 and 2010Charlotte Charpentier
Laboratoire de Virologie, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris AP HP, Groupe Hospitalier Bichat Claude Bernard, HUPNVS, Universite Paris Diderot, Paris 7, PRES Sorbonne Paris Cité, EA4409, 75018 Paris, France
J Antimicrob Chemother 68:2197-8. 2013..To assess the prevalence of the K65R, K103N and M184V/I resistance mutations in the reverse transcriptase (RT) region in HIV-1-infected patients failing antiretroviral-based regimens between the years 2005 and 2010...
- Historical HIV-RNA resistance test results are more informative than proviral DNA genotyping in cases of suppressed or residual viraemiaMarc Wirden
Department of Virology, Pitie Salpetriere Hospital, 83 bvd de l Hôpital, 75013 Paris, France
J Antimicrob Chemother 66:709-12. 2011..Analyses of proviral HIV-DNA can provide information about the viral reservoir, because integrated DNA reflects both actively and latently infected cells...
- Low frequency of intermittent HIV-1 semen excretion in patients treated with darunavir-ritonavir at 600/100 milligrams twice a day plus two nucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitors or monotherapySidonie Lambert-Niclot
Department of Virology, Pitie Salpetriere Hospital, 83 Boulevard de l hopital, Paris, France
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 54:4910-3. 2010..The median darunavir seminal plasma concentration was close to the blood plasma free fraction, demonstrating a good penetration of darunavir into the male genital tract...
- Detection of HIV-1 RNA in seminal plasma samples from treated patients with undetectable HIV-1 RNA in blood plasmaAnne Genevieve Marcelin
UPMC Univ Paris 06, EA 2387, Paris, France
AIDS 22:1677-9. 2008..This result justifies measuring HIV-1 RNA in semen before the ART process and suggests that a residual risk of transmission has to be mentioned to the patients who would like to have unprotected sexual intercourse...
- Positive impact of HIV-1 gag cleavage site mutations on the virological response to darunavir boosted with ritonavirLucile Larrouy
AP HP, Groupe Hospitalier Bichat Claude Bernard, Laboratoire de Virologie, 75018 Paris, France
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 55:1754-7. 2011..028). Our results suggest that a specific gag CSM might have a role on protease inhibitor susceptibility in an inhibitor-specific manner...
- Efficacy of darunavir/ritonavir maintenance monotherapy in patients with HIV-1 viral suppression: a randomized open-label, noninferiority trial, MONOI-ANRS 136Christine Katlama
INSERM UMR S 943 and University Pierre and Marie Curie UPMC Paris VI, Paris, France
AIDS 24:2365-74. 2010..Darunavir/ritonavir (darunavir/r) maintenance strategy, in patients with suppressed HIV RNA viremia, is a potential long-term strategy to avoid nucleoside analogue toxicities and to reduce costs...
- Antiretroviral combinations implicated in emergence of the L74I and L74V resistance mutations in HIV-1-infected patientsMarc Wirden
Department of Virology, Pitie Salpetriere Hospital, Paris, France
AIDS 23:95-9. 2009..This lack of knowledge has led to contradictory and confusing attitudes to L74I; although this mutation is not listed by the International AIDS Society - USA, it is increasingly included in several resistance algorithms...
- Antiretroviral-Experienced HIV-1-Infected Patients Treated with Maraviroc: Factors Associated with Virological ResponseCathia Soulie
1 Sorbonne Universités, UPMC Université Paris 06 UMR_S 1136 Pierre Louis Institute of Epidemiology and Public Health, Paris, France
AIDS Res Hum Retroviruses 31:475-8. 2015..The factors associated with VR were higher baseline CD4 cell count in univariate analysis and lower baseline VL in multivariate analysis. ..
- Differential impact of APOBEC3-driven mutagenesis on HIV evolution in diverse anatomical compartmentsSlim Fourati
aInserm UMR S 943 bVirology Department cInfectious Disease Department dInternal Medicine Department, Pitie Salpetriere Hospital eUniversité Pierre and Marie Curie fInserm UMR S945 gAP HP hImmunology Department, Pitie Salpetriere Hospital, Paris, France
AIDS 28:487-91. 2014..Such HIV variation is a result of a combination of factors including high replication and mutation rates, recombination, and APOBEC3-host selective pressure...
- Description of the L76V resistance protease mutation in HIV-1 B and "non-B" subtypesCharlotte Charpentier
Laboratoire de Virologie, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris AP HP, Groupe Hospitalier Bichat Claude Bernard, HUPNVS, Universite Paris Diderot, Paris 7, PRES Sorbonne Paris Cité, EA4409, Paris, France
PLoS ONE 8:e54381. 2013..To describe the prevalence of the L76V protease inhibitors resistance-associated mutation (PI-RAM) in relation with patients' characteristics and protease genotypic background in HIV-1 B- and "non-B"-infected patients...
