- Halothane stimulates a Na+H+ antiporter involved in the regulation of intracellular pH in alveolar epithelial cellsP Juvin
département d anesthésie, Hopital Bichat Claude Bernard, Paris, France
Anesth Analg 89:480-3. 1999....
- Difficult tracheal intubation is more common in obese than in lean patientsPhilippe Juvin
Department of Anesthesia and Intensive Care, Bichat Claude Bernard Hospital, Paris, France
Anesth Analg 97:595-600, table of contents. 2003..None of the classic risk factors for difficult intubation was satisfactory in obese patients. The high risk of desaturation warrants studies to identify new predictors of difficult intubation in the obese...
- [The illusion of omnipotence. Why not have legalized euthanasia?]P Juvin
Service d anesthésie et de réanimation, Hopital Beaujon, Clichy, France
Ann Fr Anesth Reanim 23:667-8. 2004
- Postoperative death and malpractice suits: is autopsy useful?P Juvin
Service d anesthésie et de réanimation, Hopital Bichat, Paris, France
Anesth Analg 91:344-6. 2000..They frequently identified undetected complications. They could also suggest faulty or negligent practice that would otherwise go unrecognized. This report supports the widespread use of autopsies to investigate perioperative death...
- Postoperative recovery after desflurane, propofol, or isoflurane anesthesia among morbidly obese patients: a prospective, randomized studyP Juvin
Departments of Anesthesiology and Surgery, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Bichat Claude Bernard, Paris, France
Anesth Analg 91:714-9. 2000..This advantage of desflurane persists at least for 2 h after surgery and is associated with both an improvement in patient mobility and a reduced incidence of postoperative desaturation...