Affiliation: Laboratoire Ergonomie
- Assessment of physiological demand in kitesurfingF Vercruyssen
Laboratoire Handibio, groupe Mouvement altéré et efficience énergétique, UFR STAPS, Universite de Toulon Var, 83957, La Garde Cedex, France
Eur J Appl Physiol 105:103-9. 2009..Low values for [La(b)] were observed at the end of crossing trial (2.1 +/- 1.2 mmol l(-1). This first analysis of kitesurfing suggests that the energy demand is mainly sustained by aerobic metabolism during a LW condition...
- Influence of kick frequency on metabolic efficiency and performance at a severe intensity in international monofin-swimmersFabrice Vercruyssen
LAHMESS, UFR STAPS, Universite de Nice Sophia Antipolis, 261 Route de Grenoble, 06205 Nice Cedex 2, France
J Sports Sci 30:1055-61. 2012..Furthermore, the study results showed that the indicators of metabolic efficiency such as energy cost or [VO2sc) do not determine the performance response in elite monofin-swimmers at a severe intensity...
- Relationship between oxygen uptake slow component and surface EMG during heavy exercise in humans: influence of pedal rateFabrice Vercruyssen
Laboratoire d Ergonomie Sportive et Performance, UFR STAPS, Universite de Toulon Var, 83957 La Garde Cedex, France
J Electromyogr Kinesiol 19:676-84. 2009..Possible changes in motor units recruitment pattern, muscle energy turnover and muscle temperature have been suggested to explain the different VO(2) SC to heavy pedal rate bouts...
- Influence of cycling cadence on subsequent running performance in triathletesFabrice Vercruyssen
Unité Ergonomie Sportive et Performance, Universite de Toulon Var, La Garde, France
Med Sci Sports Exerc 34:530-6. 2002..The purpose of this study was to investigate the influence of different cycling cadences on metabolic and kinematic parameters during subsequent running...
- Which factors determine the freely chosen cadence during submaximal cycling?Fabrice Vercruyssen
Laboratoire Handibio, groupe Efficience et mouvement altéré, UFR STAPS, Universite de Toulon Var, 83957 La Garde Cedex, France
J Sci Med Sport 13:225-31. 2010....
- Cadence selection affects metabolic responses during cycling and subsequent running time to fatigueF Vercruyssen
Department of Sport Ergonomics and Performance, University of Toulon Var, BP 132, 83957 La Garde Cedex, France
Br J Sports Med 39:267-72. 2005..To investigate the effect of cadence selection during the final minutes of cycling on metabolic responses, stride pattern, and subsequent running time to fatigue...
- Constant versus variable-intensity during cycling: effects on subsequent running performanceThierry Bernard
Department of Sport Ergonomic and Performance, UFR STAPS, University of Sud Toulon Var, BP 132, 83957, La Garde Cedex, France
Eur J Appl Physiol 99:103-11. 2007....
- Modification of cycling biomechanics during a swim-to-cycle trialAnne Delextrat
Sport Ergonomy and Performance laboratory, University of Toulon Var, La Garde Cedex, France
J Appl Biomech 21:297-308. 2005....
- [Effects of swimming with a wet suit on energy expenditure during subsequent cycling]Anne Delextrat
Laboratoire Ergonomie Sportive et Performance, EA 3162, Université de ToulonVar, Avenue de l Universite, BP 132, 83957 LaGarde, France
Can J Appl Physiol 28:356-69. 2003..1% difference, p < 0.05). The lower relative intensity observed during swimming with a wetsuit suggest the relative importance of swimming condition on the total performance in a sprint triathlon...
- Muscle activation during cycling at different cadences: effect of maximal strength capacityFrancois Bieuzen
Laboratoire d Ergonomie Sportive, EA 3162, Universite du Sud Toulon Var, Avenue de l Universite, BP 132, 83957 La Garde Cedex, France
J Electromyogr Kinesiol 17:731-8. 2007....
- Drafting during swimming improves efficiency during subsequent cyclingAnne Delextrat
University of Toulon Var, Department of Ergonomics, La Garde Cedex, France
Med Sci Sports Exerc 35:1612-9. 2003..The aim of the present study was to investigate the effects of drafting (i.e., swimming directly behind a competitor) while swimming with a wet suit on physiological parameters and cadence during subsequent cycling...
- Kick frequency affects the energy cost of aquatic locomotion in elite monofin swimmersGuillaume Boitel
Handibio Laboratory EA 3162, Efficiency and Human Locomotion Group, UFR STAPS, University of Toulon Var, 83957, La Garde Cedex, France
Eur J Appl Physiol 109:1087-93. 2010..Variations in muscle activity level and active drag have been hypothesized to explain the observed differences in Ec consecutive to the selection of various K(F)...
- The influence of wearing compression stockings on performance indicators and physiological responses following a prolonged trail running exerciseFabrice Vercruyssen
a UFR STAPS, LAHMESS, Nice Sophia Antpolis, Nice, France
Eur J Sport Sci 14:144-50. 2014..05), there was no difference between the run conditions. The findings suggest that competitive runners do not gain any practical or physiological benefits from wearing CS during prolonged off-road running...
- Energetically optimal cadence vs. freely-chosen cadence during cycling: effect of exercise durationJ Brisswalter
Université Ergonomie Sportive et Performance, Universite de Toulon Var, La Garde, France
Int J Sports Med 21:60-4. 2000..A change of muscle fibre recruitment pattern with exercise duration and cadence would explain the shift in energetically optimal rate towards a higher pedal rate observed at the end of exercise...
- Carbohydrate ingestion does not influence the change in energy cost during a 2-h run in well-trained triathletesJ Brisswalter
Unité Ergonomie Sportive et Performance, Universite de Toulon Var, Avenue de l Universite, BP 132, F 83957 La Garde Cedex, France
Eur J Appl Physiol 81:108-13. 2000..These results suggest, indirectly, that C(r) increases during a 2-h run at 80% VO(2)(max) in well-trained subjects can be explained mainly by alterations in neuromuscular performance, which lead to a decrease in muscle efficiency...
- Effect of cycling cadence on subsequent 3 km running performance in well trained triathletesT Bernard
Ergonomie et performance sportive, UFR STAPS, Universite de Toulon Var, France
Br J Sports Med 37:154-8; discussion 159. 2003..To investigate the effect of three cycling cadences on a subsequent 3000 m track running performance in well trained triathletes...
- Relationship between strength level and pedal rateF Bieuzen
Department of Ergonomics, University of Toulon Var, Toulon, France
Int J Sports Med 28:585-9. 2007....
- Influence of drafting during swimming on ratings of perceived exertion during a swim-to-cycle transition in well-trained triathletesA Delextrat
University of Toalon Var, La Garde, France
Percept Mot Skills 96:664-6. 2003....
- Influence of physical exercise on perceptual response in aerobically trained subjectsD Godefroy
University of Toulon Var, La Garde, France
Percept Mot Skills 94:68-70. 2002..A significant effect of fatigue induced byphysical exercise leading to exhaustion was observed for 6 male triathletes using some specific analysis of the critical flicker fusion test...
- Single and choice reaction time during prolonged exercise in trained subjects: influence of carbohydrate availabilityM Collardeau
, , La Garde, France
Eur J Appl Physiol 86:150-6. 2001..4) ms, P > 0.05]. No similar effect was observed for SRT. These results suggest that CHO-electrolyte ingestion during a 100-min run results in an improvement in the complex cognitive performance measured at the end of that run...