- General Practitioners and Breast Surgeons in France, Germany, Netherlands and the UK show variable breast cancer risk communication profilesClaire Julian-Reynier
Institut Paoli Calmettes, UMR_S 912, 232 Boulevard Sainte Marguerite, 13009, Marseille, France
BMC Cancer 15:243. 2015....
- Participants' uptake of clinical trial results: a randomised experimentJ Mancini
Aix Marseille Universite, Marseille F 13385, France
Br J Cancer 102:1081-4. 2010....
- BRCA1/2 carriers: their childbearing plans and theoretical intentions about having preimplantation genetic diagnosis and prenatal diagnosisClaire Julian-Reynier
INSERM, U912, Marseille, France
Genet Med 14:527-34. 2012..To assess the impact of BRCA1/2 test results on carriers' reproductive decision-making and the factors determining their theoretical intentions about preimplantation genetic diagnosis (PGD) and prenatal diagnosis (PND)...
- Professionals assess the acceptability of preimplantation genetic diagnosis and prenatal diagnosis for managing inherited predisposition to cancerClaire Julian-Reynier
U912, INSERM, IRD, Universite Aix Marseille, 232 Bd Sainte Marguerite, 13273 Marseille Cedex 09, France
J Clin Oncol 27:4475-80. 2009..The aim of this study was to determine French professionals' attitudes about the acceptability of PGD and PND for inherited predisposition to cancer...
- Cancer risk management strategies and perceptions of unaffected women 5 years after predictive genetic testing for BRCA1/2 mutationsClaire Julian-Reynier
INSERM, U912, IRD, Institut Paoli Calmettes, Marseille, France
Eur J Hum Genet 19:500-6. 2011..Informed decision-making involves letting women know whether opting for RRSO and breast MRI surveillance is as effective in terms of survival as RRM and RRSO...
- [Genetic predisposition to breast and ovarian cancer: importance of test results]Claire Julian-Reynier
UMR 912, INSERM, IRD, Universite d Aix Marseille, Institut Paoli Calmettes 232, boulevard Sainte Marguerite 13273 Marseille cedex 09, France
Med Sci (Paris) 27:657-61. 2011....
- Genetics in clinical practice: general practitioners' educational priorities in European countriesClaire Julian-Reynier
INSERM, UMR912, Marseilles, France
Genet Med 10:107-13. 2008..To assess how general practitioners (GPs) from European countries prioritized their genetic educational needs according to their geographic, sociodemographic, and educational characteristics...
- Cross-cultural validation of the Decisional Conflict Scale in a sample of French patientsJulien Mancini
INSERM UMR379, Epidemiology and Social Sciences Unit, Institut Paoli Calmettes, 232 Bd Ste Marguerite, B P 156, F 13273, Marseille Cedex 09, France
Qual Life Res 15:1063-8. 2006..The Decisional Conflict Scale (DCS, 16 items, 5 dimensions) designed to measure the level of decisional conflict experienced by patients making health care decisions has not yet been validated in French...
- Time to prophylactic surgery in BRCA1/2 carriers depends on psychological and other characteristicsClaire Julian-Reynier
INSERM, UMR912, Institut Paoli Calmettes, Marseille, France
Genet Med 12:801-7. 2010..To investigate the medical and psychosocial factors determining the time to prophylactic surgery of unaffected women carriers of a deleterious BRCA1/2 mutation...
- Patients' characteristics and rate of Internet use to obtain cancer informationJulien Mancini
INSERM UMR379, Epidemiology and Social Sciences Unit, Institut Paoli Calmettes, 232 Bd Ste Marguerite, F 13273 Marseille cedex 09, France
J Public Health (Oxf) 28:235-7. 2006..6; 95% confidence interval (CI) 1.3-5.1], the most highly educated (adjOR 2.1; 95% CI 1.1-4.0) and those under 41 years of age (adjOR 7.3; 95% CI 2.1-26.2). Almost one of every three women was dissatisfied of this source of information...
- Patients' regrets after participating in a randomized controlled trials depended on their involvement in the decision makingJulien Mancini
Aix Marseille University, School of Medicine, Marseille F 13385, France
J Clin Epidemiol 65:635-42. 2012..To identify the factors associated with long-term regrets expressed a posteriori by randomized controlled trial (RCT) participants questioned about their decision to participate in an RCT...
