- Hepatitis B virus genetic variability and evolutionAlan Kay
INSERM, U871, Physiopathologie moléculaire et nouveaux traitements des hépatites virales, 151 Cours A Thomas, Lyon F 69424, France
Virus Res 127:164-76. 2007..Also, human intervention in the form of mass vaccination and antiviral treatment will reduce the burden of HBV-related liver disease but may also be accelerating evolution of the virus...
- Rolling circle amplification, a powerful tool for genetic and functional studies of complete hepatitis B virus genomes from low-level infections and for directly probing covalently closed circular DNASéverine Margeridon
INSERM, U871, Lyon, France
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 52:3068-73. 2008..It can also be used to probe HBV cccDNA, the crucial intermediate in viral persistence and the archive of resistance mutations...
- A quasi-monoclonal anti-HBs response can lead to immune escape of 'wild-type' hepatitis B virusSéverine Margeridon
INSERM U271, 151 Cours A Thomas, 69003 Lyon, France
J Gen Virol 86:1687-93. 2005..This study underlines the subtleties of virus-host interactions. Implications for HBV vaccination are discussed...
- Protein-Peptide Arrays for Detection of Specific Anti-Hepatitis D Virus (HDV) Genotype 1, 6, and 8 Antibodies among HDV-Infected Patients by Surface Plasmon Resonance ImagingMarie Bernadette Villiers
INSERM, U823, Grenoble, France Université Grenoble Alpes, Institut Albert Bonniot, Grenoble, France
J Clin Microbiol 53:1164-71. 2015....
- HBVdb: a knowledge database for Hepatitis B VirusJuliette Hayer
Unité Bases Moléculaires et Structurales des Systèmes Infectieux, Lyon, France
Nucleic Acids Res 41:D566-70. 2013..The database can be accessed through a web interface that allows static and dynamic queries and offers integrated generic sequence analysis tools and specialized analysis tools (e.g. annotation, genotyping, drug resistance profiling)...
- Characterization of two hepatitis B virus populations isolated from a hepatitis B surface antigen-negative patientDamien Jeantet
U271 INSERM, 151 Cours Albert Thomas, Lyon Cedex 03, France
Hepatology 35:1215-24. 2002..In conclusion, the cryptic nature of this double HBV infection is characterized by the predominance of the replication-deficient genotype D virus over the replication-competent genotype A virus...
- Cloning and expression of surface antigens from occult chronic hepatitis B virus infections and their recognition by commercial detection assaysDamien Jeantet
U271 INSERM, Lyon, France
J Med Virol 73:508-15. 2004..Most of the isolates fall into the second category. Mutations can therefore contribute to HBsAg seronegativity in occult HBV infections, but in most cases the explanation is probably the low level of viral replication...
- What is really ongoing during occult HBV reactivation?Isabelle Chemin
Hepatology 43:195; author reply 195-6. 2006
- HDV genotypes in the Western Brazilian Amazon region: A preliminary reportRaymundo Parana
Gonçalo Moniz Research Center, Salvador, Brazil INSERM Unit 271, Universite Claude Bernard Lyon 1, IFR 62, Lyon, France
Am J Trop Med Hyg 75:475-9. 2006..Our preliminary results show that HDV genotypes I and III are present in Brazilian Amazonia and that HDV genotype III is not limited to the Amerindian population...