Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: Institut Gustave Roussy
- Long-term protective effect of mature DC-LAMP+ dendritic cell accumulation in sentinel lymph nodes containing micrometastatic melanomaBruce Elliott
Royal Surrey County Hospital Guildford, Guildford, United Kingdom
Clin Cancer Res 13:3825-30. 2007..The aim of this study was to investigate the prognostic importance of the maximal density of mature DCs in SLNs...
- Primary yolk sac tumor of the endometrium: a case report and review of the literatureA Spatz
Department of Pathology, Institut Gustave Roussy, Villejuif, 94805, France
Gynecol Oncol 70:285-8. 1998..On the basis of the small number of cases reported, such tumors appear to have clinical and pathological features similar to their ovarian counterparts...
- The role of the EORTC pathologist in clinical trials: achievements and perspectives. European Organisation for Research and Treatment of CancerAlain Spatz
Department of Pathology, Institut Gustave Roussy, Villejuif, France
Eur J Cancer 38:S120-4. 2002..In addition, translational research is a resource-consuming activity that necessitates an adequate financial flow to create a proper infrastructure at least for sponsored trials to the participating pathology departments and committees...
- Gene expression profiling of primary cutaneous melanoma and clinical outcomeVeronique Winnepenninckx
Department of Pathology, Gustave Roussy Institute, 94805 Villejuif Cedex, France
J Natl Cancer Inst 98:472-82. 2006..To identify differentially expressed genes that may be involved in melanoma progression and prognosis, we investigated the relationship between gene expression profiles and clinical outcome in a cohort of patients with primary melanoma...
- Interobserver reproducibility of ulceration assessment in primary cutaneous melanomasA Spatz
Institut Gustave Roussy, Villejuif, France
Eur J Cancer 39:1861-5. 2003....
- Skin tumors induced by sorafenib; paradoxic RAS-RAF pathway activation and oncogenic mutations of HRAS, TP53, and TGFBR1Jean Philippe Arnault
Department of Medical Oncology and Pathology, Institute Gustave Roussy, Villejuif, France
Clin Cancer Res 18:263-72. 2012..We carried out a clinical, pathologic, and molecular study of skin lesions occurring in patients receiving sorafenib...
- Gene expression signature associated with BRAF mutations in human primary cutaneous melanomasCaroline Kannengiesser
Service de Génétique and CNRS FRE 2939, Institut Gustave Roussy, Villejuif, France
Mol Oncol 1:425-30. 2008....
- BRCA1, BRCA2, TP53, and CDKN2A germline mutations in patients with breast cancer and cutaneous melanomaChristian Monnerat
Department of Genetics, Institut Gustave Roussy, 39 rue Camille Desmoulins, Villejuif Cedex, France
Fam Cancer 6:453-61. 2007..Our goal was to estimate the involvement of "high risk" genes in patients presenting these two neoplasia, selected irrespectively from family history and age at diagnosis...
- Dermatologic symptoms associated with the multikinase inhibitor sorafenibCaroline Robert
Department of Medicine, Dermatology Unit, Institut Gustave Roussy, Villejuif, France
J Am Acad Dermatol 60:299-305. 2009..The multikinase inhibitor sorafenib (Nexavar) is associated with a relatively high incidence of dermatologic symptoms...
- F-18 fluorodeoxy-D-glucose positron emission tomography scan in the initial evaluation of patients with a primary melanoma thicker than 4 mmEve Maubec
Department of Dermatology, Institut Gustave Roussy, Villejuif Cedex, France
Melanoma Res 17:147-54. 2007..Sentinel lymph node biopsy remains the technique of choice for the most accurate initial staging...
- Cutaneous side-effects of kinase inhibitors and blocking antibodiesCaroline Robert
Department of Medical Oncology, Dermatology Unit, Institut Gustave Roussy, 39 rue Camille Desmoulins, 94801Villejuif Cedex, France
Lancet Oncol 6:491-500. 2005..Elucidation of this connection could lead to the identification of crucial predictive factors for tumour response...
