Affiliation: Institut Curie
- Regulating the p53 pathway: in vitro hypotheses, in vivo veritasFranck Toledo
Institut Curie, Centre de Recherche, UMR CNRS 7147, 26 Rue d Ulm, 75248 Paris Cedex 05, France
Nat Rev Cancer 6:909-23. 2006..Importantly, MDM4 emerges as an independent target for drug development, as its inactivation is crucial for full p53 activation...
- Mouse mutants reveal that putative protein interaction sites in the p53 proline-rich domain are dispensable for tumor suppressionFranck Toledo
Salk Institute for Biological Studies, Gene Expression Laboratory, 10010 North Torrey Pines Road, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
Mol Cell Biol 27:1425-32. 2007..These results may explain why the sequence of the p53 PRD is so variable in evolution...
- MDM2 and MDM4: p53 regulators as targets in anticancer therapyFranck Toledo
Institut Curie, Centre de Recherche, UMR CNRS 7147, 26 Rue d Ulm, 75728 Paris Cedex 05, France
Int J Biochem Cell Biol 39:1476-82. 2007....
- [The activation of p53 in tumors: a promising strategy against cancer]Franck Toledo
, Institut Curie, Centre de Recherche, , UMR 7147 IC/UPMC/CNRS, 26, rue d'Ulm, 75248 Paris Cedex 05, France
Med Sci (Paris) 23:565-7. 2007
- A mouse p53 mutant lacking the proline-rich domain rescues Mdm4 deficiency and provides insight into the Mdm2-Mdm4-p53 regulatory networkFranck Toledo
The Salk Institute for Biological Studies, Gene Expression Laboratory, 10010 North Torrey Pines Road, La Jolla, California 92037, USA
Cancer Cell 9:273-85. 2006..Furthermore, Mdm4 loss dramatically improved p53DeltaP-mediated suppression of oncogene-induced tumors, emphasizing the importance of targeting Mdm4 in chemotherapies designed to activate p53...
- RMCE-ASAP: a gene targeting method for ES and somatic cells to accelerate phenotype analysesFranck Toledo
The Salk Institute for Biological Studies, Gene Expression Laboratory, 10010 N Torrey Pines Rd, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
Nucleic Acids Res 34:e92. 2006..These general principles should make RMCE-ASAP applicable to any locus...
- The C-terminal lysines fine-tune P53 stress responses in a mouse model but are not required for stability control or transactivationKurt A Krummel
The Salk Institute for Biological Studies, Gene Expression Laboratory, 10010 North Torrey Pines Road, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 102:10188-93. 2005..We propose that the C-terminal modifications believed to be critical for proper P53 regulation are not essential, but contribute to a fine-tuning mechanism of homeostatic control in vivo...
- Fuzzy tandem repeats containing p53 response elements may define species-specific p53 target genesIva Simeonova
Institut Curie, Centre de Recherche, Paris, France
PLoS Genet 8:e1002731. 2012..Our results indicate a role for the rapid evolution of tandem repeats in shaping differences in p53 regulatory networks between mammalian species...
- Replication initiation in mammalian cells: changing preferencesMichelle Debatisse
Institut Curie, Paris, France
Cell Cycle 3:19-21. 2004..Functional relationships between matrix anchorage and origin selection are discussed...