- HIV and viral hepatitis coinfections: advances and challengesKarine Lacombe
Service de Maladies Infectieuses et Tropicales, Hopital Saint Antoine, 184 rue du Faubourg Saint Antoine, Paris 75012, France
Gut 61:i47-58. 2012....
- Comparison between Elecsys HBsAg II and architect HBsAg QT assays for quantification of hepatitis B surface antigen among patients coinfected with HIV and hepatitis B virusSarah Maylin
Laboratoire de Virologie, Hopital Saint Louis, AP HP, Paris, France
Clin Vaccine Immunol 19:242-8. 2012..078). In conclusion, the Elecsys assay, with automatic on-board dilution, is capable of quantifying serum HBsAg levels in HIV-HBV-coinfected patients, with very high correlation with the Architect assay...
- Comparison of the antiviral activity of adefovir and tenofovir on hepatitis B virus in HIV-HBV-coinfected patientsKarine Lacombe
INSERM UMR S707, Paris, France
Antivir Ther 13:705-13. 2008..Characteristics and factors influencing viral decay under tenofovir (TDF) and adefovir (ADV) need to be determined in HIV-HBV-coinfected patients...
- [HIV infection and comorbidities]Karine Lacombe
Service de Maladies Infectieuses, Hopital Saint Antoine, 75571 Paris Cedex 12
Rev Prat 56:995-1004. 2006....
- Drug-resistant and immune-escape HBV mutants in HIV-infected hostsKarine Lacombe
INSERM, UMR S707, Paris, France
Antivir Ther 15:493-7. 2010..For patients coinfected with HIV, hepatitis B treatment options that aim to reduce the risk of HBV mutations from emerging must be seriously considered, not only from clinical but also public health perspectives...
- HIV/hepatitis B virus co-infection: current challenges and new strategiesK Lacombe
INSERM UMR S, Paris, France
J Antimicrob Chemother 65:10-7. 2010....
- Long-term hepatitis B virus dynamics in HIV-hepatitis B virus-co-infected patients treated with tenofovir disoproxil fumarateKarine Lacombe
INSERM U707, Universite Pierre et Marie Curie, 27 rue de Chaligny, 75571 Paris Cedex 12, France
AIDS 19:907-15. 2005..The long-term impact of tenofovir disoproxil fumarate (TDF) on hepatitis B virus (HBV) replication has not yet been studied in HIV-HBV-co-infected patients...
- Longitudinal evaluation of viral interactions in treated HIV-hepatitis B co-infected patients with additional hepatitis C and D virusA Boyd
INSERM, Paris and UMR S707, Universite Pierre et Marie Curie PARIS6, Paris, France
J Viral Hepat 17:65-76. 2010..Peaks and rebounds from undetectable hepatitis B, C and/or D viremia warrant closer follow-up in this patient population. HDV-replication was uncontrolled even with antiviral treatment...
- The French national prospective cohort of patients co-infected with HIV and HCV (ANRS CO13 HEPAVIH): early findings, 2006-2010Marc Arthur Loko
INSERM, U897 and ISPED, Universite Victor Segalen, Bordeaux, France
BMC Infect Dis 10:303. 2010..The ANRS CO 13 HEPAVIH cohort was set up to explore these critical questions.To describe the cohort aims and organization, monitoring and data collection procedures, baseline characteristics, as well as follow-up findings to date...
- Impact of HAART exposure and associated lipodystrophy on advanced liver fibrosis in HIV/HCV-coinfected patientsM A Loko
INSERM, U897, ISPED, Universite Victor Segalen, Bordeaux, France
J Viral Hepat 18:e307-14. 2011..Antiretroviral drugs with strong mitochondrial toxicity (e.g. didanosine) or a major effect on glucose metabolism should be avoided...
- Determinants of the underreporting of alcohol consumption by HIV/HCV co-infected patients during face-to-face medical interviews: the role of the physicianP Roux
INSERM, U912 SE4S, Marseille, France
Drug Alcohol Depend 116:228-32. 2011....
- Histological scoring of fibrosis and activity in HIV-chronic hepatitis B related liver disease: performance of the METAVIR score assessed on virtual slidesD Wendum
APHP, Hopital St Antoine, Service d Anatomie Pathologique, Paris, France
J Clin Pathol 62:361-3. 2009..The METAVIR score, which is the most widely used score in France, was specifically elaborated and evaluated in chronic hepatitis C and has never been validated in HIV-hepatitis virus B (HBV) co-infected patients...
- Role of treatment for depressive symptoms in relieving the impact of fatigue in HIV-HCV co-infected patients: ANRS Co13 Hepavih, France, 2006-2008L Michel
INSERM U669, Paris, France
J Viral Hepat 17:650-60. 2010....
- How to improve the quality of a disease management program for HIV-infected patients using a computerized data system. The Saint-Antoine Orchestra programF Fonquernie
AP HP, Department of Infectious and Tropical Diseases, Saint Antoine Hospital, Paris, France
AIDS Care 22:588-96. 2010....
- Validation and comparison of simple noninvasive indexes for predicting liver fibrosis in HIV-HCV-coinfected patients: ANRS CO3 Aquitaine cohortMarc Arthur Loko
INSERM, U593, Bordeaux, France
Am J Gastroenterol 103:1973-80. 2008..Although an increasing number of noninvasive fibrosis markers are available in HCV-monoinfected patients, data on the performance of these tests in HIV-HCV-coinfected patients are lacking...
