- Heart-rate profile during exercise as a predictor of sudden deathXavier Jouven
Service de cardiologie, Faculté René Descartes, Universite Paris 5, Hopital Europeen Georges Pompidou, Paris, France
N Engl J Med 352:1951-8. 2005....
- Excessive heart rate increase during mild mental stress in preparation for exercise predicts sudden death in the general populationXavier Jouven
INSERM, Unit 909, Cardiovascular Epidemiology and Sudden Death, Hopital Europeen Georges Pompidou, 75015 Paris, France
Eur Heart J 30:1703-10. 2009..We tested the hypothesis that individuals who respond to mild mental stress in preparation for exercise test with the largest heart rate increases might be at highest risk...
- Relation of heart rate at rest and long-term (>20 years) death rate in initially healthy middle-aged menXavier Jouven
Service de cardiologie, Hopital Europeen Georges Pompidou, and Universite Paris Descartes, France
Am J Cardiol 103:279-83. 2009..19, and 95% confidence interval 1.04 to 1.37, p<0.012). In conclusion, change in HR at rest over 5 years was an independent predictor of mortality in middle-aged men...
- Presentation and revascularization patterns of patients admitted for acute coronary syndromes in France between 2004 and 2008 (from the National Observational Study of Diagnostic and Interventional Cardiac Catheterization [ONACI])Maria Pia Donataccio
Department of Cardiology, Hopital Europeen Georges Pompidou, Assistance Publique des Hopitaux de Paris, France Université Paris Descartes, Paris, France Department of Biomedical and Surgical Sciences, Cardiology Section, University of Verona, Verona, Italy
Am J Cardiol 113:243-8. 2014..Patient's characteristics and CAD were highly dependent on the type of ACS. Patients with unstable angina/non-STEMI were older and had a more severe CAD. In-hospital complications were higher in STEMI patients. ..
- Major regional disparities in outcomes after sudden cardiac arrest during sportsEloi Marijon
Paris Cardiovascular Research Center PARCC, INSERM Unit 970, Paris, France
Eur Heart J 34:3632-40. 2013..Characteristics of sudden cardiac arrest (SCA) during sports offers a novel (and unexplored) setting to assess factors associated with disparities in outcomes across regions...
- Characteristics and outcomes of sudden cardiac arrest during sports in womenEloi Marijon
Paris Cardiovascular Research Center, INSERM Unit 970, Paris, France
Circ Arrhythm Electrophysiol 6:1185-91. 2013..No specific data are available on characteristics and outcome of sudden cardiac death (SCD) during sport activities among women in the general population...
- Carotid intima-media thickness in plaque-free site, carotid plaques and coronary heart disease risk prediction in older adults. The Three-City StudyMatthieu Plichart
INSERM, U970, Paris Cardiovascular Research Centre, PARCC, University Paris Descartes, UMR S970, Paris, France
Atherosclerosis 219:917-24. 2011..We sought to address the respective association between carotid intima-media thickness (IMT) in plaque-free sites and plaques with coronary heart disease (CHD) and their usefulness for CHD risk prediction in the Three-City Study...
- Disability and incident coronary heart disease in older community-dwelling adults: the Three-City StudyMatthieu Plichart
INSERM, U970, Paris Cardiovascular Research Centre PARCC, Paris, France
J Am Geriatr Soc 58:636-42. 2010..To prospectively assess the association between disability and incident fatal and nonfatal coronary heart disease (CHD) in older adults free of cardiovascular disease (CVD)...
- Rheumatic heart disease screening by echocardiography: the inadequacy of World Health Organization criteria for optimizing the diagnosis of subclinical diseaseEloi Marijon
Universite Paris Descartes, AP HP, Hopital Europeen Georges Pompidou, France
Circulation 120:663-8. 2009..We hypothesized that adding morphological features to diagnostic criteria might have significant consequences in terms of case detection rates...
- Gender-specific trends in heart rate in the general population from 1992-2007: a study of 226,288 French adultsMatthieu Plichart
INSERM, U970 Paris, France
Eur J Prev Cardiol 20:61-72. 2013..We thus aimed to examine the secular trends in HR and interrelationships between HR and traditional CV risk factors and mortality...
- Heart rate and risk of cancer death in healthy menXavier Jouven
INSERM PARCC University Paris Descartes UMR S970, Paris, France
PLoS ONE 6:e21310. 2011..We thus systematically examined the predictive value of heart-rate variables on the subsequent risk of death from cancer...
- Higher level of systemic C-reactive protein is independently predictive of coronary heart disease in older community-dwelling adults: the three-city studyCeline Straczek
INSERM U970, Paris Cardiovascular Research Center, Paris, France
J Am Geriatr Soc 58:129-35. 2010..To assess the association between systemic C-reactive protein (CRP) and incident coronary heart disease (CHD) in community-dwelling elderly people...
