- Preservation of residual hearing with cochlear implantation: how and whyChris James
Service ORL, Hopital Purpan, FR 31059 Toulouse, France
Acta Otolaryngol 125:481-91. 2005..Residual hearing combined with electrical stimulation in the same ear can provide additional benefits even for conventional candidates for cochlear implantation...
- Combined electroacoustic stimulation in conventional candidates for cochlear implantationChris J James
CHU Purpan, Toulouse, France
Audiol Neurootol 11:57-62. 2006..These conventional candidates for CI also benefited from improved speech recognition in noise when using combined ipsilateral electrical and acoustic stimulation...
- Residual hearing conservation and electroacoustic stimulation with the nucleus 24 contour advance cochlear implantBernard Fraysse
Hopital Purpan, Toulouse, France
Otol Neurotol 27:624-33. 2006..To assess the conservation of residual hearing in recipients of the Nucleus 24 Contour Advance cochlear implant (CI) and the benefits of combined electrical and acoustic stimulation...
- Very far-advanced otosclerosis: stapedotomy or cochlear implantationMarie Noelle Calmels
Department of Otology Neurotology and Skull Base Surgery, Purpan Hospital, Toulouse, CHU Toulouse, France
Acta Otolaryngol 127:574-8. 2007..This can justify our decision to propose stapedotomy at the initial treatment in patients with very far-advanced otosclerosis. In cases of hearing failure after stapes surgery, cochlear implantation is an option...
- Binaurality in middle ear implant recipients using contralateral digital hearing AIDSIssam Saliba
ENT Department, Purpan University Hospital, Toulouse, France
Otol Neurotol 26:680-5. 2005..Our study's objective was to identify the binaurality in a well-fitted digital hearing aid worn in the contralateral ear in recipients experienced with use of the Vibrant Soundbridge middle ear implant device...
- The size of the cochlea and predictions of insertion depth angles for cochlear implant electrodesBernard Escude
Clinique Pasteur, CHU Purpan, Toulouse, France
Audiol Neurootol 11:27-33. 2006..To determine whether final insertion depth angle for a perimodiolar cochlear implant electrode varies according to cochlear size...
- Adaptive dynamic range optimization for cochlear implants: a preliminary studyChris J James
Cooperative Research Centre for Cochlear Implant and Hearing Aid Innovation, The University of Melbourne, Australia
Ear Hear 23:49S-58S. 2002..ADRO is a preprocessing scheme that continuously adjusts the gain in each frequency band to optimize the signal in the output dynamic range...
- An investigation of input level range for the nucleus 24 cochlear implant system: speech perception performance, program preference, and loudness comfort ratingsChris J James
Cooperative Research Center for Cochlear Implant and Hearing Aid Innovation, Melbourne, Australia
Ear Hear 24:157-74. 2003..In this study we evaluated the effects of varying the input range characteristics of the Nucleus 24 cochlear implant system on recognition of vowels, consonants, and sentences in noise and on listening in everyday life...