- Secretory granule neuroendocrine protein 1 (SGNE1) genetic variation and glucose intolerance in severe childhood and adult obesityNabila Bouatia-Naji
CNRS 8090 Institute of Biology, Pasteur Institute, Lille, France
BMC Med Genet 8:44. 2007..The aim of this study is to analyze associations of SGNE1 genetic variation with obesity and metabolism related quantitative traits...
- Prevention of overweight in preschool children: results of kindergarten-based interventionsB Jouret
Department of Pediatrics, Children s Hospital, CHU Toulouse, Toulouse, France
Int J Obes (Lond) 33:1075-83. 2009..Given the increasing prevalence of pediatric obesity, we evaluated two kindergarten-based strategies for reducing overweight in preschool children in the Haute-Garonne Department in France...
- [Obesity in children and adults]Beatrice Jouret
Unité d endocrinologie, Hopital des Enfants, 31026 Toulouse Cedex 3
Rev Prat 54:997-1005. 2004
- User trial of Easypod, an electronic autoinjector for growth hormoneM Tauber
Unité d endocrinologie, maladies osseuses, génétique et gynécologie médicale, Hopital des Enfants, CHU Toulouse, TSA, Toulouse Cedex 9, France
Ann Endocrinol (Paris) 69:511-6. 2008..A new electronic injection device, the Easypod, has been developed to administer growth hormone (GH). This study assessed the use of this device in common practice...
- Evaluation of microcomputer nutritional teaching games in 1,876 children at schoolM C Turnin
Service de Diabétologie Maladies Métaboliques Nutrition, CHU Rangueil, 1, avenue Jean Poulhes, 31403, Toulouse Cedex 4
Diabetes Metab 27:459-64. 2001..We evaluated in a prospective study microcomputer nutritional teaching games and their contribution to the children's acquisition of nutritional knowledge and improvement of eating habits...
- Can some growth hormone (GH)-deficient children benefit from combined therapy with gonadotropin-releasing hormone analogs and GH? Results of a retrospective studyM Tauber
Unité d endocrinologie, Hopital des Enfants, 31026 Toulouse, France
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 88:1179-83. 2003..Further prospective studies are required to confirm these preliminary hypothesis...
- Long-term evolution of endocrine disorders and effect of GH therapy in 35 patients with pituitary stalk interruption syndromeMaithe Tauber
Division of Endocrinology, Genetics, Gynecology and Bone Diseases, Hopital des Enfants, Toulouse, France
Horm Res 64:266-73. 2005..002). GH treatment is very effective: in 13 patients, final height was -0.4 +/- 1.0, total height gain 3.2 +/- 1.2 and distance to target height -0.3 +/- 1.6 SDS...
- Adolescents with partial growth hormone (GH) deficiency develop alterations of body composition after GH discontinuation and require follow-upMaithe Tauber
Unit of Endocrinology, Hopital des Enfants, TSA 70034, 31059 Toulouse Cedex 9, France
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 88:5101-6. 2003..These changes are similar to those described in severe GHD, although less marked, and justify a precise follow-up...
- Endothelial function and mechanical arterial properties in children born small for gestational age: comparison with obese childrenB Jouret
Division of Endocrinology, Genetics, Gynecology and Bone Diseases, Children s Hospital, 330 avenue de Grande Bretagne, Toulouse Cedex 9, France
Horm Res Paediatr 76:240-7. 2011..Early cardiovascular events preceding atherosclerosis have been reported in children born small for gestational age (SGA)...
- [Age at onset of menarche: Results from the French Health Behaviour in School-aged Children study]A Gaudineau
UMR INSERM U, Universite Paul Sabatier, Toulouse, France
Gynecol Obstet Fertil 38:385-7. 2010..To describe age at onset of menarche in a large nationally representative sample of French schoolgirls...
- Auxological and endocrine evolution of 28 children with Prader-Willi syndrome: effect of GH therapy in 14 childrenM Tauber
Service d endocrinologie pédiatrique, Hopital des Enfants, Toulouse, France
Horm Res 53:279-87. 2000..0.14 +/- 0.76; group 1 vs. group 2). This retrospective study shows that, in children with Prader-Willi syndrome and true GH deficiency, long-term GH therapy is effective in increasing growth velocity and in maintaining body mass index...
- [Growth follow-up of SGA children after 3 years of GH treatment]T Edouard
Unité d Endocrinologie Pédiatrique, maladies osseuses, génétique et gynécologie médicale, Hopital des Enfants, CHU de Toulouse, 330 avenue de Grande Bretagne, Toulouse, France
Arch Pediatr 15:115-21. 2008..Numerous therapeutic trials have demonstrated the efficacy of GH treatment in these children. However, the duration of this treatment is still discussed...
- Factors associated with overweight in preschool-age children in southwestern FranceBeatrice Jouret
Department of Pediatrics, Children s Hospital, CHU Toulouse, France
Am J Clin Nutr 85:1643-9. 2007..Pediatric overweight and obesity are becoming an epidemic worldwide, which indicates the need for formulating preventive programs and policies during a child's early years...