- Paris Prospective Study III: a study of novel heart rate parameters, baroreflex sensitivity and risk of sudden deathJean Philippe Empana
Paris Cardiovascular Research Centre, University Paris Descartes, and Assistance Publique des Hopitaux de Paris, UMR S970, Paris, France
Eur J Epidemiol 26:887-92. 2011..This unique study should provide new insights into the regulation of heart rate and blood pressure and should enable to identify novel heart rate parameters that are associated with sudden death...
- Short-term exposure to environmental parameters and onset of ST elevation myocardial infarction. The CARDIO-ARSIF registryChristophe Caussin
Institut Mutualiste Montsouris, Paris, France
Int J Cardiol 183:17-23. 2015..We quantified the respective association of climate parameters, influenza epidemics and air pollutants with the onset of ST elevation MI (STEMI) in Paris and the surrounding small ring...
- Is copeptin level associated with 1-year mortality after out-of-hospital cardiac arrest? Insights from the Paris registry*Guillaume Geri
1Medical Intensive Care Unit, Cochin Hospital, APHP, Paris, France 2Paris Descartes University, Sorbonne Paris Cité, Paris, France 3Sudden Death Expertise Centre, INSERM U970, Paris Cardiovascular Research Center, Paris, France 4Emergency Department, Cochin Hospital, APHP, Paris, France 5Department of Automated Biological Diagnosis, Cochin Hospital, APHP, Paris, France
Crit Care Med 43:422-9. 2015..Our aim was to prospectively study the association between copeptin and 1-year mortality in patients with out-of-hospital cardiac arrest admitted in a tertiary cardiac arrest center...
- Mortality of French participants in the Tour de France (1947-2012)Eloi Marijon
Paris Descartes University, Paris, France
Eur Heart J 34:3145-50. 2013....
- Sports-related sudden death in the general populationEloi Marijon
Paris Cardiovascular Research Center, INSERM U970, Hopital Europeen Georges Pompidou, Paris Cedex 15, France
Circulation 124:672-81. 2011..Although such data are available for young competitive athletes, the prevalence, characteristics, and outcome of sports-related sudden death have not been assessed previously in the general population...
- Survival from sports-related sudden cardiac arrest: In sports facilities versus outside of sports facilitiesEloi Marijon
Paris Cardiovascular Research Center, European Georges Pompidou Hospital, Paris, France Paris Descartes University, Paris, France Cardiology Department, Georges Pompidou European Hospital, Paris, France
Am Heart J 170:339-345.e1. 2015..We sought to evaluate frequency, characteristics, and outcomes of sudden cardiac arrest (SCA) during sports activities according to the location of occurrence (in sports facilities vs those occurring outside of sports facilities)...
- [Rheumatic heart disease: future prospects]Mariana Mirabel
Paris centre de recherche cardiovasculaire, Paris, France
Med Sci (Paris) 28:633-8. 2012..However, rheumatic heart disease remains a major health problem in developing countries. Recently, echocardiography identified children with mild features of the disease, thereby allowing early treatment...
- Main air pollutants and myocardial infarction: a systematic review and meta-analysisHazrije Mustafic
Paris Cardiovascular Research Center, University Paris Descartes, INSERM Unit 970, Paris, France
JAMA 307:713-21. 2012..Short-term exposure to high levels of air pollution may trigger myocardial infarction (MI), but this association remains unclear...
- Is hypothermia after cardiac arrest effective in both shockable and nonshockable patients?: insights from a large registryFlorence Dumas
Service de Reanimation Medicale, Hopital Cochin, Paris, France
Circulation 123:877-86. 2011..We therefore assessed the prognostic value of hypothermia for neurological outcome at hospital discharge according to first-recorded cardiac rhythm in a large cohort...
- C-reactive protein, interleukin 6, fibrinogen and risk of sudden death in European middle-aged men: the PRIME studyJean Philippe Empana
Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale, Unité 970, Paris Cardiovascular Research Center Université Paris Descartes, Unité Mixte de Recherche en Santé 970, Paris, France
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 30:2047-52. 2010..To examine prospectively the association of high-sensitivity C-reactive protein, interleukin 6, and fibrinogen with sudden death in asymptomatic European men...
- Characteristics and prognosis of sudden cardiac death in Greater Paris: population-based approach from the Paris Sudden Death Expertise Center (Paris-SDEC)Wulfran Bougouin
Paris Cardiovascular Research Center PARCC, INSERM Unit 970, Paris, France
Intensive Care Med 40:846-54. 2014..Sudden cardiac death (SCD) is a major public health concern, but data regarding epidemiology of this disease in Western European countries are outdated. This study reports the first results from a large registry of SCD...
