- IQGAP1 protein specifies amplifying cancer cells in glioblastoma multiformeLaurent Balenci
Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale EMI 0104, Departement de Reponse et Dynamique Cellulaires, CEA Grenoble, Grenoble, France
Cancer Res 66:9074-82. 2006..The similarities between amplifying neural progenitors and glioblastoma amplifying cancer cells may have significant implications for understanding the biology of glioblastoma...
- Multicentric French study on adult intracranial ependymomas: prognostic factors analysis and therapeutic considerations from a cohort of 152 patientsPhilippe Metellus
Department of Neurosurgery, Timone Hospital, Marseille, France
Brain 130:1338-49. 2007..The role of adjuvant radiotherapy for patients with incompletely resected low-grade ependymomas seems to be beneficial but remains to be addressed for high-grade tumours...
- Papillary tumor of the pineal regionAnne Jouvet
Hopital Neurologique, BP Lyon Montchat, 69394 Lyon Cedex 03, France
Am J Surg Pathol 27:505-12. 2003....
- Aromatic L-amino acid decarboxylase-immunoreactive structures in human midbrain, pons, and medullaKunio Kitahama
Laboratoire de Physiologie Integrative, Cellulaire et Moléculaire, UMR5123 Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique, Bât Raphaël Dubois, Campus La Doua, 43 Bd du 11 Novembre 1918, 69622 Villeurbanne Cedex, France
J Chem Neuroanat 38:130-40. 2009....
- Identification of differentially expressed genes in human pineal parenchymal tumors by microarray analysisJacques Champier
INSERM U433, Faculté de médecine RTH Laennec, 69372, Lyon Cedex 08, France
Acta Neuropathol 109:306-13. 2005..In conclusion, our results identified a number of genes that are differentially expressed in PPT and MB, and some of them may serve as prognostic markers and can be used to define mechanisms of tumorigenesis...
- Microarray analysis reveals differential gene expression patterns in tumors of the pineal regionMichelle Fevre-Montange
University Claude Bernard Lyon 1, Hopital Neurologique, BP Lyon Montchat, Lyon, France
J Neuropathol Exp Neurol 65:675-84. 2006..Our results highlight the usefulness of gene expression profiling for classify tumors of the pineal region and identify genes with potential use as diagnostic markers...
- Pineocytoma and pineal parenchymal tumors of intermediate differentiation presenting cytologic pleomorphism: a multicenter studyMichelle Fevre-Montange
INSERM, U842, Lyon Université de Lyon, Lyon 1, Faculte de Medecine Laennec, UMRS842, Lyon, France
Brain Pathol 18:354-9. 2008..The lack of invasiveness and the low proliferation index of these tumors suggest a benign clinical course despite the marked pleomorphism, the latter of which can lead to upgrading...
- Gene expression profiling and subgroup identification of oligodendrogliomasHerve Huang
International Agency for Research on Cancer IARC, 150 cours Albert Thomas, F 69372 Lyon Cedex 08, France
Oncogene 23:6012-22. 2004..048). These results demonstrate that oligodendrogliomas and low-grade astrocytomas differ in their gene expression profiles, and that there are subgroups of oligodendroglioma with distinct expression profiles related to clinical outcome...
- Role of exclusive chemotherapy as first line treatment in oligodendrogliomaMarie Pierre Sunyach
Radiotherapy and Neuro Oncology Unit, Centre Leon Berard, Lyon, France
J Neurooncol 85:319-28. 2007..Although chemosensitive, these tumors are not chemocurable. We investigated whether chemotherapy delays the need for radiation therapy (RT) without decreasing length and quality of survival...
- Solitary fibrous tumors of the central nervous system: clinicopathological and therapeutic considerations of 18 casesPhilippe Metellus
Department of Neurosurgery, Hopital de la Timone, 13005 Marseille, France
Neurosurgery 60:715-22; discussion 722. 2007..This is a retrospective study of 18 patients harboring a solitary fibrous tumor of the central nervous system. Therapeutic management and outcome were analyzed...
- Prognosis and histopathologic features in papillary tumors of the pineal region: a retrospective multicenter study of 31 casesMichelle Fevre-Montange
INSERM, U433, Fac Med RTH Laennec, Lyon, France
J Neuropathol Exp Neurol 65:1004-11. 2006..To conclude, the clinical course of PTPR is characterized by frequent local recurrence, and the value of radiotherapy on disease progression will need to be investigated in future prospective trials...
- Evidence for implication of tryptophan hydroxylase in the regulation of melatonin synthesis in ovine pinealocytes in cultureKaren Privat
INSERM U433, Faculté de médecine RTH Laennec, Rue Guillaume Paradin, 69372 Lyon 08, France
Cell Mol Neurobiol 22:417-29. 2002..4. In particular, our results suggest that TPOH plays an essential role in the regulation of melatonin synthesis...
- Brain protection at the blood-cerebrospinal fluid interface involves a glutathione-dependent metabolic barrier mechanismJean Francois Ghersi-Egea
Unité INSERM 433, IFR 19, Université Claude Bermard, Faculté de médecine RTH Laennec, Lyon, France
J Cereb Blood Flow Metab 26:1165-75. 2006....
- Angiocentric neuroepithelial tumor (ANET): a new epilepsy-related clinicopathological entity with distinctive MRIArielle Lellouch-Tubiana
Department of Neuropathology, Universite Paris Descartes, Faculte de Medecine, Paris, France
Brain Pathol 15:281-6. 2005..Immunohistochemical neuronal markers (neurofilament protein, synaptophysin and chromogranin) confirm the presence of a neuronal cell component. Therefore, the term angiocentric neuroepithelial tumor (ANET) is proposed...
- Intracerebral C6 glioma model in female hairless rats: assessment by using MRI and follow-up of irradiationPatrick D Beauchesne
Service de Neurochirurgie, Centre Hospitalo Universitaire de Saint Etienne, Unité INSERM U453, Centre L BERARD, Lyon, France
Anticancer Res 23:3755-60. 2003..We developed a model that is useful for the study of new glioma treatment. We also obtained promising preliminary results when using ultra fractionation radiotherapy...
- Malignant pineal parenchymal tumors in adult patients: patterns of care and prognostic factorsJohannes Lutterbach
Abteilung Strahlenheilkunde, Radiologische Universitatsklinik, Freiburg im Breisgau, Germany
Neurosurgery 51:44-55; discussion 55-6. 2002..The aim of our study was to analyze patterns of care and to identify prognostic factors in patients at least 18 years of age who received radiotherapy for malignant pineal parenchymal tumors...