- Impact of an information booklet on satisfaction and decision-making about BRCA genetic testingJulien Mancini
INSERM, UMR379, Institut Paoli Calmettes, Epidemiology and Social Sciences Unit, 232 Bd Ste Marguerite, Marseille F 13000, France
Eur J Cancer 42:871-81. 2006..95%; P = 0.009). In addition to a consultation providing more tailored information, a standardized written document improved the decision-making process involved in giving informed consent to genetic testing...
- [Perception by cancer patients of biomedical research in the era of large-scale biobanking]Julien Mancini
Aix Marseille Univ, UMR 912, 13009, Marseille, France
Med Sci (Paris) 28:28-32. 2012..Patients are globally expressing a wish for more proposals to participate in research in collaboration with scientific teams...
- [The supply of breast/ovarian cancer genetic susceptibility tests in France]Christine Sevilla
INSERM U 379, Institut Paoli Calmettes, 232, boulevard Sainte Marguerite, BP 156, 13273 Marseille Cedex 9, France
Med Sci (Paris) 20:788-92. 2004....
- Spontaneous disclosure of BRCA1/2 genetic test results to employers: a French prospective studyFrancois Eisinger
Institut Paoli Calmettes, Marseille, France
Eur J Hum Genet 20:981-3. 2012....
- Risk communication strategies: state of the art and effectiveness in the context of cancer genetic servicesClaire Julian-Reynier
1INSERM U379, Epidemiology and Social Sciences Applied to Medical Innovation, Institut Paoli Calmettes, Marseille, France
Eur J Hum Genet 11:725-36. 2003..In conclusion, this paper adds clinical relevance to the research evidence. We propose specific steps that could be integrated in standard clinical practice based on current evidence for their usefulness/effectiveness...
- Which factors predict proposal and uptake of psychological counselling after BRCA1/2 test result disclosure?Christine Maheu
INSERM, UMR912, Marseille, France Aix Marseille Université, UMR912, Marseille, France IRD, UMR912, Marseille, France McGill University, Montreal, Canada
Psychooncology 23:420-7. 2014....
- Effects of genetic consultation on perception of a family risk of breast/ovarian cancer and determinants of inaccurate perception after the consultationLaetitia Huiart
Epidemiology and Social Sciences Unit INSERM U379, Institut Paoli Calmettes, 232 Bd Ste Marguerite, 13273 Marseille Cedex 09, France
J Clin Epidemiol 55:665-75. 2002..The question arises as to whether a more comprehensive approach should be implemented and how to go about providing efficient cancer risk information in the context of health care systems...
- Impact of gene patents on the cost-effective delivery of care: the case of BRCA1 genetic testingChristine Sevilla
National Institute for Health and Medical Research, INSERM Unit 379, Institut Paoli Calmettes, Marseilles, France
Int J Technol Assess Health Care 19:287-300. 2003..Alternative strategies using prescreening techniques, however, have been experienced worldwide...
- Assessment of care by breast cancer patients participating or not participating in a randomized controlled trial: a report with the Patients' Committee for Clinical Trials of the Ligue Nationale Contre le CancerClaire Julian-Reynier
Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale, U379, Epidemiology and Social Sciences Unit, Marseille, France
J Clin Oncol 25:3038-44. 2007..Cancer patients participating in randomized controlled trials (RCTs) have not been found to have better clinical outcomes than other patients. Our objective was to assess the impact of RCTs on patients' satisfaction with care...
- Women's perceptions and experience of adjuvant tamoxifen therapy account for their adherence: breast cancer patients' point of viewIsabelle Pellegrini
INSERM, U912 SE4S, Marseille, France
Psychooncology 19:472-9. 2010..The aim of this study on primary breast cancer patients undergoing adjuvant tamoxifen treatment was to determine how their perceptions of the treatment and their experience of side-effects contributed to their adherence to the treatment...
- Cigarette smoking in women after BRCA1/2 genetic test disclosure: a 5-year follow-up study of the GENEPSO PS cohortClaire Julian-Reynier
1 Institut Paoli Calmettes, UMR912, Marseille, France 2 INSERM, UMR912, Economics and Social Sciences Applied to Health and Analysis of Medical Information SESSTIM, Marseille, France 3 Aix Marseille University, UMR_S912, IRD, Marseille, France
Genet Med 17:117-24. 2015..This study aimed to measure patients' smoking patterns for 5 years after BRCA1/2 test result disclosure...
