- Are concomitant treatments confounding factors in randomized controlled trials on intensive blood-glucose control in type 2 diabetes? a systematic reviewRémy Boussageon
UMR 5558, Laboratoire de Biometrie et Biologie Evolutive, CNRS, Universite Claude Bernard Lyon 1, Villeurbanne F 69100, France
BMC Med Res Methodol 13:107. 2013..We wanted to determine if these concomitant treatments were correctly reported in articles of RCTs on type 2 diabetes and if they might have influenced the outcome...
- Individual patient data systematic review and meta-analysis of optic nerve sheath diameter ultrasonography for detecting raised intracranial pressure: protocol of the ONSD research groupJulie Dubourg
Universite Claude Bernard Lyon 1, 69003 Lyon, France
Syst Rev 2:62. 2013..Thus, the ONSD research group was founded to synthesize data from several recent studies on the subject and to provide evidence on the diagnostic accuracy of ONSD ultrasonography in detecting raised ICP...
- Experimental designs for small randomised clinical trials: an algorithm for choiceCatherine Cornu
Hopital Louis Pradel, centre d investigation clinique, INSERM CIC201 UMR5558, 28, avenue du doyen Lepine, Bron 69677 Cedex, France
Orphanet J Rare Dis 8:48. 2013..There are a number of alternative trial designs to the usual parallel group design, each of which offers specific advantages, but they also have specific limitations. Thus the choice of the most appropriate design is not simple...
- A dietary supplement to improve the quality of sleep: a randomized placebo controlled trialCatherine Cornu
INSERM, Lyon, France
BMC Complement Altern Med 10:29. 2010....
- A positioning pillow to improve lumbar puncture success rate in paediatric haematology-oncology patients: a randomized controlled trialPerrine Marec-Berard
Service d Oncologie Pediatrique, Institut d Hemato Oncologie pédiatrique, Centre Leon Berard, Lyon, France
BMC Cancer 9:21. 2009....
- Comparison of bioprosthesis and mechanical valves, a meta-analysis of randomised clinical trialsB Kassai
Clinical Pharmacology Unit EA643, Cardiovascular Hospital, Rue Guillaume Paradin, BP 8071 69376, Cedex 08, Lyon, France
Cardiovasc Surg 8:477-83. 2000..6; IC=[0.3;0.95]; P<0.05) in patients with mechanical prostheses but these results were heterogeneous between mitral and aortic valves. The choice of valve type does not significantly influence survival...
- Severe myoclonic epilepsy in infancy: a systematic review and a meta-analysis of individual patient dataBehrouz KassaÃ¯
INSERM, CIC201, EPICIM, Lyon, France
Epilepsia 49:343-8. 2008..The two RCTs identified, however, were performed with the same objectives and design and showed that seizure frequency is greatly reduced by stiripentol in children with SMEI after 2 months of treatment...
- [Long-term side effects of drugs in paediatrics]B Kassai
Faculte de Medecine Laennec, Rue Guillaume Paradin, 69376 Lyon Cedex 08, France
Arch Pediatr 14:603-4. 2007
- Literature search parameters marginally improved the pooled estimate accuracy for ultrasound in detecting deep venous thrombosisBehrouz Kassai
Clinical Investigation Centre INSERM, Department of Clinical Pharmacology EA 3736, Hôpitaux de Lyon, Universite Claude Bernard Lyon I, Lyon Cedex 08, France
J Clin Epidemiol 59:710-4. 2006..Our objectives were to compare search strategies with and without methodological terms in Medline, to find out how other databases complement Medline, and how these strategies affect the pooled estimates of the accuracy...
- The true treatment benefit is unpredictable in clinical trials using surrogate outcome measured with diagnostic testsBehrouz Kassai
Department of Clinical Pharmacology EA 3736, University Hospital of Lyon, Rue Guillaume Paradin, BP 8071, Lyon cedex 08 69376, France
J Clin Epidemiol 58:1042-51. 2005..by the reference standard a valid surrogate? (2) How does the tests accuracy influence the estimate of the treatment benefit on surrogate? (3) Is it possible to correct the measured treatment effect given by results of inaccurate tests?..
- A systematic review of the accuracy of ultrasound in the diagnosis of deep venous thrombosis in asymptomatic patientsBehrouz Kassai
Clinical Pharmacology Unit, Rue Guillaume Paradin BP8071 69376, Lyon Cedex 08, France
Thromb Haemost 91:655-66. 2004..Our results suggest that, particularly for proximal veins, ultrasound is accurate for the diagnosis of DVT in asymptomatic postoperative orthopedic patients. More research is needed in other clinical settings...
- [Active drug monitoring of adverse drug reactions in pediatric emergency department]F Planchamp
Service de Pharmacologie Clinique, Hopital L Pradel, Inserm CIC201, EPICIM, CNRS UMR 5558, Universite de Lyon, CHU de Lyon, 69000 Lyon, France
Arch Pediatr 16:106-11. 2009..The aim of this study was to systematically evaluate adverse drug reactions (ADRs) in children consulting at the pediatric emergency unit during a 6-month period...