Affiliation: Institut de Veille Sanitaire
- Mortality in 13 French cities during the August 2003 heat waveStéphanie Vandentorren
Department of Environmental Health, Institut de Veille Sanitaire, Saint Maurice, France
Am J Public Health 94:1518-20. 2004..The conjunction of a maximum temperature of 35 degrees C and a minimum temperature of 20 degrees C was exceptional in 7 cities. An excess mortality rate was observed in the 13 towns, with disparities from +4% (Lille) to +142% (Paris)...
- August 2003 heat wave in France: risk factors for death of elderly people living at homeS Vandentorren
Department of Environmental Health, French Institute of Public Health Surveillance, Cedex, France
Eur J Public Health 16:583-91. 2006..In the long term, building insulation and urban planning must be adapted to provide protection from possible heat waves...
- Rationales, design and recruitment for the Elfe longitudinal studyStéphanie Vandentorren
Département Santé Environnement, Institut de Veille Sanitaire, Saint Maurice, France
BMC Pediatr 9:58. 2009..A cohort study is needed to disentangle these influences and explore attribution...
- Bisphenol-A and phthalates contamination of urine samples by catheters in the Elfe pilot study: implications for large-scale biomonitoring studiesStéphanie Vandentorren
National Institute of Public Health Surveillance InVS, Saint Maurice, France
Environ Res 111:761-4. 2011..Differences between types of delivery (caesarean vs. natural) support this hypothesis. This is a significant implication for large-scale biomonitoring studies among this population...
- The impact of heat islands on mortality in Paris during the August 2003 heat waveKarine Laaidi
Institut de Veille Sanitaire, Département Santé Environnement, Saint Maurice, France
Environ Health Perspect 120:254-9. 2012..Heat waves have a drastic impact on urban populations, which could increase with climate change...