- Behavioral and economic impact of a familial history of cancersFrancois Eisinger
Institute Paoli Calmettes INSERM UMR, Marseille, France
Fam Cancer 4:307-11. 2005....
- Development of a scale for assessing respondents' perceptions of health research questionnaires (the REP-HQ Scale)Anne Deborah Bouhnik
Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale, UMR912 Health Economy, Social Sciences and Medical Information Processing SESSTIM, 232, boulevard de Sainte Marguerite, 13009 Marseille, France
J Clin Epidemiol 65:1098-106. 2012..To develop a scale for assessing Respondents' Perceptions of Health Research Questionnaires (the REP-HQ Scale) and test this scale psychometrically...
- Cancer survivors: familial risk perception and management advice given to their relativesFrancois Eisinger
UMR912, Institut Paoli Calmettes, Marseille, France
Fam Cancer 10:147-55. 2011..If survivors were better informed, they could play a critical role by conveying relevant and sound risk reduction messages to their relatives...
- [Having a child and PND/PGD access in women with a BRCA1/2 mutation? Different approach whether ill or healthy]Isabelle Pellegrini
INSERM, UMR912, 232, boulevard Sainte Marguerite, 13273 Marseille Cedex 09, France, Aix Marseille Universite, UMR912, 232, boulevard Sainte Marguerite, 13273 Marseille Cedex 09, France, IRD, UMR912, 232, boulevard Sainte Marguerite, 13273 Marseille Cedex 09, France
Bull Cancer 101:1001-8. 2014..The women's perceptions of the cancer severity, risk and cure were organized according to this experience...
- Psychometric properties of a French version of a Dutch scale for assessing breast and body image (BBIS) in healthy womenNoémie Resseguier
INSERM, U912, SESSTIM, Marseille, France
BMC Womens Health 13:24. 2013..The aim of this study was to examine the psychometric properties of a generic scale assessing breast and body image (BBIS) in healthy women tested for BRCA1/2 mutations...
- Consent for biobanking: assessing the understanding and views of cancer patientsJulien Mancini
Universite d Aix Marseille, Marseille, France
J Natl Cancer Inst 103:154-7. 2011..We conclude that the opt-in consent procedure is positively perceived by most patients but should be improved for a better understanding and possibly an even better adherence to the consent process...
- [Targeted chemotherapy for breast cancer: patients perception of the use of tumor gene profiling approaches to better adapt treatments]Isabelle Pellegrini
Inserm UMR912, IRD, Marseille, France
Med Sci (Paris) 28:24-7. 2012..This will ensure that those who agree to their tumor gene analysis have realistic expectations and sound deductions of the final result disclosure process...
- Question prompt list responds to information needs of myelodysplastic syndromes patients and caregiversJulien Mancini
Aix Marseille Universite, INSERM, IRD, UMR912, SESSTIM, Cancers, Biomedicine and Society team, Marseille F 13273, France APHM, Timone Hospital, Public Health Department BioSTIC, Marseille F 13385, France Electronic address
Leuk Res 39:599-605. 2015..3, 95% confidence interval [1.2-4.2], p=0.008). Our proposal of intervention through a QPL was generally welcomed and could particularly address specific MDS patient needs regarding prognosis information. ..
- France: genetics education for non-genetics health care providersClaire Julian-Reynier
INSERM, UMR379, Epidemiology and Social Sciences Unit, Institut Paoli Calmettes, Marseille, France
Community Genet 9:227-34. 2006..This paper explores the treatment of medical genetics in undergraduate medical education, specialists' training and continuing medical education (CME) for general practitioners, specialists, nurses and midwives...
- Decision-making and breast cancer clinical trials: how experience challenges attitudesJulien Mancini
INSERM, UMR379, Epidemiology and Social Sciences Unit, Paoli Calmettes Institute, Marseille, F 13273, France
Contemp Clin Trials 28:684-94. 2007..The aim of this study was to measure women's preferences about decision-making and their impact to participate or not to a hypothetical randomised controlled trial (RCT)...
- Assessing educational priorities in genetics for general practitioners and specialists in five countries: factor structure of the Genetic-Educational Priorities (Gen-EP) scaleJean Marc Calefato
INSERM, UMR912, Aix Marseille Universite, Marseille, France
Genet Med 10:99-106. 2008..The objective of this study was to determine its factor structure, to test scaling assumptions and to determine internal consistency...