- Prospective study of the cutaneous adverse effects of sorafenib, a novel multikinase inhibitorJulien Autier
Dermatology Unit, Gustave Roussy Institute, 39 rue Camille Desmoulins, 94805 Villejuif Cedex, France
Arch Dermatol 144:886-92. 2008..To provide an accurate description and to evaluate the incidence and severity of cutaneous reactions induced by sorafenib tosylate, a new oral multikinase inhibitor...
- Novel mode of action of c-kit tyrosine kinase inhibitors leading to NK cell-dependent antitumor effectsChristophe Borg
Department of Clinical Biology, Equipe de Recherche Mixte 0208, INSERM, Institut Gustave Roussy, Villejuif, France
J Clin Invest 114:379-88. 2004..These data point to a novel mode of antitumor action for Gleevec...
- CDKN2A as a uveal and cutaneous melanoma susceptibility geneCaroline Kannengiesser
Service de Genetique, Institut Gustave Roussy, Villejuif, France
Genes Chromosomes Cancer 38:265-8. 2003..Immunohistochemistry performed on the UM tissue block revealed loss of CDKN2A protein staining in tumor cells. These observations demonstrate that CDKN2A is also a UM susceptibility gene...
- Prognostic value of angiogenesis evaluated with high-frequency and colour Doppler sonography for preoperative assessment of primary cutaneous melanomas: correlation with recurrence after a 5 year follow-up periodNathalie Lassau
Department of Medical Imaging, Institut Gustave Roussy, 39 rue Camille Desmoulins, 94805 Villejuif, France
Cancer Imaging 6:24-9. 2006..0001), as were lymph node status and ulceration (p = 0.007 and 0.004). CONCLUSION: Vascularization was observed mainly in thick primary melanoma. A median follow-up of 5 years showed the prognostic value of angiogenesis evaluated by CDS...
- Reliability of the histopathologic diagnosis of malignant melanoma in childhoodJanine Wechsler
Department of Pathology, Henri-Mondor Hospital, , France
Arch Dermatol 138:625-8. 2002..For category 3 slides (n = 18), the concordance was poor to moderate. CONCLUSION: This study demonstrates that the reliability of diagnosis of melanoma in childhood is poor, even when submitted to experts...
- Analysis of skin cancer risk factors in immunosuppressed renal transplant patients shows high levels of UV-specific tandem CC to TT mutations of the p53 geneSophie Queille
Laboratoire Génomes et Cancers, FRE2939 CNRS, Institut Gustave Roussy, PRII, 39 Rue Camille Desmoulins 94805 Villejuif, France
Carcinogenesis 28:724-31. 2007....
- Selective accumulation of mature DC-Lamp+ dendritic cells in tumor sites is associated with efficient T-cell-mediated antitumor response and control of metastatic dissemination in melanomaMojgan Movassagh
, Department of Pathology, Dermatology Unit, Institut Gustave-Roussy, 94805 Villejuif Cedex, France
Cancer Res 64:2192-8. 2004....
- Soft tissue sarcomas. Case 3. Gastrointestinal stromal tumor and Carney's triadAlain Spatz
Department of Pathology, Institute Gustave-Roussy, Villejuif, France
J Clin Oncol 22:2029-31. 2004
- The importance of mitotic rate as a prognostic factor for localized cutaneous melanomaRaymond L Barnhill
Department of Dermatology, George Washington University Medical Center, Washington, DC, USA
J Cutan Pathol 32:268-73. 2005..When both TU and MR are included in the same analysis, MR appears to be the more important than TU and TU loses its significance as an independent prognostic factor...
- Pathologic staging of melanomaDirk J Ruiter
Department of Pathology, University Medical Center St Radboud, Nijmegen, The Netherland
Semin Oncol 29:370-81. 2002..Molecular markers that may reflect aggressive behavior of the primary melanoma also are described. Finally, pathologic examination of SLNs is addressed with emphasis on the efficacy of various microstaging approaches...
