- The effect of restraint stress on paradoxical sleep is influenced by the circadian cycleM Koehl
Laboratoire de Psychobiologie des Comportements Adaptatifs, INSERM U 259, Universite de Bordeaux II, Domaine de Carreire, rue Camille Saint Saens, 33077 Bordeaux Cedex, France
Brain Res 937:45-50. 2002..This result thus shows that restraint stress could be efficiently used to study the interaction between the circadian and homeostatic components of sleep regulation...
- Exercise-induced promotion of hippocampal cell proliferation requires beta-endorphinM Koehl
Centre de Recherche INSERM U862, Physiopathologie de la Plasticité Neuronale, 146 rue Leo Saignat, 33077 Bordeaux Cedex, France
FASEB J 22:2253-62. 2008..We conclude that beta-endorphin released during running is a key factor for exercise-induced cell proliferation and that a homeostatic balance may regulate the final number of new neurons...
- Sleep in female mice: a strain comparison across the estrous cycleMuriel Koehl
Department of Neurobiology and Physiology, Northwestern University, Evanston, IL 60208 USA
Sleep 26:267-72. 2003..The aim of this study was thus to determine sleep patterns in female mice of different inbred strains over the estrous cycle...
- Sleep restriction alters the hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal response to stressP Meerlo
Department of Neurobiology and Physiology, Northwestern University, Evanston, IL, USA
J Neuroendocrinol 14:397-402. 2002..Alterations in HPA axis regulation may gradually appear under conditions of long total sleep deprivation but also after repeated sleep curtailment...
- Environmentally induced long-term structural changes: cues for functional orientation and vulnerabilitiesM F Montaron
INSERM U588, Domaine de Carreire, rue Camille Saint Saens, University of Bordeaux II Bordeaux Cedex 33077, France
Neurotox Res 6:571-80. 2004....
- Nicotine-induced locomotor activity is increased by preexposure of rats to prenatal stressM Koehl
Psychobiologie des Comportements Adaptatifs, INSERM U 259, Universite de Bordeaux II, Domaine de Carreire, rue Camille Saint Saens, 33077 Cedex, Bordeaux, France
Brain Res 882:196-200. 2000..This study emphasizes the importance of early environment in the later development of drug-related behavior...
- Sex differences in sleep: the response to sleep deprivation and restraint stress in miceMuriel Koehl
Institute F Magendie, INSERM U588, University of Bordeaux 2, Bordeaux, France
Sleep 29:1224-31. 2006..In this context, we examined sex differences in sleep in the mouse, not only under baseline conditions, but also after sleep deprivation and restraint stress...
- Adult neurogenesis: from precursors to network and physiologyDjoher Nora Abrous
Laboratoire de Physiopathologie des Comportements, Institut National de la Sané et de la Recherche Médicale, U588, Universite de Bordeaux, France
Physiol Rev 85:523-69. 2005..This constitutes a necessary step in promoting the development of therapeutic strategies...
- Effects of gamma-hydroxybutyrate (GHB) on vigilance states and EEG in micePeter Meerlo
Center for Sleep and Circadian Biology, Department of Neurobiology and Physiology, Northwestern University, Evanston, IL, USA
Sleep 27:899-904. 2004..In the present study, we examined the effects of GHB on sleep-wake behavior and EEG in mice. In addition, we measured effects of GHB on body temperature and arousal or stress hormones...
- Behavioral characterization of mice lacking histamine H(3) receptorsHiroshi Toyota
Johnson and Johnson Pharmaceutical Research and Development, San Diego, California 92121, USA
Mol Pharmacol 62:389-97. 2002..These data indicate that the H(3) receptor-deficient mouse represents a valuable model for studying histaminergic regulation of a variety of behaviors and neurotransmitter systems, including dopamine and acetylcholine...
- Spatial relational memory requires hippocampal adult neurogenesisDavid Dupret
INSERM U862, Institut F Magendie, Bordeaux, France
PLoS ONE 3:e1959. 2008..In contrast, less complex forms of spatial knowledge were unaltered. These findings demonstrate that adult-born neurons are necessary for complex forms of hippocampus-mediated learning...