- [Epidemiology of heart failure]Xavier Jouven
Service de cardiologie Hôpital européen Georges Pompidou 75908 Paris
Rev Prat 52:1641-3. 2002..Mean hospital stay is 11 days. More than 32,000 deaths are related to cardiac failure. Money spent for cardiac failure represents more than 1% of all medical budget...
- Diabetes, glucose level, and risk of sudden cardiac deathXavier Jouven
Service de cardiologie, Universite Paris 5, Faculté René Descartes, Hopital Europeen Georges Pompidou, 20 rue Leblanc, 75015 Paris, France
Eur Heart J 26:2142-7. 2005..The prevalence of diabetes mellitus in industrialized countries is rapidly increasing, and diabetes is suspected to carry a particular high risk for sudden cardiac death (SCD)...
- Resting heart rate as a predictive risk factor for sudden death in middle-aged menX Jouven
Service de cardiologie, Universite Paris 5, Faculté Necker Enfants Malades, Hopital Europeen Georges Pompidou, 20 rue Leblanc, 75015 Paris, France
Cardiovasc Res 50:373-8. 2001..Therefore, we assessed the role of an elevated basal heart rate in the occurrence of sudden death in a long-term cohort study...
- Predicting sudden death in the population: the Paris Prospective Study IX Jouven
Service de cardiologie, Hopital Boucicaut, Paris, France
Circulation 99:1978-83. 1999..Therefore, we assessed risk factors, including parental sudden death, associated with the occurrence of sudden death in a long-term cohort study...
- Circulating nonesterified fatty acid level as a predictive risk factor for sudden death in the populationX Jouven
Service de cardiologie, Universite Paris 5, Faculté Necker Enfants Malades, Hopital Europeen Georges Pompidou, Paris, France
Circulation 104:756-61. 2001..We assessed the role of circulating NEFA in sudden death in asymptomatic men in a long-term cohort study...
- Long-term outcome in asymptomatic men with exercise-induced premature ventricular depolarizationsX Jouven
Service de cardiologie, Universite Paris V, Faculté Necker Enfants Malades, Hopital Europeen Georges Pompidou, France
N Engl J Med 343:826-33. 2000..We used data from the Paris Prospective Study I to assess the long-term outcome for such persons...
- [The best of epidemiology and cardiovascular prevention in 2005]D Thomas
Institut de Cardiologie, Groupe Hospitalier Pitie Salpetriere, 47, Boulevard de l Hopital, 75651 Paris
Arch Mal Coeur Vaiss 99:49-56. 2006..Lastly, the ADMA (asymmetric dimethylarginine), seems a possible new marker of cardiovascular risk, but its real prognostic interest remains to be defined...
- Relation between QT duration and maximal wall thickness in familial hypertrophic cardiomyopathyX Jouven
Service de cardiologie, Hopital Europeen Georges Pompidou, Paris, France
Heart 88:153-7. 2002..QT abnormalities have been reported in left ventricular hypertrophy and hypertrophic cardiomyopathy...
- Incidence of out-of-hospital cardiac arrestThomas D Rea
Cardiovascular Health Research Unit, Department of Medicine, Seattle, Washington 98101, USA
Am J Cardiol 93:1455-60. 2004..The results provide insights regarding absolute and population-attributable risk in clinically defined subgroups, information that may aid strategies aimed at reducing mortality from CA...
- Natural history and risk stratification of arrhythmogenic right ventricular dysplasia/cardiomyopathyJean Sebastien Hulot
INSERM Avenir and U252, Pitie Salpetriere University Hospital, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, France
Circulation 110:1879-84. 2004..The aim of the study was the identification of risk factors related to long-term prognosis...