- Cancer and HIV infection in referral hospitals from four West African countriesAntoine Jaquet
Universite Bordeaux, ISPED, Centre INSERM U897 Epidemiologie Biostatistique, F 33000 Bordeaux, France INSERM, ISPED, Centre INSERM U897 Epidemiologie Biostatistique, F 33000 Bordeaux, France Electronic address
Cancer Epidemiol 39:1060-5. 2015..As these cancers are amenable to prevention strategies, screening of HPV-related cancers among HIV-infected persons is of paramount importance in this African context. ..
- Cervical cancer prevention in reproductive health services: knowledge, attitudes and practices of midwives in Côte d'Ivoire, West AfricaBoris K Tchounga
Programme PAC CI, CHU de Treichville, Abidjan, Cote d Ivoire
BMC Health Serv Res 14:165. 2014..The aim of this survey was to assess knowledge, attitudes and practices of midwives towards cervical cancer prevention in Abidjan, Côte d'Ivoire, and to find out factors associated with appropriate knowledge...
- The spectrum of cancers in West Africa: associations with human immunodeficiency virusAristophane Tanon
Service de Maladies Infectieuses et Tropicales, CHU de Treichville, Abidjan, Cote d Ivoire
PLoS ONE 7:e48108. 2012..Our objective was to estimate the association between HIV infection and selected types of cancers among patients hospitalized for diagnosis or treatment of cancer in West Africa...
- Antiretroviral treatment and quality of life in Africans living with HIV: 12-month follow-up in Burkina FasoAntoine Jaquet
Universite Bordeaux, ISPED, Centre INSERM U897 Epidemiologie Biostatistique, F 33000 Bordeaux, France INSERM, ISPED, Centre INSERM U897 Epidemiologie Biostatistique, F 33000 Bordeaux, France
J Int AIDS Soc 16:18867. 2013..Our aim was to assess the temporal changes and factors associated with HRQOL among HIV-positive adults initiating HAART in Burkina Faso...
- Cervical human papillomavirus and HIV infection in women of child-bearing age in Abidjan, Côte d'Ivoire, 2010A Jaquet
Universite Bordeaux, ISPED, Centre INSERM U897 Epidemiologie Biostatistique, F 33000 Bordeaux, France
Br J Cancer 107:556-63. 2012....
- Pharmacovigilance for antiretroviral drugs in Africa: lessons from a study in Abidjan, Cote d'IvoireAntoine Jaquet
INSERM CRE U 897, Institute of Public Health and Development, Universite Victor Segalen, Bordeaux, France
Pharmacoepidemiol Drug Saf 20:1303-10. 2011..We assessed knowledge towards pharmacovigilance among ART prescribers and available capacity of HIV clinics to conduct ADR monitoring in Abidjan, Côte d'Ivoire...
- Tobacco use and its determinants in HIV-infected patients on antiretroviral therapy in West African countriesA Jaquet
HIV Epidemiology, Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale CRE U 897, Universite Victor Segalen, Bordeaux, France
Int J Tuberc Lung Dis 13:1433-9. 2009..Tobacco smoking is common in human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) infected patients from industrialised countries. In West Africa, few data concerning tobacco consumption exist...
- Alcohol use and non-adherence to antiretroviral therapy in HIV-infected patients in West AfricaAntoine Jaquet
HIV Epidemiology, INSERM CRE U 897, Institut de Santé Publique, Epidémiologie et Développement, Universite Victor Segalen, Bordeaux 2, France
Addiction 105:1416-21. 2010..To investigate the association between alcohol use and adherence to highly active antiretroviral treatment (HAART) among human immunodeficiency virus (HIV)-infected patients in sub-Saharan Africa...
- Short-term risk of anaemia following initiation of combination antiretroviral treatment in HIV-infected patients in countries in sub-Saharan Africa, Asia-Pacific, and central and South AmericaJialun Zhou
The Kirby Institute, The University of New South Wales, Sydney, NSW, Australia
J Int AIDS Soc 15:5. 2012....
