Affiliation: Institut Pasteur
- Gaussian approximations of fluorescence microscope point-spread function modelsBo Zhang
Unité d Analyse d Images Quantitative, Institut Pasteur, Cedex, France
Appl Opt 46:1819-29. 2007..All the Gaussian parameters derived in this study are in explicit analytical form, allowing their direct use in practical applications...
- Wavelets, ridgelets, and curvelets for Poisson noise removalBo Zhang
Quantitative Image Analysis Group, URA CNRS 2582, Institut Pasteur, Paris, France
IEEE Trans Image Process 17:1093-108. 2008..These results also demonstrate that the MS-VST approach is competitive relative to many existing denoising methods...
- An efficient and effective region-based image retrieval frameworkFeng Jing
State Key Laboratory of Intelligent Technology and Systems, Beijing 100084, China
IEEE Trans Image Process 13:699-709. 2004..Experimental results on a database of 10,000 general-purposed images demonstrate the efficiency and effectiveness of the proposed framework...
- A unified framework for image retrieval using keyword and visual featuresFeng Jing
Computer Science Department, Tsinghua University, Beijing 100084, China
IEEE Trans Image Process 14:979-89. 2005..It is shown to be more appropriate than two existing relevance feedback algorithms. Experimental results demonstrate the effectiveness of the proposed framework...
- [RNA interference directed by small hairpin RNA expressed in COS-7 cells]Fu Chou Tang
College of Life Sciences, Peking University, Beijing 100871, China
Yi Chuan Xue Bao 30:295-300. 2003..The result established the feasibility of using RNAi technique directed by U6 promoter-driven shRNA to study genes' function in COS-7 cell line...
- Thermal effects on hydrothermal biomass liquefactionBo Zhang
Biotechnology Institute, University of Minnesota, 240 Gortner Labs, St Paul, MN 55108, USA
Appl Biochem Biotechnol 147:143-50. 2008..Varying the cooling rate does not show obvious effects. The results confirm that the heating rate, as governed by the mode of heat transfer, is an important factor that needs to be considered during scale-up...
- Reaction kinetics of the hydrothermal treatment of ligninBo Zhang
Biotechnology Institute, University of Minnesota, 140 Gortner Labs, St Paul, MN 55108, USA
Appl Biochem Biotechnol 147:119-31. 2008..Results show that the presented model is well in agreement with the experiments...
- Parametric blind deconvolution for confocal laser scanning microscopyPraveen Pankajakshan
Ariana Project team, INRIA CNRS UNSA, 2004 Route des Lucioles BP 93, 06902 Sophia Antipolis, France
Conf Proc IEEE Eng Med Biol Soc 2007:6532-5. 2007..A priori model of the specimen is further applied to stabilize the alternate minimization algorithm and to converge to the solutions...
- Pharmacodynamic target attainment of seven antimicrobials against Gram-negative bacteria collected from China in 2003 and 2004Hui Wang
Department of Clinical Laboratory, Peking Union Medical College Hospital, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences, Beijing 100730, China
Int J Antimicrob Agents 30:452-7. 2007..90% CFR against A. baumannii and P. aeruginosa. Pharmacodynamic analyses are useful for selecting optimal compounds and dosing regimens as initial empirical therapy against these organisms in China...
- Genetic mapping of developmental instability: design, model and algorithmJiasheng Wu
College of Agriculture and Biotechnology, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou, Zhejiang 310029, People s Republic of China
Genetics 176:1187-96. 2007..A live example for poplar trees was used to map the QTL that control root length growth and its developmental instability from cuttings in water culture...
- Enhanced isomer purity of lactic acid from the non-sterile fermentation of kitchen wastesBo Zhang
State Key Laboratory of Pollution Control and Resources Reuse, Tongji University, 1239 Siping Road, Shanghai 200092, PR China
Bioresour Technol 99:855-62. 2008..dominated the fermentation of non-sterile kitchen wastes, and the emergence and disappearance of lactic acid bacteria which produced l(+)-isomer and Clostridium sp. resulted in the variations of the isomer purity...
- Nicotinamide 2-fluoroadenine dinucleotide unmasks the NAD+ glycohydrolase activity of Aplysia californica adenosine 5'-diphosphate ribosyl cyclaseBo Zhang
Wolfson Laboratory of Medicinal Chemistry, Department of Pharmacy and Pharmacology, University of Bath, Claverton Down, Bath BA2 7AY, United Kingdom
Biochemistry 46:4100-9. 2007..2-Fluoro-NAD+ is therefore a useful molecular tool allowing dissection of the kinetic scheme for this enzyme...
- Electrostatic-gated transport in chemically modified glass nanopore electrodesGangli Wang
Department of Chemistry, University of Utah, 315 South 1400 East, Salt Lake City, Utah 84112, USA
J Am Chem Soc 128:7679-86. 2006....
- Involvement of peroxiredoxin I in protecting cells from radiation-induced deathBo Zhang
Combined Injury Institute of Third Military Medical University, State Key Laboratory of Trauma, Burns and Combined Injury
J Radiat Res 46:305-12. 2005..Together, our results demonstrate that Prx-I plays an important role in protecting cells from IR-induced cell death, which might be through scavenging IR-induced ROS in the cells...
- A comparative study of two modeling approaches in neural networksZong Ben Xu
Institute for Information and System Sciences, Xi an Jiaotong University, Xi an, China
Neural Netw 17:73-85. 2004..Such stability invariance property lays a sound theoretical foundation of validity of a useful, cross-fertilization type stability analysis methodology for various neural network models...
- Coupled-ring-resonator-based silicon modulator for enhanced performanceYunchu Li
Dept of Electrical Engineering, Univ of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA 90089, USA
Opt Express 16:13342-8. 2008..5-dB power penalty is extended from 18 to 85 ps/nm, for a 40-Gb/s NRZ signal...