- The complete genome sequence of Corynebacterium pseudotuberculosis FRC41 isolated from a 12-year-old girl with necrotizing lymphadenitis reveals insights into gene-regulatory networks contributing to virulenceEva Trost
Institut für Genomforschung und Systembiologie, Centrum für Biotechnologie, Universitat Bielefeld, Bielefeld, Germany
BMC Genomics 11:728. 2010..To detect potential virulence factors and corresponding gene-regulatory networks in this human isolate, the genome sequence of C. pseudotuberculosis FCR41 was determined by pyrosequencing and functionally annotated...
- Efficacy of rifampin-moxifloxacin-metronidazole combination therapy in hidradenitis suppurativaOlivier Join-Lambert
Universite Paris Descartes, Faculté de Médecine Paris Descartes, Paris, France
Dermatology 222:49-58. 2011..Antibiotics have been shown to improve hidradenitis suppurativa (HS) patients but complete remission is rare using these treatments...
- Mechanisms of meningeal invasion by a bacterial extracellular pathogen, the example of Neisseria meningitidisOlivier Join-Lambert
INSERM, Unité 570, 156 rue de Vaugirard, 75015 Paris, France
Prog Neurobiol 91:130-9. 2010..meningitidis is also able to recruit the polarity complex Par3/Par6/aPKC that re-routes endothelial cell adhesion molecules of interendothelial junctions, opening a paracellular route for bacteria to cross the endothelial barrier...
- Neisseria meningitidis colonization of the brain endothelium and cerebrospinal fluid invasionFlorence Miller
INSERM, unité U1002, Paris, France Université Paris Descartes, Sorbonne Paris Cité, Faculte de Medecine, Paris, France
Cell Microbiol 15:512-9. 2013..In this review, strategies used by the bacteria to survive in the bloodstream, to colonize the brain vasculature and to cross the blood-brain barrier will be discussed. ..
- Mechanism of meningeal invasion by Neisseria meningitidisMathieu Coureuil
INSERM U1002, Paris, France
Virulence 3:164-72. 2012..The consequence of these bacterial-induced signaling events is the recruitment of intercellular junction components in the docking structure and the subsequent opening of the intercellular junctions...
- Human listeriosis caused by Listeria ivanoviiChristelle Guillet
Universite Paris Descartes, Paris, France
Emerg Infect Dis 16:136-8. 2010..We report L. ivanovii-associated gastroenteritis and bacteremia in a man. This isolate was indistinguishable from prototypic ruminant strains. L. ivanovii is thus an enteric opportunistic human pathogen...
- Monitoring of blood vessels and tissues by a population of monocytes with patrolling behaviorCedric Auffray
Institut Nationale de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale INSERM U838, Laboratory of Biology of the Mononuclear Phagocyte System, and Cellular and Molecular imaging core facility, Institut Federatif de Recherche Necker Enfants Malades, Paris, France
Science 317:666-70. 2007....
- Horizontal transmission of Streptococcus pneumoniae in the surgical ward: a rare source of nosocomial wound infectionMarlène Guillet
Microbiology Infection Control Unit, Necker Hospital, Assistance Public Hospital of Paris, Paris, France
Am J Infect Control 40:71-2. 2012..The likely source was detected in the rhinopharynx of the surgeon. After the implementation of recommendations, no new cases have been recorded...
- Pathogenic Neisseria meningitidis utilizes CD147 for vascular colonizationSandra C Bernard
1 INSERM, U1016, Institut Cochin, Paris, France 2 CNRS, UMR8104, Paris, France 3 Université Paris Descartes, Sorbonne Paris Cité, Paris, France 4 Université Paris Diderot, Paris, France 5
Nat Med 20:725-31. 2014..These findings establish the molecular events by which meningococci target human endothelia, and they open new perspectives for treatment and prevention of meningococcus-induced vascular dysfunctions. ..
- Rapid eradication of Listeria monocytogenes by moxifloxacin in a murine model of central nervous system listeriosisSolène Grayo
Laboratoire de Listeria, Centre National de Référence des Listeria, World Health Organization Collaborating Centre for Foodborne Listeriosis, Institut Pasteur, Paris, France
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 52:3210-5. 2008..Our results indicate that moxifloxacin combines useful pharmacokinetic properties and rapid bactericidal activity and that it may be a valuable alternative for the treatment of CNS listeriosis...
- Pasteurella multocida sepsis and meningitis in 2-month-old twin infants after household exposure to a slaughtered sheepChristelle Guillet
Microbiology Laboratory, Hopital Necker Enfants Malades, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Paris, France
Clin Infect Dis 45:e80-1. 2007..These cases emphasize the necessity of respecting basic hygiene rules and the danger involved in animal sacrifice without suitable professional structure...