Jean Pierre Laaban
- [Sleep apnea syndrome and obesity]J P Laaban
Service de Pneumologie, Hotel Dieu de Paris, 1, Place du Parvis Notre Dame, 75181 Paris Cedex 04
Rev Pneumol Clin 58:91-8. 2002..Pharyngoplasty and anterior mandibular positioning devices have a low success rate in patients with massive obesity. Nasal continuous positive airway pressure is often the only effective treatment in obese SAS patients...
- Left ventricular systolic dysfunction in patients with obstructive sleep apnea syndromeJean Pierre Laaban
Department of Pneumology, Hotel Dieu Hospital, 1 Place du Parvis Notre Dame, 75181 Paris Cedex 04, France
Chest 122:1133-8. 2002..This study aimed to assess the prevalence and causes of LV systolic dysfunction, using radionuclide angiography, in a large group of patients with OSAS...
- Daytime hypercapnia in adult patients with obstructive sleep apnea syndrome in France, before initiating nocturnal nasal continuous positive airway pressure therapyJean Pierre Laaban
Department of Pneumology, Hotel Dieu, 1 Place du Parvis Notre Dame, 75004 Paris, France
Chest 127:710-5. 2005..Daytime hypercapnia in patients with obstructive sleep apnea syndrome (OSAS) has a highly variable prevalence in the published studies, and is usually thought to be the consequence of an associated disease, COPD, or severe obesity...
- Prognostic value of nutritional depletion in patients with COPD treated by long-term oxygen therapy: data from the ANTADIR observatoryEdmond Chailleux
ANTADIR Observatory, Paris, France
Chest 123:1460-6. 2003....
- C-reactive protein and body mass index predict outcome in end-stage respiratory failureNoël J M Cano
Departement de Nutrition, Clinique Residence du Parc, Rue Gaston Berger, 13010 Marseille, France
Chest 126:540-6. 2004..To determine the predictive factors of morbidity and mortality in patients with end-stage respiratory disease...
- Serum amyloid A and obstructive sleep apnea syndrome before and after surgically-induced weight loss in morbidly obese subjectsChristine Poitou
INSERM, U755 Nutriomique, Paris, France
Obes Surg 16:1475-81. 2006..To explore the potential role of SAA in the relation between OSA and CVD, we investigated relationships between changes in SAA concentrations and nocturnal respiratory events in obese subjects undergoing bariatric surgery...