- Is epinephrine during cardiac arrest associated with worse outcomes in resuscitated patients?Florence Dumas
INSERM U970, Parisian Cardiovascular Research Center, Paris Descartes University, Paris, France Emergency Department, Cochin Hôtel Dieu Hospital, APHP, Paris Descartes University, Paris, France Electronic address
J Am Coll Cardiol 64:2360-7. 2014..Although epinephrine is essential for successful return of spontaneous circulation (ROSC), the influence of this drug on recovery during the post-cardiac arrest phase is debatable...
- Changes in reperfusion strategy over time for ST segment elevation myocardial infarction in the Greater Paris Area: results from the e-MUST RegistryNicole Karam
Cardiology Department, Hôpital Européen Georges Pompidou Assistance Publique Hôpitaux de Paris, and Paris Descartes University, Paris, France INSERM, U970, Paris Cardiovascular Research Center PARCC, Paris, France
Int J Cardiol 168:5149-55. 2013....
- Study design and baseline characteristics of the national observational study of diagnostic and interventional cardiac catheterization by the French Society of CardiologyEtienne Puymirat
Department of Cardiology, Hopital Europeen Georges Pompidou, Assistance Publique des Hopitaux de Paris, France
Am J Cardiol 112:336-42. 2013....
- Time to use ultrasound and not stethoscopes for rheumatic heart disease screeningEloi Marijon
Departement de Cardiologie, Hopital Europeen Georges Pompidou, 20 rue Leblanc, 75908 Paris Cedex 15, France
Nat Clin Pract Cardiovasc Med 5:E1-3. 2008
- Increase in out-of-hospital cardiac arrest attended by the medical mobile intensive care units, but not myocardial infarction, during the 2003 heat wave in Paris, FranceJean Philippe Empana
INSERM U970, Paris Cardiovascular Research Centre, Paris V University, Paris, France
Crit Care Med 37:3079-84. 2009..To address the association between the 2003 heat wave in Paris (France) and the occurrence of out-of-hospital cardiac arrest...
- Immediate percutaneous coronary intervention is associated with better survival after out-of-hospital cardiac arrest: insights from the PROCAT (Parisian Region Out of hospital Cardiac ArresT) registryFlorence Dumas
INSERM U970, Paris Cardiovascular Research Center, European Georges Pompidou Hospital, Paris, France
Circ Cardiovasc Interv 3:200-7. 2010..Using data from the Parisian Region Out of hospital Cardiac ArresT prospective registry, we performed an analysis to assess the effect of an invasive strategy on hospital survival...
- Determinants and Outcomes of Accelerated Arteriosclerosis: Major Impact of Circulating AntibodiesAlexandre Loupy
From the Paris Translational Research Center for Organ Transplantation and Cardiovascular Disease, INSERM, UMR S970, Paris, France A L, D Viglietti, O A, J P D V H, J P E, P B, D G, C Legendre, X J, C Lefaucheur Paris Descartes University, Sorbonne Paris Cité and Necker Hospital A L, J P D V H, C Legendre and Department of Transplantation, Saint Louis Hospital D Viglietti, D G, C Lefaucheur, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Paris, France Methodology Unit EA 3181 CHRU de Besançon, Besancon, France D Vernerey Department of Pathology, Necker Hospital, Paris, France J P D V H and Department of Pathology P B and Department of Cardiology X J, Georges Pompidou European Hospital, Paris, France
Circ Res 117:470-82. 2015..The role of circulating antibodies in addition to traditional cardiovascular risk factors in the development of accelerated arteriosclerosis and their long-term clinical consequences have not been demonstrated...
- Excessive daytime sleepiness is an independent risk indicator for cardiovascular mortality in community-dwelling elderly: the three city studyJean Philippe Empana
INSERM U909, Cardiovascular Epidemiology and Sudden Death, Hopital Paul Brousse, Villejuif Cedex, France
Stroke 40:1219-24. 2009..We therefore estimated the risk of mortality for excessive daytime sleepiness (EDS) in community-dwelling elderly participating in the Three City Study...
- Rheumatic heart diseaseEloi Marijon
Paris Cardiovascular Research Centre, INSERM U970, European Georges Pompidou Hospital, Paris, France
Lancet 379:953-64. 2012..In this setting, active surveillance with echocardiography-based screening might become very important...
- Why socially deprived populations have a faster resting heart rate: impact of behaviour, life course anthropometry, and biology--the RECORD Cohort StudyBasile Chaix
INSERM U707, Paris, France
Soc Sci Med 73:1543-50. 2011..Future research should further clarify the mechanisms through which socioeconomic disadvantage influences resting heart rate, as a pathway to social disparities in cardiovascular morbidity/mortality...
- Mortality associated with atrial fibrillation in patients with myocardial infarction: a systematic review and meta-analysisPatricia Jabre
Department of Health Sciences Research, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Circulation 123:1587-93. 2011..Furthermore, contradictory data exist concerning the risk of death according to AF timing. This article, a systematic review and first meta-analysis, aims to quantify the mortality risk associated with AF in MI patients and its timing...
