- Slow-release caffeine: a new response to the effects of a limited sleep deprivationD Lagarde
Département de Neurophysiologie de l Institut de Médecine Aérospatiale du Service de Santé des Armées, Bretigny sur Orge, France
Sleep 23:651-61. 2000..The aim of this study is to assess the interest of the intake of a new galenic form of caffeine called "slow-release" caffeine (SR caffeine) during a decrease of vigilance due to a limited sleep deprivation...
- Evaluation of pharmacological aids on physical performance after a transmeridian flightD Lagarde
Institut de Medecine Aerospatiale du Service de Sante des Armees, B P 73, 91223 BRETIGNY SUR ORGE cedex, France
Med Sci Sports Exerc 33:628-34. 2001..S. Air Force reservists after an eastbound air travel across seven time zones and to estimate the pharmacological aids slow-release caffeine and melatonin versus placebo in attempt to overcome the decline in performance...
- Resynchronization of hormonal rhythms after an eastbound flight in humans: effects of slow-release caffeine and melatoninC Pierard
Departement de Physiologie, Institut de Medecine Aerospatiale du Service de Sante des Armees, Bretigny sur Orge, France
Eur J Appl Physiol 85:144-50. 2001..In conclusion, these results indicate that administration of slow-release caffeine, as well as of melatonin, allows a faster resynchronization of hormone rhythms during the 4 days following an eastbound flight incurring the loss of 7 h...
- Effect of modafinil on cerebral blood flow of anaesthetised rats. Comparison with amphetamineG Florence
Institut de Medecine Aerospatiale du Service de Sante des Armees, Département de Physiologie Aérospatiale, Bretigny sur Orge, France
Exp Brain Res 135:552-6. 2000..We conclude that, contrary to amphetamine, modafinil has no effect on perfusion in the cerebral cortex of anaesthetised rats...
- Electroencephalographic effects of modafinil, an alpha-1-adrenergic psychostimulant, on the sleep of rhesus monkeysD Lagarde
, Centre d'Essais en Vol, Bretigny sur Orge, France
Sleep 13:441-8. 1990..5 mg/kg, with no behavioral disorders. Modafinil should therefore find interesting applications in sleep disorder treatments...
- Caffeine or melatonin effects on sleep and sleepiness after rapid eastward transmeridian travelM Beaumont
Department of Physiology, Institut de Medecine Aerospatiale du Service de Sante des Armees, Bretigny sur Orge, Cedex, France
J Appl Physiol (1985) 96:50-8. 2004..SRC reduced sleepiness but also tended to affect sleep quality until the last drug day. In conclusion, both drugs have positive effects on some jet lag symptoms after an eastbound flight: SRC on daytime sleepiness, and Mlt on sleep...
- Cerebral cortical blood flow during loss of consciousness induced by gravitational stress in rhesus monkeysG Florence
Institut de Médicine Aérospatiale du Service de Santé des Armées, Département de Physiologie Aérospatiale, BP 73, 91 223, Bretigny sur Orge, France
Neurosci Lett 305:99-102. 2001..At G-LOC detection, CBF was not related to G-onset rate (mean CBF change: -76 +/- 9% of control value). We conclude that G-LOC results from cerebral ischemia rather than from mechanical stresses applied to the brain...
- [Pharmacological approach to desychronization of the sleep-wakefulness cycle in the military and sport environment]D Lagarde
Institut de médecine navale IMNSSA, BP 610, 83800 Toulon armees
Ann Pharm Fr 65:258-64. 2007..A second context is the use of anti-sleep agents under orders; the debate continues on this and the appropriate recommendations in this context. Self-medication is a third condition, in which case no rules have been defined...