- Pain and pain treatment were associated with traffic accident involvement in a cohort of middle-aged workersEmmanuel Lagarde
INSERM U88, 14 rue du Val d Osne, 94410 Saint Maurice, France
J Clin Epidemiol 58:524-31. 2005..To assess the influence of medical conditions on road traffic accidents among a cohort of middle-aged workers and pensioners...
- Emotional stress and traffic accidents: the impact of separation and divorceEmmanuel Lagarde
INSERM U88, 94415 Saint Maurice, France
Epidemiology 15:762-6. 2004..Personal responses to stressful life events are suspected of increasing the risk of serious traffic accidents...
- Traffic ticket fixing and driving behaviours in a large French working populationE Lagarde
INSERM U88, IFR69, Saint Maurice cedex, France
J Epidemiol Community Health 58:562-8. 2004..This study aimed at describing risk taking driving behaviours associated in France with using connections to have traffic tickets cancelled (ticket fixing)...
- Epidemiology of HIV infection in urban Burkina FasoEmmanuel Lagarde
INSERM U88, Saint Maurice, France IFR69
Int J STD AIDS 15:395-402. 2004..30 [1.35-13.6]) and having a positive serology for HSV-2 infection (aOR =4.40 [1.32-14.6]). HIV infection in Bobo-Dioulasso therefore depends on both exposure factors (sexual behaviours) and transmissibility cofactors (HSV-2)...
- Mobility and the spread of human immunodeficiency virus into rural areas of West AfricaE Lagarde
Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale INSERM U88 IFR69, 14 rue du Val d Osne, Hopital National de Saint Maurice, 94410 Saint Maurice, France
Int J Epidemiol 32:744-52. 2003..We conducted a study in three different communities with contrasting infection levels to understand the epidemiology of HIV infection in rural West Africa...
- Acceptability of male circumcision as a tool for preventing HIV infection in a highly infected community in South AfricaEmmanuel Lagarde
INSERM U88, Saint Maurice, France
AIDS 17:89-95. 2003..Its feasibility must therefore be assessed...
- Condom use and its association with HIV/sexually transmitted diseases in four urban communities of sub-Saharan AfricaE Lagarde
INSERM U88, AP HP, A Paré, Paris, France
AIDS 15:S71-8. 2001..To estimate rates of condom use in four urban populations in sub-Saharan Africa and to assess their association with levels of HIV infection and other sexually transmitted diseases (STDs)...
- Male circumcision and HIV infection in four cities in sub-Saharan AfricaB Auvert
INSERM U88, AP HP, A Paré, France
AIDS 15:S31-40. 2001..To explore the role of male circumcision in the spread of HIV infection in four urban populations in sub-Saharan Africa...
- Educational level is associated with condom use within non-spousal partnerships in four cities of sub-Saharan AfricaE Lagarde
INSERM U88, Hopital National de Saint Maurice, France
AIDS 15:1399-408. 2001..Rates of condom use in sub-Saharan Africa have remained too low to curb HIV/sexually transmitted disease (STD) epidemics. A better understanding of the main determinants of condom use would aid promotion...
- Ecological and individual level analysis of risk factors for HIV infection in four urban populations in sub-Saharan Africa with different levels of HIV infectionB Auvert
INSERM U88, AP HP, A Paré, Saint Maurice, France
AIDS 15:S15-30. 2001..To identify factors that could explain differences in rate of spread of HIV between different regions in sub-Saharan Africa...
- Road mobility and the risk of road traffic accident as a driver. The impact of medical conditions and life eventsG Parmentier
INSERM, U687, Saint Maurice, France
Accid Anal Prev 37:1121-34. 2005....
- Religion and protective behaviours towards AIDS in rural SenegalE Lagarde
Laboratoire d Anthropologie Biologique, UMR 152, Dynamique et Santé des Populations Humaines, Museum national d histoire naturelle, Paris, France
AIDS 14:2027-33. 2000..To describe the association between religion and factors related to sexually transmitted diseases (STD)/AIDS in a country where religious leaders were involved early in prevention...
- Attitudes associated with behavioral predictors of serious road traffic crashes: results from the GAZEL cohortHermann Nabi
INSERM, Unité 687 IFR69 Cetaf, Saint Maurice, F 94415, France
Inj Prev 13:26-31. 2007..To test the hypothesis that behavioral predictors of serious road traffic crashes (RTC) are correlated with unfavorable attitudes towards traffic safety...
