- [Nicotine substitution therapy: 10 years later]G Lagrue
Centre de Tabacologie, Hopital Albert Chenevier, 40 rue de Mesly F94000 Créteil
Presse Med 31:291-5. 2002..At all the stages of care, behavioural and cognitive therapy enhances the chances of success...
- [Stopping smoking and constipation]Gilbert Lagrue
Hopital Albert Chenevier, Creteil
Presse Med 35:246-8. 2006..Among the symptoms that may occur with smoking withdrawal, constipation is relatively frequent, but little studied...
- Lazabemide, a selective, reversible monoamine oxidase B inhibitor, as an aid to smoking cessationIvan Berlin
Departement de Pharmacologie, Centre Hospitalo Universitaire Pitie Salpetriere, Paris, France
Addiction 97:1347-54. 2002..This is probably due to some components of tobacco smoke. When smokers quit, MAOB activity returns to normal. Reduced MAO activity may increase nicotine's addictive potential...
- Comparison of the effects of a 24-hour nicotine patch and a 16-hour nicotine patch on smoking urges and sleepHenri Jean Aubin
Centre de Traitement des Addictions, Hôpital Emile Roux, Limeil Brevannes, France
Nicotine Tob Res 8:193-201. 2006..The present findings do not support the idea that nicotine delivery during bedtime might disturb sleep, but rather it improves restorative sleep and postwaking arousal...
- [Behavioral and cognitive therapy to break the smoking habit. Review of the literature]Bernard Le Foll
Unité de Neurobiologie et Pharmacologie Moléculaire de l INSERM, Centre Paul Broca, 2 ter, rue d Alesia, 75014 Paris, France
Ann Med Interne (Paris) 153:1S32-40. 2002..This article reviews these techniques and presents the results of a recent meta-analysis evaluating their efficacy. These results confirm the efficacy of behavioral and cognitive therapy in smoking cessation...
- Long-term exposure to nicotine modulates the level and activity of acetylcholine receptors in white blood cells of smokers and model miceAnne Cormier
Recepteurs et Cognition, Unité de REecherche Associée D1284, Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique, Institut Pasteur, Paris, France
Mol Pharmacol 66:1712-8. 2004..The phenomenon of nAChR up-regulation in WBCs provides a simple tool to evaluate and study tobacco addiction...
- [Behavioral and cognitive therapy for social phobia in a smoker]Philippe Guichenez
Centre de Tabacologie, Centre hospitalier de Béziers 34
Presse Med 35:799-800. 2006..Social phobias are associated with nicotine addiction, and treatment for them can enable the patient to stop smoking...