- Switching to darunavir/ritonavir 800/100 mg once-daily containing regimen maintains virological control in fully suppressed pre-treated patients infected with HIV-1Jade Ghosn
APHP, Department of Internal Medicine, Bicetre University Hospital, Le Kremlin Bicetre, France
J Med Virol 85:8-15. 2013..2 hr. Tolerability of once-daily darunavir/r 800/100 mg was excellent. Optimally suppressed, treatment-experienced patients can switch safely from a twice-daily PI/r regimen to a once-daily darunavir/r 800/100 mg containing regimen...
- Factors associated with a low HIV reservoir in patients with prolonged suppressive antiretroviral therapySlim Fourati
INSERM UMR S 943, Paris, France
J Antimicrob Chemother 69:753-6. 2014..The objective of this study was to determine factors that influence the establishment of low-level HIV DNA in long-term treated patients (excluding treatment since acute infection)...
- Direct quantification of cell-associated HIV DNA in isolated rectal and blood memory CD4 T cells revealed their similar and low infection levels in long-term treated HIV-infected patientsBenjamin Descours
UPMC University Paris 06, INSERM, UMRs945, AP HP, Hopital Pitie Salpetriere, Laboratoire d Immunologie Cellulaire et Tissulaire, Paris, France
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 62:255-9. 2013....
- Primary genotypic resistance of HIV-1 to CCR5 antagonists in CCR5 antagonist treatment-naive patientsCathia Soulie
UMPC Université Paris 06, Paris, France
AIDS 22:2212-4. 2008..The V3 loop region was rather polymorphic, and 7.3% of patients showed viruses with combinations of mutations in V3 loop previously described to be involved in maraviroc resistance, a licensed CCR5 antagonist...
- Genetic barrier for attachment inhibitor BMS-626529 resistance in HIV-1 B and non-B subtypesDjeneba B Fofana
Sorbonne Universités, UPMC Univ Paris 06, UMR_S 1136, Institut Pierre Louis d Epidémiologie et de Santé Publique, F 75013 Paris, France INSERM, UMR_S 1136, Institut Pierre Louis d Epidémiologie et de Santé Publique, F 75013 Paris, France AP HP, Hopital Pitie Salpetriere, Service de Virologie, F 75013 Paris, France
J Antimicrob Chemother 70:130-5. 2015..The genetic barrier for the new attachment inhibitor BMS-626529 was evaluated in five HIV-1 subtypes...
- HIV-1 genome is often defective in PBMCs and rectal tissues after long-term HAART as a result of APOBEC3 editing and correlates with the size of reservoirsSlim Fourati
Université Pierre et Marie Curie Paris, 4 place Jussieu, Paris, France
J Antimicrob Chemother 67:2323-6. 2012..Precise characterization of viruses present in reservoirs in long-term pretreated patients will be a major issue to consider in the context of viral eradication. We assessed the frequency of defective viruses present in cellular reservoirs...
- Low frequency of HIV-1 tropism evolution in patients successfully treated for at least 2 yearsCathia Soulie
Université Pierre et Marie Curie Paris, UMR S, France
AIDS 25:537-9. 2011..No change of virus tropism was observed in 92.9% of patients. Therefore, before the use of CCR5 antagonists, genotypic viral DNA tropism determination is an available tool...
- Presence of HIV-1 R5 viruses in cerebrospinal fluid even in patients harboring R5X4/X4 viruses in plasmaCathia Soulie
Universite Pierre et Marie Curie Paris 6, UMR S 943 Paris, F 75013 France
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 51:60-4. 2009....
- Factors associated with proviral DNA HIV-1 tropism in antiretroviral therapy-treated patients with fully suppressed plasma HIV viral load: implications for the clinical use of CCR5 antagonistsCathia Soulie
Universite Pierre et Marie Curie Paris 6, UMR S 943 Paris, F 75013, France
J Antimicrob Chemother 65:749-51. 2010..We aimed to analyse HIV-1 tropism using proviral DNA sequencing and the associated factors, in a group of patients on antiretroviral (ARV) treatment with an undetectable viral load in plasma...
- Neutrophils in antiretroviral therapy-controlled HIV demonstrate hyperactivation associated with a specific IL-17/IL-22 environmentLaure Campillo-Gimenez
Sorbonne University, UPMC University Paris 06, Paris, France INSERM, Centre d Immunologie et des Maladies Infectieuses, UMR S CR7, INSERM U1135, Paris, France
J Allergy Clin Immunol 134:1142-52.e5. 2014..PMNs play a key role in host defenses against invading microorganisms but also potentiate inflammatory reactions in cases of excessive or misdirected responses...