- Prevention of arterial spasm during percutaneous coronary interventions through radial artery: the SPASM studyOlivier Varenne
Cardiology Department, Cochin Hospital, Paris 5 School of Medicine, Rene Descartes Univeristy, Paris, France
Catheter Cardiovasc Interv 68:231-5. 2006..The aim of our study was to evaluate the efficacy of vasodilators in the prevention of radial artery spasm during percutaneous coronary interventions...
- Resting heart rate in first year survivors of myocardial infarction and long-term mortality: a community studyPatricia Jabre
Department of Health Sciences Research, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN INSERM, U970, Paris Cardiovascular Research Center, Paris Descartes University, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Paris, France Service d Aide Médicale Urgente de Paris, Necker Enfants Malades Hospital, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Paris, France
Mayo Clin Proc 89:1655-63. 2014..To evaluate the long-term prognostic effect of resting heart rate (HR) at index myocardial infarction (MI) and during the first year after MI among 1-year survivors...
- Impact of early statin therapy on development of atrial fibrillation at the acute stage of myocardial infarction: data from the FAST-MI registerNicolas Danchin
Cardiology Department, Hoˆpital Europe en Georges Pompidou and Universite Paris Descartes, Paris, France
Heart 96:1809-14. 2010..The aim of this study was to determine correlations between early statin therapy and atrial fibrillation in acute myocardial infarction...
- Contribution of the metabolic syndrome to sudden death risk in asymptomatic men: the Paris Prospective Study IJean Philippe Empana
INSERM Avenir, Epidemiology of Sudden Death in the Population, Paris XI University, Paris, France
Eur Heart J 28:1149-54. 2007..To compare the risk of sudden death and non-sudden death from myocardial infarction associated with the metabolic syndrome (MetS) in asymptomatic men...
- The citius end: world records progression announces the completion of a brief ultra-physiological questGeoffroy Berthelot
Institute for Biomedical Research and Sports Epidemiology IRMES, Paris, France
PLoS ONE 3:e1552. 2008..This will have an impact on the future conditions of athlete training and on the organization of competitions. It may also alter the Olympic motto and spirit...
- Long term outcomes of transplantation using kidneys from expanded criteria donors: prospective, population based cohort studyOlivier Aubert
Paris Translational Research Centre for Organ Transplantation, INSERM, UMR S970, Paris Descartes University, 75015 Paris, France
BMJ 351:h3557. 2015..To assess the long term outcomes of transplantation using expanded criteria donors (ECD; donors aged ≥ 60 years or aged 50-59 years with vascular comorbidities) and assess the main determinants of its prognosis...
- Infective endocarditis in the Lao PDR: clinical characteristics and outcomes in a developing countryMariana Mirabel
INSERM U970, Paris Cardiovascular Research Center PARCC, Paris, France Université Paris Descartes, Sorbonne Paris Cité, Paris, France Assistance Publique Hôpitaux de Paris, Hopital Europeen Georges Pompidou, Paris, France Electronic address
Int J Cardiol 180:270-3. 2015..Data on infective endocarditis (IE) in Southeast Asia are scarce...
- Marital status and risk of out-of-hospital sudden cardiac arrest in the populationJean Philippe Empana
INSERM U909, Cardiovascular Epidemiology and Sudden Death Unit, Paris V University, Villejuif, Paris, France
Eur J Cardiovasc Prev Rehabil 15:577-82. 2008..In this study, we extend our research on the contribution of psychosocial characteristics to SCA, by examining the association between marital status and out-of-hospital SCA...
- Diabetes, glucose level, and risk of sudden cardiac deathXavier Jouven
Service de cardiologie, Universite Paris 5, Faculté René Descartes, Hopital Europeen Georges Pompidou, 20 rue Leblanc, 75015 Paris, France
Eur Heart J 26:2142-7. 2005..The prevalence of diabetes mellitus in industrialized countries is rapidly increasing, and diabetes is suspected to carry a particular high risk for sudden cardiac death (SCD)...
- Predictors for short-term progressive heart failure death in New York Heart Association II patients implanted with a cardioverter defibrillator--the EVADEF studyEloi Marijon
Universite Paris Descartes, Hopital Europeen Georges Pompidou, Departement de Cardiologie, Paris
Am Heart J 159:659-664.e1. 2010....
- Prevalence of rheumatic heart disease detected by echocardiographic screeningEloi Marijon
Department of Pediatric Cardiology, Hopital Necker Enfants Malades, Paris, France
N Engl J Med 357:470-6. 2007..We hypothesized that echocardiographic screening of all surveyed children would show a significantly higher prevalence of rheumatic heart disease...