Affiliation: International Agency for Research on Cancer
- Urinary excretion of 5-(hydroxymethyl) uracil in healthy volunteers: effect of active and passive tobacco smokeF Bianchini
Departement de Recherche Fondamentale sur la Matiere Condensee, SCIB LAN CEA, Grenoble, France
Int J Cancer 77:40-6. 1998..These findings suggest that measurement of urinary excretion of 5-HMUra could be useful as a biomarker of oxidative DNA damage and repair, though further research is needed to support these data...
- Oxidative DNA damage in human lymphocytes: correlations with plasma levels of alpha-tocopherol and carotenoidsF Bianchini
International Agency for Research on Cancer, 150 cours Albert Thomas, 69372 Lyon Cedex 08, France
Carcinogenesis 21:321-4. 2000..Further studies are warranted to better elucidate the role of antioxidants in the modulation of oxidative stress in vivo...
- Allium vegetables and organosulfur compounds: do they help prevent cancer?F Bianchini
Unit of Chemoprevention, International Agency for Research on Cancer, Lyon, France
Environ Health Perspect 109:893-902. 2001..Allium vegetables and organosulfur compounds are thus possible cancer-preventive agents. Clinical trials will be required to define the effective dose that has no toxicity in humans...
- Weight control and physical activity in cancer preventionFranca Bianchini
International Agency for Research on Cancer, 150 cours Albert Thomas, 69372 Lyon, France
Obes Rev 3:5-8. 2002..In light of the beneficial effects of weight control and physical activity for cancer prevention, a healthy lifestyle, keeping a low body weight and exercising most days of the week, is recommended...
- Overweight, obesity, and cancer riskFrance Bianchini
Unit of Chemoprevention, International Agency for Research on Cancer IARC, Lyon, France
Lancet Oncol 3:565-74. 2002..Avoidance of weight gain thus seems to be an important factor for cancer prevention...
- Wine and resveratrol: mechanisms of cancer prevention?F Bianchini
International Agency for Research on Cancer, Unit of Chemoprevention, Lyon Cedex, France
Eur J Cancer Prev 12:417-25. 2003..Although regular consumption of one or two glasses of wine seems reasonably safe from the health point of view, a recommendation to the general population for low wine consumption is not justified...
- Isothiocyanates in cancer preventionFranca Bianchini
International Agency for Research on Cancer, Lyon, France
Drug Metab Rev 36:655-67. 2004..However, further research is needed to better clarify the importance of these polymorphisms in modulating the effect of isothiocyanates in cancer development...
- Weight control and physical activity in cancer prevention: international evaluation of the evidenceHarri Vainio
International Agency for Research on Cancer, 150 cours Albert Thomas, F 69372 Lyon, France
Eur J Cancer Prev 11:S94-100. 2002..Thus adiposity and physical inactivity appear to be the most important avoidable causes of these cancers...