- [Perception and understanding chronic heart failure by the patient. The impact of therapeutic education on the level of knowledge of patients. About 350 cases]P Jourdain
Unité thérapeutique d insuffisance cardiaque et service de cardiologie CHR Dubos, 6 avenue de France, 95300 Pontoise
Arch Mal Coeur Vaiss 100:163-74. 2007..The aim of our study was to analyze the patient's perception of the disease and his/her practices about this disease, as well as the treatments used...
- [Brain natriuretic peptide, heart failure and elderly patients]P Jourdain
Unité thérapeutique d insuffisance cardiaque et service de cardiologie, centre hospitalier René Dubos, 6, avenue de l Ile de France, 95300 Pontoise, France
Ann Cardiol Angeiol (Paris) 52:285-9. 2003..Ageing may increase these peptides, especially in case of comorbidities like renal failure or hypertension and require adjustment for age. Diagnostic value of natriuretic peptides seems however preserved in elderly people...
- Plasma brain natriuretic peptide-guided therapy to improve outcome in heart failure: the STARS-BNP Multicenter StudyPatrick Jourdain
Rene Descartes University, Paris, France
J Am Coll Cardiol 49:1733-9. 2007..The aim of this multicenter study was to evaluate the prognostic impact of a therapeutic strategy using plasma brain natriuretic peptide (BNP) levels...
- [Secondary prevention in the elderly or very elderly patient: indications, limitations and...perspectives]P Jourdain
Service de cardiologie, CH René Dubos, 6, avenue de l lle de France, 95300 Pontoise
Arch Mal Coeur Vaiss 99:45-9. 2006....
- [Brain natriuretic peptide and heart failure, from bench to bedside]P Jourdain
Unité thérapeutique d insuffisance cardiaque et service de cardiologie, centre hospitalier R Dubos, 95300 Pontoise, France
Ann Cardiol Angeiol (Paris) 53:193-9. 2004..BNP use is now recommended by European Society of Cardiology guidelines but multiplication of publications about BNP and NTProBNP show new possible applications for natriuretic peptides...
- [Clinical research in community hospitals in France]P Jourdain
Service de cardiologie, centre hospitalier René Dubos, 6, avenue de l Ile de France, 95300 Pontoise, France
Ann Cardiol Angeiol (Paris) 52:349-51. 2003..Even it is sometimes difficult to do, improvement of medical science and patient management through publications and communications are the ultimate goal of such trials......
- [Educating patients about heart failure in community hospitals: it is possible...]P Jourdain
Unité thérapeutique d insuffisance cardiaque et service de cardiologie, centre hospitalier René Dubos, 6, avenue d Ile de France, 95300 Pontoise, France
Ann Cardiol Angeiol (Paris) 52:329-36. 2003..However, therapeutic education for heart failure patients becomes more and more essential in clinical practice and improves patient knowledge and implication and hospitalization duration...
- B-CONVINCED: Beta-blocker CONtinuation Vs. INterruption in patients with Congestive heart failure hospitalizED for a decompensation episodeGuillaume Jondeau
AP HP, Hopital Bichat, Service de cardiologie, Faculté de Médecine Paris VII, INSERM U698, Paris F 75018, France
Eur Heart J 30:2186-92. 2009..Whether or not beta-blocker therapy should be stopped during acutely decompensated heart failure (ADHF) is unsure...
- [Therapeutic education of heart failure patients in France]Patrick Jourdain
Unité thérapeutique d insuffisance cardiaque et école du coeur, CH René Dubos, F 95300 Pontoise, France
Presse Med 38:1797-804. 2009....
- Transient worsening of renal function during hospitalization for acute heart failure alters outcomeDamien Logeart
Department of Cardiology, Hopital Lariboisiere, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Paris, France
Int J Cardiol 127:228-32. 2008..We studied prevalence, causes and consequences of worsening renal function (WRF) during hospitalization for acute heart failure (AHF)...
- Combined copeptin and troponin to rule out myocardial infarction in patients with chest pain and a history of coronary artery diseasePatrick Ray
Department of Emergency Medicine, Pitie Salpetriere Hospital, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris AP HP, INSERM UMRS 956, Universite Pierre et Marie Curie Paris 6, 75013, Paris, France
Am J Emerg Med 30:440-8. 2012....
- Heart rate distribution and predictors of increased heart rate among French hypertensive patients with stable coronary artery disease. Data from the LHYCORNE cohortLuc Lorgis
Service de cardiologie, CHU Bocage, Boulevard Marechal De Lattre de Tassigny, Dijon, France
Arch Cardiovasc Dis 102:541-7. 2009..Currently there is no information about heart rate distribution and predictors of high heart rate in patients with stable coronary artery disease (CAD)...
- A gray zone assigned to inconclusive results of quantitative diagnostic tests: Application to the use of brain natriuretic peptide for diagnosis of heart failure in acute dyspneic patientsJoel Coste
Department of Biostatistics, Universite Paris Descartes, Faculte de Medecine, Hopital Cochin, Paris, France
Clin Chem 52:2229-35. 2006....
- Predischarge B-type natriuretic peptide assay for identifying patients at high risk of re-admission after decompensated heart failureDamien Logeart
Service de cardiologie, Hopital Beaujon, Clichy, France
J Am Coll Cardiol 43:635-41. 2004..The aim of this study was to determine the value of serial B-type natriuretic peptide (BNP) assay for predicting post-discharge outcome of patients admitted for decompensated congestive heart failure (CHF)...
- Creation of standardized tools for therapeutic education specifically dedicated to chronic heart failure patients: the French I-CARE projectYves Juilliere
CHU Nancy Brabois, Cardiology, Vandoeuvre les Nancy, France
Int J Cardiol 113:355-63. 2006..To develop educational programs in chronic heart failure (CHF), creation of standardized tools for therapeutic education specifically dedicated to CHF patients was performed as a part of the French I-CARE project...
- B-type natriuretic Peptide: application in the communityKen McDonald
St Vincent s University Hospital, Dublin, Ireland
Congest Heart Fail 14:12-6. 2008..The following review will outline established and potential new roles for natriuretic peptide assessment in the community...