- The development of optimal pathological assessment of sentinel lymph nodes for melanomaMartin G Cook
Department of Histopathology, Royal Surrey County Hospital, Guildford, UK
J Pathol 200:314-9. 2003..The evolved protocol described here has been adopted by the EORTC as the standard procedure for pathological handling of sentinel lymph nodes for melanoma when SLN status is a criterion in their clinical trials or studies...
- Expression and possible role of hPTTG1/securin in cutaneous malignant melanomaVeronique Winnepenninckx
Department of Morphology and Molecular Pathology, University Hospitals, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven KUL, Leuven, Belgium
Mod Pathol 19:1170-80. 2006....
- Tyrosine kinase inhibition and grey hairCaroline Robert
Lancet 361:1056. 2003
- Adjuvant therapy with pegylated interferon alfa-2b versus observation alone in resected stage III melanoma: final results of EORTC 18991, a randomised phase III trialAlexander M M Eggermont
Erasmus University Medical Center, Rotterdam, Netherlands
Lancet 372:117-26. 2008..Any benefit of adjuvant interferon alfa-2b for melanoma could depend on dose and duration of treatment. Our aim was to determine whether pegylated interferon alfa-2b can facilitate prolonged exposure while maintaining tolerability...
- Dendritic cell derived-exosomes: biology and clinical implementationsNathalie Chaput
, , Paris XI, France
J Leukoc Biol 80:471-8. 2006..Lessons learned from the pioneering clinical trials allowed reassessment of the priming capacities of Dex in preclinical models, optimizing clinical protocols, and delineating novel, biological features of Dex in cancer patients...
- Identification of histological features associated with metastatic potential in thin (<1.0 mm) cutaneous melanoma with metastases. A study on behalf of the EORTC Melanoma GroupMartin G Cook
Department of Histopathology, Royal Surrey County Hospital, Guildford, UK
J Pathol 197:188-93. 2002..This implies that VGP may require redefinition and that junctional expansion nodules and melanomatous follicular invasion may be variants of VGP...
- Factors to keep in mind when introducing virtual microscopyKatharina Glatz-Krieger
Institute for Pathology, University Hospital of Basel, Basel, Switzerland
Virchows Arch 448:248-55. 2006..These systems differ in speed, image quality, compatibility, viewer functionalities and price. This paper gives an overview of the factors to keep in mind when introducing virtual microscopy...
- X-chromosome genetics and human cancerAlain Spatz
Institut Gustave-Roussy and UMR 8125 CNRS, 94805 Villejuif, France
Nat Rev Cancer 4:617-29. 2004
- Influence of genes, nevi, and sun sensitivity on melanoma risk in a family sample unselected by family history and in melanoma-prone familiesValerie Chaudru
Institut National de la Santé et Recherche Médicale et Université d Evry, Evry, France
J Natl Cancer Inst 96:785-95. 2004..We assessed the role of these factors on melanoma risk in two types of families: families ascertained through melanoma probands but unselected by family history and melanoma-prone families...
- Comparative genomic hybridization analysis of hereditary swine cutaneous melanoma revealed loss of the swine 13q36-49 chromosomal region in the nodular melanoma subtypeFrançoise Apiou
Institut Curie Recherche, Paris, France
Int J Cancer 110:232-8. 2004....
- Clinical and histopathological characterization of cutaneous melanomas in the melanoblastoma-bearing Libechov minipig modelSilvia Vincent-Naulleau
Laboratoire de Radiobiologie et Etude du Génome, CEA INRA, Jouy en Josas Cedex, France
Pigment Cell Res 17:24-35. 2004....
- Human melanoma cell migration along capillary-like structures in vitro: a new dynamic model for studying extravascular migratory metastasisClaire Lugassy
J Invest Dermatol 119:703-4. 2002