- [Early diagnosis and prevention of comorbidities among HIV-infected patients: the Orchestra Saint-Antoine Program]L Fonquernie
Service des Maladies Infectieuses et Tropicales, Hopital Saint Antoine, Universite Pierre et Marie Curie Paris VI, APHP, 184, 75012 Paris, France
Med Mal Infect 37:S229-36. 2007..The Saint-Antoine Orchestra Program aims at improving the clinical management of HIV-infected patients through access to care, prevention and early diagnosis of comorbidities...
- Expression of defective hepatitis B virus particles derived from singly spliced RNA is related to liver diseasePatrick Soussan
Pathogenèse des Hépatites Virales B et Immunothérapie, Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale U845, Paris, France
J Infect Dis 198:218-25. 2008..The present study was designed to quantify the expression of defective HBV (dHBV) and wild-type HBV (wtHBV) genomes in the serum of patients with HBV infection and its relation to the severity of liver disease...
- Use of infliximab to treat psoriatic arthritis in HIV-positive patientsJeremie Sellam
Rheumatology Department, Saint Antoine Teaching Hospital, AP HP, Paris, France
Joint Bone Spine 74:197-200. 2007..Potential long-term effects such as opportunistic infections, malignancies, and loss of HIV control need to be evaluated...
- Risk factors for acute liver enzyme abnormalities in HIV-hepatitis B virus-coinfected patients on antiretroviral therapyOlivia Chauvel
AP HP, Hopital Saint Antoine, Service de Maladies Infectieuses et Tropicales, Paris, France
Antivir Ther 12:1115-26. 2007..Little is known about the prognostic factors of acute liver enzyme variations in HIV-hepatitis B virus (HBV)-coinfected patients...
- A novel hepatitis B virus mutation with resistance to adefovir but not to tenofovir in an HIV-hepatitis B virus-co-infected patientKarine Lacombe
INSERM U707, , , , Paris, F-75012 France
AIDS 20:2229-31. 2006..This observation suggests that careful monitoring of co-infected patients is required to diagnose HBV resistance to nucleos(t)ide analogues, and that tenofovir may be active at least against some of the adefovir-resistant strains...
- Determinants of adherence to non-occupational post HIV exposure prophylaxisKarine Lacombe
Service de Maladies Infectieuses et Tropicales, Paris, France
AIDS 20:291-4. 2006..3, 2.02-87.54] and oral sexual intercourse (OR 8.35, 1.66-41.99). Compliance with prophylactic antiretroviral therapy can be increased by addressing social and psychological barriers to adherence...
- Failure of HIV-2 viral load assay in a severely immunodeficient patient: clinical and therapeutic management issuesLaurent Fonquernie
Service des Maladies Infectieuses et Tropicales, Hopital Saint Antoine, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, 184 rue du Faubourg Saint Antoine, 75012 Paris, France
Trans R Soc Trop Med Hyg 100:282-4. 2006..This immunovirological discordance was due to failure of the viral load assay and infection by an unknown HIV-2 subtype. Treatment was probably suboptimal, leading to the selection of several resistance mutations and treatment failure...
- Risk factors for CD4 lymphopenia in patients treated with a tenofovir/didanosine high dose-containing highly active antiretroviral therapy regimenKarine Lacombe
Assistance Publique, , , Service de Maladies Infectieuses et Tropicales, Paris F-75012, France
AIDS 19:1107-8. 2005..Cox analysis showed that the CD4 cell decrease was associated with a duration of treatment by didanosine of more than 853 days and a didanosine dose of more than 5.50 mg/kg...
- Epidemiology, diagnosis and treatment of chronic hepatitis B in HIV-infected patients (EPIB 2005 STUDY)Lionel Piroth
Service de Maladies Infectieuses et Tropicales, CHU Dijon, 10 boulevard du Maréchal de Lattre de Tassigny, 21079 Dijon Cedex, France
AIDS 21:1323-31. 2007..To describe the characteristics of hepatitis B (HBV) infection in HIV-infected patients and the impact of anti-HBV treatments...
- Impact of chronic hepatitis C and/or D on liver fibrosis severity in patients co-infected with HIV and hepatitis B virusKarine Lacombe
INSERM, UMR S707, Paris, F 75012, France
AIDS 21:2546-9. 2007..02, 95% CI = 1.03-97.42 for HBV-HCV-HDV, compared to OR = 1.76, 95% CI = 0.50-6.17 for HBV alone]. Co-treatment of other multiple viral hepatitis infections should also be taken into consideration, especially in the case of chronic HDV...
- Influence of pravastatin on carotid artery structure and function in dyslipidemic HIV-infected patients receiving antiretroviral therapyFranck Boccara
Department of Pharmacology, , , INSERM 652, , Paris, France
AIDS 20:2395-8. 2006..Age and body mass index were independent determinants of IMT of the CCA. Mean arterial pressure, age, duration of HIV infection and protease inhibitor exposure determined aortic stiffness...
- Major role of hepatitis B genotypes in liver fibrosis during coinfection with HIVKarine Lacombe
INSERM U707, Paris, France
AIDS 20:419-27. 2006....
- Enfuvirtide prescription at the end of pregnancy to a multi-treated HIV-infected woman with virological breakthroughMarie-Caroline Meyohas
AIDS 18:1966-8. 2004
- Acute hepatic cytolysis in an HIV-infected patient taking atazanavirSerge P Eholié
AIDS 18:1610-1. 2004
- [HIV infection]Karine Lacombe
Service de Maladies Infectieuses et Tropicales, , 75012 Paris
Rev Prat 53:1479-87. 2003