Affiliation: Institut Paoli-Calmettes
- Assessment of percutaneous fine needle aspiration cytology as a technique to provide diagnostic and prognostic information in neuroblastomaP Thiesse
Department of Radiology, Centre régional Léon Bérard, 28 rue Laennec, F 69373, Cedex 08, Lyon, France
Eur J Cancer 36:1544-51. 2000..The provided material is reliable for confirmation of diagnosis and analysis of biological prognostic markers in the majority of cases. More invasive tumour sampling procedures are required only in selected cases...
- [A protocol for imaging pediatric brain tumors]P Thiesse
Departement de Radiologie, Centre régional Léon Bérard, 28 rue Laennec, 6937 Lyon cedex 08, F
J Radiol 82:11-6. 2001..The purpose of this report is to propose a set of standard diagnostic imaging guidelines to improve the value of imaging when used to test the efficacy of treatments in pediatric neuro-oncology...
- Response rate accuracy in oncology trials: reasons for interobserver variability. Groupe Français d'Immunothérapie of the Fédération Nationale des Centres de Lutte Contre le CancerP Thiesse
Department of Radiology, Centre régional Léon Bérard, Lyon, France
J Clin Oncol 15:3507-14. 1997..We evaluated the impact of an evaluation committee (EC) on patients' overall response status in a large multicenter trial in oncology. We identified reasons for disagreements between investigators and the EC...
- Chemotherapy for aggressive or anaplastic high grade oligodendrogliomas and oligoastrocytomas: better than a salvage treatmentE Bouffet
Department of Neuro Oncology, Centre Leon Berard, Lyon, France
Br J Neurosurg 12:217-22. 1998..Chemotherapy is an effective treatment in aggressive oligodendrogliomas. Further studies must assess the role of chemotherapy in the multidisciplinary management of oligodendroglioma...
- False positive MIBG scanD Frappaz
Paediatric Department, Centre Leon Berard, Lyon, France
Med Pediatr Oncol 29:589-92. 1997..Metaiodobenzylguanidine (MIBG) uptake suggested a sympathetic tissue origin of the mass despite negative catecholamines excretion, but histopathologic examination revealed a juvenile capillary angioma within a normal sympathic ganglion...
- Primary cerebral lymphomas: unsolved issues regarding first-line treatment, follow-up, late neurological toxicity and treatment of relapses. The FNCLCC. French Fédération Nationale des Centres de Lutte contre le CancerJ Y Blay
Centre Leon Berard, Lyon, France
Ann Oncol 11:39-44. 2000..Primary cerebral non-Hodgkin's lymphomas (NHL) in immunocompetent patients (PCL) are located exclusively in the central nervous system, the eye, or meninges. Clinical management of these patients remains controversial...
- High-dose methotrexate and HELP [Holoxan (ifosfamide), eldesine (vindesine), platinum]--doxorubicin in non-metastatic osteosarcoma of the extremity: a French multicentre pilot study. Fédération Nationale des Centres de Lutte contre le Cancer and Société FT Philip
Centre Leon Berard, Pediatric and Medical Oncology Departement, Lyon, France
Ann Oncol 10:1065-71. 1999..This study evaluates histological response, long-term outcome, and toxicity in an intensive chemotherapy program given before surgery...
- Does nephroblastomatosis influence the natural history and relapse rate in Wilms' tumour? A single centre experience over 11 yearsC Bergeron
Centre Leon Berard, Departement de Pediatrie, 28 rue Laënnec 69373, Lyon, Cedex 08, France
Eur J Cancer 37:385-91. 2001..004). The discovery of Nbm in the non-tumoral part of the kidney with WT can be an adverse factor and in particular favours the subsequent development of a new Wilms tumour. It justifies separate follow-up guidelines...
- Conformity to clinical practice guidelines, multidisciplinary management and outcome of treatment for soft tissue sarcomasI Ray-Coquard
Centre Leon Berard, Lyon, France
Ann Oncol 15:307-15. 2004..The primary management of adult soft tissue sarcomas (STS) is characterized by heterogeneity across centers. Several studies suggest that it is improved when coordinated by specialized sarcoma centers...
- Sarcomas and malignant phyllodes tumours of the breast--a retrospective studyC Confavreux
Centre régional de lutte contre le cancer Léon Bérard, 28 rue Laennec, 69008 Lyon, France
Eur J Cancer 42:2715-21. 2006..They are composed of a connective tissue stroma and epithelial elements. Pathological presentation ranges from grade I to malignant phyllodes tumours (grade III) where the stromal component clearly exhibits a sarcoma pattern...
- Intravenous interleukin-2 in patients over 65 with metastatic renal carcinomaS Negrier
Department of Medical Oncology, Centre L BERARD, Lyon, France
Br J Cancer 65:723-6. 1992..Thus, if age does not seem to modify the potential for response to IL2 therapy, cardiac toxicity appears as a limiting factor for intravenous schedules of IL2...
- [How to manage medical imaging performed outside the hospital?]P Biron
Departement de Medecine Oncologique, Chef de Projet Dossier Patient Informatisé, Centre régional Léon Bérard, France
J Radiol 89:521-3. 2008
- Evaluation of core needle biopsy as a substitute to open biopsy in the diagnosis of soft-tissue massesI Ray-Coquard
Centre Leon Berard, 28 rue Laennec, Lyon 69008, France
Eur J Cancer 39:2021-5. 2003..CNB is accurate, not misleading for s-t-M diagnosis, avoids open biopsy complications, and allows one-surgery or neo-adjuvant chemotherapy planning when combined with appropriate imaging...
- Deep sedation in pediatric imaging: efficacy and safety of intravenous chlorpromazineC Heng Vong
Pediatric Oncology Unit, IHOP, Lyon, France
Pediatr Radiol 42:552-61. 2012..The quality of MRI and CT depends largely on immobility of the patient during the procedure, which is often difficult to achieve without sedation in children below the age of 6 years...
- High and low grade oligodendrogliomas (ODG): correlation of amino-acid and glucose uptakes using PET and histological classificationsF Giammarile
Service de Medecine Nucleaire, Centre Leon Berard, Lyon, France
J Neurooncol 68:263-74. 2004..The preferential protein metabolism, already noticeable for low-grade tumor, correlated with glucose metabolism and helped to separate, in vivo, high and low grade tumors...
- Supratentorial embryonal tumors in children under 5 years of age: an SFOP study of treatment with postoperative chemotherapy aloneP Marec-Berard
Pediatric Unit, Centre Leon Berard, 69373 Lyon, France
Med Pediatr Oncol 38:83-90. 2002..To determine the effectiveness of multiagent chemotherapy as sole post-operative treatment of supratentorial central nervous system (CNS) embryonal tumors in young children...
- [Gastro-intestinal stromal tumors: news and comments]Isabelle Ray-Coquard
Clinique Mutualiste Eugène André, Lyon, et Centre Léon Bérard, 28, rue Laennec, 69008 Lyon
Bull Cancer 90:69-76. 2003..Numerous question regarding the integration of this treatment with surgery and the long term outcome of these patients still remain to be answered however...
- Temozolomide in malignant gliomas of childhood: a United Kingdom Children's Cancer Study Group and French Society for Pediatric Oncology Intergroup StudyL S Lashford
Christie National Health Service Trust, Manchester
J Clin Oncol 20:4684-91. 2002..To determine the response rate of the malignant gliomas of childhood to an oral, daily schedule of temozolomide...
- Complete response to imatinib in relapsing pigmented villonodular synovitis/tenosynovial giant cell tumor (PVNS/TGCT)J Y Blay
Ann Oncol 19:821-2. 2008