- Low retention of HIV-infected patients on antiretroviral therapy in 11 clinical centres in West AfricaDidier K Ekouevi
INSERM, U897, and ISPED, Universite Bordeaux 2, Bordeaux, France
Trop Med Int Health 15:34-42. 2010..To study factors associated with the probability of retention in antiretroviral therapy (ART) programmes in West Africa...
- Risk factors for cervical intraepithelial neoplasia in HIV-infected women on antiretroviral treatment in Côte d'Ivoire, West AfricaAntoine Jaquet
Universite Bordeaux, ISPED, Centre INSERM U897 Epidemiologie Biostatistique, Bordeaux, France INSERM, ISPED, Centre INSERM U897 Epidemiologie Biostatistique, Bordeaux, France
PLoS ONE 9:e90625. 2014..Facing the dual burden of invasive cervical cancer and HIV in sub-Saharan Africa, the identification of preventable determinants of Cervical Intraepithelial Neoplasia (CIN) in HIV-infected women is of paramount importance...
- Dried cervical spots for human papillomaviruses identificationValérie Charbonneau
University Hospital of Bordeaux, Virology Laboratory and Biology Department, Bordeaux, France
J Med Virol 85:1222-8. 2013..DCS could represent an efficient tool for epidemiological field studies in resource-limited settings, and more importantly for improving the screening coverage and care management in women infected with HPV...
- Cervical cancer screening by visual inspection in Côte d'Ivoire, operational and clinical aspects according to HIV statusApollinaire Horo
Service de Gynecologie Obstetrique, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Yopougon, Abidjan, Cote d Ivoire, France
BMC Public Health 12:237. 2012..Cervical cancer screening is not yet standard of care of women attending HIV care clinics in Africa and presents operational challenges that need to be addressed...
- Determinants of Weight Evolution Among HIV-Positive Patients Initiating Antiretroviral Treatment in Low-Resource SettingsDiana Huisin ʼt Veld
Department of Epidemiology and Social Medicine, University of Antwerp, Antwerp, Belgium Clinical Sciences Department, Institute of Tropical Medicine, Antwerp, Belgium Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics Fonds Wetenschappelijk Onderzoek Vlaanderen, Aspirant Mandate Holder, FWO, Brussels, Belgium Université Bordeaux, ISPED, Centre INSERM U897 Epidemiologie Biostatistique, Bordeaux, France ISPED, Centre INSERM U 897 Epidemiologie Biostatistique, University of Bordeaux, Bordeaux, France Kirby Institute University of New South Wales and Centre for Applied Medical Research, St Vincent s Hospital, Sydney, Australia Department of Biostatistics, Indiana University School of Public Health, Indianapolis, IN Department of Medicine, Moi University Ampath, Eldoret, Kenya Africa Centre for Health and Population Studies, University of KwaZulu Natal, Somkhele, South Africa Department of Infection and Population Health, University College London, London, United Kingdom Centre for Global Health and Development, Boston University, Boston, MA Health Economics and Epidemiology Research Office, Department of Internal Medicine, School of Clinical Medicine, Faculty of Health Sciences, McGill University
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 70:146-54. 2015..Therefore, we studied body weight changes in patients on antiretroviral treatment (ART) in different regions of the world...
- The challenge of AIDS-related malignancies in sub-Saharan AfricaAnnie J Sasco
INSERM, U 897, Epidemiology for Cancer Prevention, Bordeaux, France
PLoS ONE 5:e8621. 2010..The objective of our paper is to review the link between HIV and cancer in sub-Saharan Africa, putting it in perspective with what is already known in Western countries...
- 12-month mortality and loss-to-program in antiretroviral-treated children: The IeDEA pediatric West African Database to evaluate AIDS (pWADA), 2000-2008Didier K Ekouevi
INSERM, U897, and Institut de Santé Publique, Epidémiologie et Développement, Universite Victor Segalen Bordeaux 2, Bordeaux, France
BMC Public Health 11:519. 2011..We describe here the characteristics at antiretroviral treatment (ART) initiation and study the 12-month mortality and loss-to-program of HIV-infected children followed in ART programs in West Africa...