Affiliation: Institut National de la Recherche Agronomique
- Elvira Matelot E, Bardou F, Ariel F, Jauvion V, Bouteiller N, Le Masson I, et al. The Nuclear Ribonucleoprotein SmD1 Interplays with Splicing, RNA Quality Control, and Posttranscriptional Gene Silencing in Arabidopsis. Plant Cell. 2016;28:426-38 pubmed publisher..We propose that SmD1 facilitates PTGS by protecting transgene-derived aberrant RNAs from degradation by RQC in the nucleus, allowing sufficient amounts to enter cytoplasmic siRNA bodies to activate PTGS. ..
- Vaucheret H, Vazquez F, Crété P, Bartel D. The action of ARGONAUTE1 in the miRNA pathway and its regulation by the miRNA pathway are crucial for plant development. Genes Dev. 2004;18:1187-97 pubmed....
- Vaucheret H. AGO1 homeostasis involves differential production of 21-nt and 22-nt miR168 species by MIR168a and MIR168b. PLoS ONE. 2009;4:e6442 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that 22-nt miR168 ensures basal cleavage of AGO1 mRNA whereas 21-nt miR168 permits an effective response to endogenous or environmental fluctuations owing to its preferential stabilization by AGO1. ..
- Martinez de Alba A, Moreno A, Gabriel M, Mallory A, Christ A, Bounon R, et al. In plants, decapping prevents RDR6-dependent production of small interfering RNAs from endogenous mRNAs. Nucleic Acids Res. 2015;43:2902-13 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that the decapping of endogenous RNA limits their entry into the PTGS pathway. We anticipate that the rqc-siRNAs identified in decapping mutants represent a subset of a larger ensemble of endogenous siRNAs. ..
- Elvira Matelot E, Hachet M, Shamandi N, Comella P, SÃ¡ez VÃ¡squez J, Zytnicki M, et al. Arabidopsis RNASE THREE LIKE2 Modulates the Expression of Protein-Coding Genes via 24-Nucleotide Small Interfering RNA-Directed DNA Methylation. Plant Cell. 2016;28:406-25 pubmed publisher..We show that changes in 24-nucleotide siRNA levels also affect DNA methylation levels at such loci and inversely correlate with mRNA steady state levels, thus implicating RTL2 in the regulation of protein-coding gene expression. ..