- Patient-physician interaction in general practice and health inequalities in a multidisciplinary study: design, methods and feasibility in the French INTERMEDE studyMichelle Kelly-Irving
UMR INSERM 558 Epidémiologie et analyses en santé publique, Faculte de Medicine, F 31073 Toulouse, France
BMC Health Serv Res 9:66. 2009..This paper outlines the original multidisciplinary methodology used, and the feasibility of this type of study...
- Improving stroke prevention in the French West Indies: limits to lay knowledge of risk factorsMichelle Kelly-Irving
INSERM U558, Toulouse Cedex, France
Stroke 41:2637-44. 2010..We sought to evaluate lay knowledge and understanding of cardiovascular diseases in the French West Indies...
- Do general practitioners overestimate the health of their patients with lower education?Michelle Kelly-Irving
INSERM Unité 1027, F 31300, Toulouse, France
Soc Sci Med 73:1416-21. 2011..This could potentially result in lack of advice and treatment for these patients and ultimately the maintenance of health inequalities...
- Do gender differences affect the doctor-patient interaction during consultations in general practice? Results from the INTERMEDE studyAnne Cécile Schieber
INSERM UMR 1027, Toulouse, France, Universite Toulouse III, UMR1027, Toulouse, France, CHU Toulouse, Service d épidémiologie, Toulouse, France
Fam Pract 31:706-13. 2014..Our hypothesis is that a patient interacting with a physician of the same gender may perceive more social proximity, notably on health care beliefs and may be more inclined to trust them...
- Is perceived social distance between the patient and the general practitioner related to their disagreement on patient's health status?Anne Cécile Schieber
INSERM UMR 1027, Toulouse, F 31300, France
Patient Educ Couns 91:97-104. 2013..To ascertain whether disagreement between patients and general practitioners (GP) on the patient's health status varies according to their respective perceived social distance (PSD)...
- Do doctors and patients agree on cardiovascular-risk management recommendations post-consultation? The INTERMEDE studyAnne Cécile Schieber
Université Toulouse III INSERM UMR 1027, Toulouse, France
Br J Gen Pract 61:e105-11. 2011..Understanding interactions between patients and GPs may be important for optimising communication during consultations and improving health promotion, notably in the management of cardiovascular risk factors...
- What role does socio-economic position play in the link between functional limitations and self-rated health: France vs. USA?Cyrille Delpierre
Inserm UMR558, Toulouse, France
Eur J Public Health 22:317-21. 2012..Our objective was to analyse the influence of education on the link between functional limitation (FL) and self-rated health (SRH) in two countries, France and the USA...
- Adverse childhood experiences and premature all-cause mortalityMichelle Kelly-Irving
INSERM, U1027, Faculte de Medecine, 37 Allees Jules Guesde, 31073, Toulouse, France
Eur J Epidemiol 28:721-34. 2013..Given the small impact of adult life style factors on the association between ACE and premature mortality, biological embedding during sensitive periods in early development is a plausible explanatory mechanism...
- SRH and HrQOL: does social position impact differently on their link with health status?Cyrille Delpierre
Inserm UMR1027, Toulouse, France
BMC Public Health 12:19. 2012..Our objective is to assess the influence of SEP on the relationship between physical health status and subjective health status, measured by SRH and HRQoL using the SF-36 scale...
- Mode of delivery at birth and the metabolic syndrome in midlife: the role of the birth environment in a prospective birth cohort studyBeatrice Bouhanick
Service de médecine interne et HTA, CHU Rangueil, Toulouse, France INSERM UMR 1027, Toulouse, France
BMJ Open 4:e005031. 2014..The aim of this study is to examine the hypothesis that mode of delivery at birth may be associated with metabolic disorders in adult midlife...
- The organizational work factors' effect on mental health among hospital workers is mediated by perceived effort-reward imbalance: result of a longitudinal studySébastien Lamy
French Institute of Health and Medical Research, Toulouse, France
J Occup Environ Med 55:809-16. 2013....
- The embodiment of adverse childhood experiences and cancer development: potential biological mechanisms and pathways across the life courseMichelle Kelly-Irving
Faculte de Medecine, INSERM, U1027, 37 Allees Jules Guesde, 31073, Toulouse Cedex, France
Int J Public Health 58:3-11. 2013..To explore current evidence of the physiological embedding of stress to discuss whether adverse childhood experiences (ACE) causing chronic or acute stress responses may alter fundamental biological functions...
- Compliance with guidelines in patients with ST-segment elevation myocardial infarction after implementation of specific guidelines for emergency care: results of RESCA+31 registryAbbas Sandouk
Regional Observatory of Emergency Medicine in Midi Pyrénées, Purpan University Hospital, Toulouse, France
Arch Cardiovasc Dis 105:262-70. 2012....