Affiliation: Institut Pasteur
- Chronic Helicobacter pylori infections induce gastric mutations in miceEliette Touati
Unité de Programmation Moléculaire et de Toxicologie Génétique, Institut Pasteur, Paris, France
Gastroenterology 124:1408-19. 2003..The aim of this study was to analyze the role of H. pylori infections in the induction of mutagenic events in gastric epithelial cells. The effect of a high-salt diet as a genotoxic risk factor was also investigated...
- When bacteria become mutagenic and carcinogenic: lessons from H. pyloriEliette Touati
Institut Pasteur, Unité de Pathogenèse de Helicobacter, 28 rue du Dr Roux, 75724 Paris Cedex 15, France
Mutat Res 703:66-70. 2010..pylori infection...
- Deficiency in OGG1 protects against inflammation and mutagenic effects associated with H. pylori infection in mouseEliette Touati
Unité de Pathogénie Bactérienne des Muqueuses, Institut Pasteur, Paris, France
Helicobacter 11:494-505. 2006..The present work investigates the consequences of a deficiency in the OGG1 DNA glycosylase, responsible for the excision of 8-oxo guanine, on the inflammatory and genotoxic host response to the infection...
- H. pylori-induced promoter hypermethylation downregulates USF1 and USF2 transcription factor gene expressionFrancoise I Bussiere
Institut Pasteur, Unité de Pathogenèse de Helicobacter, Paris, France
Cell Microbiol 12:1124-33. 2010..These mechanisms occurred in the context of metaplastic lesions, suggesting that alteration of USF1 and USF2 levels could participate in the promotion of neoplastic process during H. pylori infection...
- Genotoxicity of 2-nitro-7-methoxy-naphtho[2,1-b]furan (R7000): a case study with some considerations on nitrofurantoin and nifuroxazideMaurice Hofnung
Unité de Programmation Moléculaire et de Toxicologie Génétique, CNRS URA 1444, Institut Pasteur, Paris, France
Res Microbiol 153:427-34. 2002..In the present paper, we review essential data on the genotoxicity of R7000 and briefly discuss the case of nitrofurantoin and nifuroxazide, two nitrofurans, still in use as urinary and gastrointestinal disinfectants...
- Anti-Helicobacter pylori activities of natural isopentenyloxycinnamyl derivatives from Boronia pinnataCécile Ribeiro da Silva
Unit ofHelicobacter Pathogenesis, Department ofMicrobiology, Institut Pasteur, 75724 Paris Cedex 15, France
Nat Prod Commun 7:1347-50. 2012..These data indicate that these natural isopentenyloxycinnamyl derivatives related to boropinic acid can be considered as novel antibacterial agents with anti-H. pylori activity...
- Comparison of kinetics of induction of DNA adducts and gene mutations by a nitrofuran compound, 7-methoxy-2-nitronaphtho[2,1-b]furan (R7000), in the caecum and small intestine of Big Blue miceXavier Arrault
Unité de Programmation Moléculaire et de Toxicologie Génétique, CNRS URA 1444, Institut Pasteur, 25 rue du Dr Roux, 75724 Paris Cedex 15, France
Mutagenesis 17:353-9. 2002..Some discrepancies in the R7000 genotoxic effects between the two organs were observed, which may be attributable to differences in the metabolic activation pathway of the compound, as well as to DNA repair proficiency in each tissue...
- Organ-targeted mutagenicity of nitrofurantoin in Big Blue transgenic micePhilippe Quillardet
Unité des Cyanobactéries, Institut Pasteur 28, rue du Dr Roux, 75724 Paris Cedex15, France
Mutagenesis 21:305-11. 2006..These data are relevant to the targeted action of nitrofurantoin as a urinary antimicrobial agent. No significant increase of mutants was detected in the case of nifuroxazide-treated mice whatever the organs analysed...