- A rat model of progressive isometric strength trainingG Lac
Laboratoire de la Performance Motrice, UFR STAPS, Aubiere, France
Arch Physiol Biochem 107:144-51. 1999..The fibres composition of the gastrocnemius showed a 50% increase of IIA fibres and a 17% fall of IIB fibres. Consequently, this new model of isometric training is suitable for physiological studies...
- Effect of individualized weight-loss programmes on adiponectin, leptin and resistin levels in obese adolescent boysM Elloumi
Laboratory of Exercise Biology BAPS, Blaise Pascal University, Bat Biologie B, Aubiere, France
Acta Paediatr 98:1487-93. 2009..We investigate the effects of a 2-month weight-loss programme on plasma levels of adiponectin, leptin and resistin in obese adolescent boys...
- High-impact loading training induces bone hyperresorption activity in young elite female gymnastsC Jaffre
Laboratoire de la Performance Motrice, Orleans University, France
J Pediatr Endocrinol Metab 14:75-83. 2001..The coexistence of bone hyperresorption and higher BMD in gymnasts suggests increased bone turnover resulting in increased bone density in these subjects...
- Bone mineral content and density of Tunisian male rugby players: differences between forwards and backsM Elloumi
Laboratoire de Physiologie de la Performance Motrice, Universite Blaise Pascal, Bat Biologie B, Les Cézeaux, Aubiere, France
Int J Sports Med 27:351-8. 2006..The musculo-skeletal adaptations, greater in forwards than in backs, could mimic training responses and therefore explain the bone features, localized in specific stressed regions...
- Influence of clenbuterol on bone metabolism in exercised or sedentary ratsH Cavalie
Laboratoire de la Performance Motrice, Universite Blaise Pascal, Clermont Ferrand, 63177 Aubiere, France
J Appl Physiol 93:2034-7. 2002..Clenbuterol had no effect on osteocalcin but increased urinary deoxypyridinoline. We concluded that clenbuterol treatment decreased bone mineral density and increased bone resorption independent of the level of exercise rats were given...
- Dehydroepiandrosterone (DHEA) rather than testosterone shows saliva androgen responses to exercise in elite female handball playersE Filaire
Laboratoire de la Performance Motrice, U F R S T A P S, Universite Blaise Pascal, Clermont Ferrand II, Aubiere, France
Int J Sports Med 21:17-20. 2000....