- Aggressive/hostile personality traits and injury accidents: an eight-year prospective study of a large cohort of French employees -- the GAZEL cohortHermann Nabi
Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale, INSERM, U687, Saint Maurice, F 94415 France
Psychol Med 36:365-73. 2006..An I-A was defined as a traffic accident in which someone was injured, that is required medical care...
- Type A behavior pattern, risky driving behaviors, and serious road traffic accidents: a prospective study of the GAZEL cohortHermann Nabi
Unité 687, Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale, 94415 aint Maurice, France
Am J Epidemiol 161:864-70. 2005..48 (95% confidence interval: 1.16, 1.90) for high-level scores relative to low TABP scores. The authors concluded that type A drivers had an increased risk of RTAs. Implications of this finding for traffic safety are discussed...
- Treponemal infection rates, risk factors and pregnancy outcome in a rural area of SenegalEmmanuel Lagarde
Institut National de Santé et de la Recherche Médicale INSERM, Unité 88, Saint Maurice, Paris, France
Int J STD AIDS 14:208-15. 2003..In conclusion our results call for more research to understand the epidemiology of treponemal infection and to elucidate types of Treponema pallidum involved...
- High rate of adverse events following circumcision of young male adults with the Tara KLamp technique: a randomised trial in South AfricaEmmanuel Lagarde
INSERM U687, IFR69, Villejuif, France
S Afr Med J 99:163-9. 2009..The Tara KLamp (TK) device has been claimed to enable circumcisions to be performed safely and easily in medical and non-medical environments. Published evaluation studies have been conducted among young children only...
- HIV infection and sexually transmitted infections among men who have sex with men in SenegalAbdoulaye Sidibe Wade
Programme National de Lutte contre le SIDA, Dakar, Senegal
AIDS 19:2133-40. 2005..No epidemiological study has been conducted on HIV and vulnerability to sexually transmitted diseases (STI) among men who have sex with men (MSM) in sub-Saharan Africa...
- Awareness of driving while sleepy and road traffic accidents: prospective study in GAZEL cohortHermann Nabi
Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale, U687 IFR69, Saint Maurice, F 94415 France
BMJ 333:75. 2006..To examine the association between self assessed driving while sleepy and the risk of serious road traffic accidents (RTAs)...
- Randomized, controlled intervention trial of male circumcision for reduction of HIV infection risk: the ANRS 1265 TrialBertran Auvert
Hopital Ambroise Pare, Assitance Publique Hôpitaux de Paris, Boulogne, France
PLoS Med 2:e298. 2005..Observational studies suggest that male circumcision may provide protection against HIV-1 infection. A randomized, controlled intervention trial was conducted in a general population of South Africa to test this hypothesis...
- Systematic screening for unsafe driving due to medical conditions: still debatableSandy Leproust
INSERM, U593, Equipe Avenir Santé et Insécurité Routière, 146, rue Leo Saignat, Bordeaux, F 33076, France
BMC Public Health 8:27. 2008....
- Tiring job and work related injury road crashes in the GAZEL cohortMireille Chiron
Unité Mixte de Recherche et Surveillance Transport Travail Environnement UMRESTTE, UMR T9405, 25 Avenue François Mitterrand, Bron F 69675, France
Accid Anal Prev 40:1096-104. 2008..Work related road crashes seem then to be a matter for a specific prevention. Preventing employees from becoming exhausted should be considered as the first way to initiate such a prevention...
- No improvement in weight-for-age of young children in southern Senegal, 1969-1992, despite a drastic reduction in mortality. Evidence from a growth monitoring programmeSybil Pinchinat
UR024, Institut de recherche pour le developpement IRD, 911, Avenue Agropolis, BP 64501, 34394 Montpellier 5, France
Int J Epidemiol 33:1202-8. 2004..Undernutrition is associated with an increased risk of death among young children in developing countries. Infant and child nutritional status and mortality were monitored in a rural area of Casamance, Senegal...
- Road traffic injury is an escalating burden in Africa and deserves proportionate research effortsEmmanuel Lagarde
INSERM, U593, Equipe Avenir Santé et Insécurité Routière, Bordeaux, France
PLoS Med 4:e170. 2007
- Association between road vehicle collisions and recent medical contact in older drivers: a case-crossover studySandy Leproust
INSERM, U593, Equipe Avenir Santé et Insécurité Routière, ISPED, Universite Victor Segalen Bordeaux 2, Bordeaux, F 33000, France
Inj Prev 13:382-7. 2007..To estimate the association between past medical contacts and the risk of vehicle collision in a population of older drivers from the province of Quebec, Canada...